Nexus S Has Terrible 4G Radio, Terrible Wifi Radio, and Wifi Tethering Crashes Data

betachains

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I also have poor 3g signal, and thus poor battery life. But daily whining all over the Net is dumb. Luckily Fixxer is going to return his phone so we don't have to listen to his stuff any more. (Please.)

Last edited:

fixxxer1022

Banned
Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I also have poor 3g signal, and thus poor battery life. But daily whining all over the Net is dumb. Luckily Fixxer is going to return his phone so we don't have to listen to his stuff any more. (Please.)

it's not whining, it's trying to come together to find a fix or help the companies. im not sure what the issue is on this site as i see no one else complaining. are you guys telling the same to the upset evo3d users? just suck it up and deal?

Reactions: maryinredding

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
it's not whining, it's trying to come together to find a fix or help the companies. im not sure what the issue is on this site as i see no one else complaining. are you guys telling the same to the upset evo3d users? just suck it up and deal?

Again the issue has been acknowledged by all three companies, everyone in that company may not know, but the important ones do. Let's just keep it neutral.. Stop saying nobody is taking care of it. A Google employee confirmed it was being tested and looked into.

Your a huge hit on bashing things huh? Personally looking more into this with you, it's obvious your trolling and trying to cause major problems. Drop it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBMxsZkLBFc&feature=related

Last edited:

betachains

May 7, 2011
Visit site

Geez, you are on every day, here and elsewhere, with the same unhelpful complaints. When are you returning your phone, again?

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
it's not whining, it's trying to come together to find a fix or help the companies. im not sure what the issue is on this site as i see no one else complaining.

I'm not having any of these reception issues. I don't doubt that some are, but there have been acknowledgments by Google that they'd investigate. Give it some time or return in the 30-day window.

fixxxer1022

Banned
Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
theres been zero acknowledgment from anybody. all hearsay on the forums. prove me otherwise. whatever.. im done on this site as some of you are ungrateful that people care enough to get an issue fixed. and spl, you seem like a troll to me and contribute nothing what so ever. quit spamming my youtube and following me around. over 40,000 views to the sprint complaint thread, yeah id say that's more than just a few users having issues. i believe gbhil even said he was concerned about it on the nexus.

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much fixxxer1022 for the wonderful tutorial that explains so much. I now know what is going on and I hope that Google, Sprint and Samsung take notice and fix this problem.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
theres been zero acknowledgment from anybody. all hearsay on the forums. prove me otherwise.

Google has acknowledged on their help forums they would investigate:

Nexus S 4g Signal issues - Google Mobile Help

From Ry Guy:

Thanks for posting all this useful information folks. We are still investigating and doing some side-by-side tests of our own so stay tuned. No need to continue posting your coordinates and speed stats. Thanks for your continued patience.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
theres been zero acknowledgment from anybody. all hearsay on the forums. prove me otherwise. whatever.. im done on this site as some of you are ungrateful that people care enough to get an issue fixed. and spl, you seem like a troll to me and contribute nothing what so ever. quit spamming my youtube and following me around. over 40,000 views to the sprint complaint thread, yeah id say that's more than just a few users having issues. i believe gbhil even said he was concerned about it on the nexus.

Couldn't be more incorrect..

Nexus S 4g Signal issues - Google Mobile Help

Does your Nexus S 4G have poor signal quality too? | ZDNet

Nexus S 4G Having Reception Issues?

http://www.androidcentral.com/are-y...ampaign=Feed:+androidcentral+(Android+Central)

Nexus S 4G from Google (Sprint) Review & Rating | PCMag.com "noted in review" "poor reception"

Sprint Community: Signal Issues with Nexus S "Sprint employee looking into it"

Enough said.. Oh I have more links I can post to. Do not call me out on being a troll, since every post I have posted has been backed with proof. I also have not been flooding every single forum out there with this nonsense in every single topic that can be found. Again it's been acknowledged.. Either return the phone, or be patient like everyone else with the issue has to be. Stop causing problems in this forum. Also my thanks meter proves otherwise that I don't help in this forum. Seriously man if you don't have anything good to say, vacate the forum.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Don't make this personal. Disagreeing is fine - calling people trolls is not. If you have a problem, report the post and a moderator will handle it. That's why we're here.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Can the people who are having trouble with a wireless signal can u download speedtwst and tell me what speed you are getting. Along with who is your provider and router. I'm curious to see what e eryone is running.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Richard1864

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
YouTube - ‪Nexus S 4G Signal Issues‬‏

heres a youtube video i made with my thoughts on the issues we are having. feel free to repost where ever you wish. hopefully android central will consider posting it as well.

