Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No. I was one of the first ones to get it. It was on the 1-2 shipping period.

- - - Updated - - -

No. I was one of the first ones to get it. It was on the 1-2 shipping period.
If you were in the 2-3 weeks window there's no reason why you should have a shipping email. Some just got lucky and as it stands now they may not be that lucky. If you got 2-3 weeks then you have up to 3 weeks until they even ship it..then you can start getting impatient.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Based on the experiences here and at xda, I'm not expecting to see it by Friday.

That XDA thread is a nightmarish mess to make sense of. I gave up after about 15 minutes. Most of the recent posts are all torches and pitchforks stuff about Twitter campaigns.

I've given up expecting the phone to appear. I'll just wait for shipping to update (if it ever does) and if the phone does appear, well then happy day. If nothing changes by next Friday (the end of the 1-2 week window from the initial shipping notice), then I'll grab my unruly mob implements.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My bad. By all means get impatient! It seems to help and the phone comes even faster I've heard. Hasn't worked for me though. I got the shipping email this morning but I won't believe any of it until it's in my hands.

Btw, you weren't one of the first. You were actually towards the end of the 1-2 weeks if 17:00 means 5 pm

Nicholas Toth

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Ordered: 27 November 5.23 pm EST
Credit Card: Charged
Shipment: 1-2 Weeks
Tracking info: Label Created 11-30 and email received on 12-1 6:36 pm EST.
UPS tracking still has "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated"
Delivery Estimate: 12/4/2012.... which was yesterday WTH!

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to point out something again that was briefly mentioned earlier in the thread. The whole "A shipping label has been created" yellow bar of hell for UPS tracking is nothing new for devices bought through Google Play. Exact same thing happened with my Nexus 7 when it was released. The following was the full tracking detail for my Nexus 7. Seem familiar?

ScreenShot002.jpg

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The site didn't go live at 17:00 exactly. I went live a bit late.
My bad. By all means get impatient! It seems to help and the phone comes even faster I've heard. Hasn't worked for me though. I got the shipping email this morning but I won't believe any of it until it's in my hands.

Btw, you weren't one of the first. You were actually towards the end of the 1-2 weeks if 17:00 means 5 pm

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to point out something again that was briefly mentioned earlier in the thread. The whole "A shipping label has been created" yellow bar of hell for UPS tracking is nothing new for devices bought through Google Play. Exact same thing happened with my Nexus 7 when it was released. The following was the full tracking detail for my Nexus 7. Seem familiar?

View attachment 49653

And with that, our target delivery time frame from first shipping notice is.......................................... ***drum roll please*** ................................. 6 DAYS!!!

Oh wait.... did that include weekend days? EDIT: just checked my calendar - yes it does!

bdavis89

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 49653

Interesting. So you got it six days after it shipped, even though it was "2 day shipping"? Its my understanding that everything from the playstore is purchased with 2-day shipping, let me know if I'm wrong.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Ordered: 27 November 5.23 pm EST
Credit Card: Charged
Shipment: 1-2 Weeks
Tracking info: Label Created 11-30 and email received on 12-1 6:36 pm EST.
UPS tracking still has "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated"
Delivery Estimate: 12/4/2012.... which was yesterday WTH!

The delivery estimate, if you have one, is based entirely on when the label was reported created and the shipping method/speed on the order. It has nothing to do with the actual status of your device. Don't worry, you're not alone in this. Lots of company here in the thread.

whydidnt

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
16 GB ordered Order date: Nov 27, 2012 3:19:27 PM PST. My shipping window was 2-3 weeks when I placed the order, but I had been hitting the proceed button for about 2 hours straight at that point, so I may have gotten lucky and ended up in the 1-2 week window - my receipt said 2-3 weeks though.
Received email at 3:35 AM CST today indicating it had been shipped. Even if it's not here by Friday, I'm pleased that the order has been processed faster than I thought. Still not thrilled at the hassle to get the order placed though.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. So you got it six days after it shipped, even though it was "2 day shipping"? Its my understanding that everything from the playstore is purchased with 2-day shipping, let me know if I'm wrong.

Yep. But in that specific case, it didn't matter for me. Because I had found one at Sam's Club on release weekend and sent the one from Google Play back when it arrived. Got a 100% full refund including the shipping charges.

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
And with that, our target delivery time frame from first shipping notice is.......................................... ***drum roll please*** ................................. 6 DAYS!!!

Oh wait.... did that include weekend days? EDIT: just checked my calendar - yes it does!

laser155

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

That means the people who have shipping labels reported to be printed on the 29th according to UPS should expect theirs to arrive today. Maybe that means mine will be here today.

lsutigers03

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok so the pending charge from the 27th disappeared a few days ago. Now I have a pending credit on my credit card. I thought it was a pending charge when I first saw it but then I noticed that it's a credit for some reason. My purchase is still pending in Google Wallet. This whole process seems very odd. I may just go get an S3 and be done with it.

jgqq94.jpg

rkohou

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Just to keep this tread going I spoke to Google :-$ and they acknowledge that they did print the labels prior to shipping on thousands of the orders and the devices were not released to the ups as of yet. the last info they have from their supervisor is that it will happen later today for part of the early orders and they will be releasing some every day this week.

11/27/2012 Tue GOOGLE *DEVICES GOOGLE.COM/CH CA
A0025SEG PYMT SERVICE
PYMT SERVICE
Doing Business As: GOOGLE CHECKOUT SELLER
Merchant Address: 1600 AMPHITHEATRE PKWY
MOUNTAIN VIEW
CA
94043-1351
UNITED STATES
Reference Number: g2333347733322
Dispute/Inquire about this charge
Category: Business Services - Internet Services

My charge never left posted on 27th. For those who care:D

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah!! Got my shipping detail. Seriously thought I was going to be another week. Ordered on the 27th 3pm PST here in Cali with 2-3 wk shipping date. Stoked right now!!

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
That means the people who have shipping labels reported to be printed on the 29th according to UPS should expect theirs to arrive today. Maybe that mine will be here today.

I wouldn't read too much into it, personally. At best this shows us that even though tracking never updates, phones could still arrive today. Remember this is one result, on a different device, from earlier this year. Still a nice thought, though, and I'm glad it was posted. :)

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just got an email from google play saying my phones have shipped and I have a UPS tracking no. My order was the 2-3 week window so ahead of schedule for sure. We'll see. What happens in the next 24hrs.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

laser155

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't read too much into it, personally. At best this shows us that even though tracking never updates, phones could still arrive today. Remember this is one result, on a different device, from earlier this year. Still a nice thought, though, and I'm glad it was posted. :)

True. I'm just hoping that it does. At this point though, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. It's very helpful to know that it's not unusual for the tracker to not update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d