I heard a lot of ranting and raving in your video with no testing of this phone with another SAME IDENTICAL PHONE for true comparison. And you seem to have a lot of videos on your TouTube page slamming Sprint for all kinds of stuff. None of that really helps your case.

Oh, and by the way, 18,734 views of a thread does NOT mean they all have the same problem. I have NO problem whatsoever with the phone, and nor do lots of other people. And since I do work with Sprint, I can say that we have had LESS THAN 1% of the total number of NS4G's sold in MD come back for signal problems, and those that did were reset to factory defaults in the store and the problems have NOT come back (I check with some of the customers who came in to my store with this issue to confirm).

The issue has been confirmed by Google, Sprint, and Samsung, and they are working on it. They have stated this numerous times in emails and on numerous forums. There are even links to there comments on THIS SAME THREAD!

There has been so much whining on this issue by the same people that this thread is almost useless.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I heard a lot of ranting and raving in your video with no testing of this phone with another SAME IDENTICAL PHONE for true comparison. And you seem to have a lot of videos on your TouTube page slamming Sprint for all kinds of stuff. None of that really helps your case.

Oh, and by the way, 18,734 views of a thread does NOT mean they all have the same problem. I have NO problem whatsoever with the phone, and nor do lots of other people. And since I do work with Sprint, I can say that we have had LESS THAN 1% of the total number of NS4G's sold in MD come back for signal problems, and those that did were reset to factory defaults in the store and the problems have NOT come back (I check with some of the customers who came in to my store with this issue to confirm).

The issue has been confirmed by Google, Sprint, and Samsung, and they are working on it. They have stated this numerous times in emails and on numerous forums. There are even links to there comments on THIS SAME THREAD!

There has been so much whining on this issue by the same people that this thread is almost useless.

Well said. I wonder how many people have tried doing a factor reset.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I wanna take a second and chime in here.

First off, everybody involved here needs to tell ragnarokx, KSmithInNy, and Adrynalyne thanks for the work they do in the Nexus S 4G forums. You guys certainly are keeping them busy :)

Now for the meat of what I'd like to say --
The Nexus S 4G has signal problems. How do I know? Not because I have one, but because of the sheer number of issues and questions people, who aren't hackers but fell in love with the look of the NS4G and the screen, and found Android Central's help & tips email to ask about things. These are normal people coming from non-smartphones or another platform -- they're not trolls or people with an agenda, they just want help with their phone.

Having said that, not everyone is going to see these problems. If they aren't affecting you, GREAT! They do exist, and it's going to take work from Sprint to get it fixed. The Evo was the same way. The Epic was the same way. The Shift was the same way. New hardware, or existing hardware on a new network is going to be buggy. People unsatisfied aren't automatically trolling. They want their phone to work.

But -- fighting and feuding, driving moderators out of their minds, or attacking each other isn't going to do a damn thing to fix any of the affected phones. I know we are all passionate about our smartphones -- I am, too. But please remember two simple things:

1. If what you're going to say is hurtful or disrespectful, please don't say it.
  2. If what you read is hurtful or disrespectful, please listen to ragnorokx's advice a few posts up -- report the post, and the fellas will take care of it.

I'm here, asking as your friend. Let's keep it calm, because we are the face of Android. We're scaring newbies away.

redtooth

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Lot of passion around here! Well I hope the people responsible for fixing these issues have half as much passion about there Jobs if so we should see a fix any day.

Zerocool84

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Radio reception is definitely not good. I'm coming from a Samsung Moment which already had horrible 3G reception and this is worse. Even Wifi radio isn't that strong.

ftrengineer

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Have any of you had better luck with your second or third Nexus S? I'm considering exchanging mine to see if I have any luck before the hard 30 day deadline, but I don't want to waste my time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JT1981