Note 3 KitKat fix Asap

greg24

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
OK hold up let's go back so my problem with my phone is now after using odin to flash the MJ5.tar to (ap, bl, cp) I was to then do the next part which is use heimdall to do whatever cuz it confuses me n that's where I'm stuck pretty much.

Also after I flashed the MJ5 I couldn't boot my phone like there's no boot.img on N3 or else it would boot up. N I could do a ota to NB4.

Posted via Android Central App

you need to follow the directions. You flash those files with odin.. then you boot back into odin mode and heimdall. You're not finished after using odin. FOLLOW ALL THE DIRECTIONS.

greg24

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I did I just checked again I go through all and every step

Yes. Follow every direction. Boot into odin mode.. load the files with odin. Boot back into odin mode and to the heimdall part. Boot into recovery and load the SEC file and then boot back into recovery and load the 248 or water it's called then reboot. Done. It's not that hard

DCBamBam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
OK then there must be something wrong with my phone because u said reboot n I can't reboot anything with out a boot.img flashed on the phone n I don't have a Rom on it

greg24

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
OK then there must be something wrong with my phone because u said reboot n I can't reboot anything with out a boot.img flashed on the phone n I don't have a Rom on it

Jesus dude. Volume down+home+power puts you in odin mode.

Volume up+home+power puts you in recovery.

DCBamBam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I know that but it's how u are phrasing the directions like volume down isn't odin mode it's DOWNLOAD MODE. Up is RECOVERY MODE. Lol didn't mean for u to get upset cuz I'm the one pissed my phone is like bricked almost

greg24

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I know that but it's how u are phrasing the directions like volume down isn't odin mode it's DOWNLOAD MODE. Up is RECOVERY MODE. Lol didn't mean for u to get upset cuz I'm the one pissed my phone is like bricked almost

Ok dude. I'm sure someone else can help you out. Check xda, I've tried and I don't know how you're messing the MJ5 restore up. And yes download mode is the same as odin mode. Good luck

greg24

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks but now I'm bricked with ur help ....great..

You're right I bricked your phone with a method I've done 4 times. Guess what though. . My phone works just fine and I'm running KK. So I guess I don't know what I'm doing.

greg24

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes but then I'm kind of confused after that with the heimdall

Follow the directions. You have to install those 2 files so heimdall will open.. then you open the drivers folder and follow the directions for that.. then you open the heimdall frontend and follow those directions.

greg24

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Yo man I wanna say thanks tho even though I'm dying over here

You're just getting ahead of yourself. Everything is written out in the directions. Go slow. I know you want your phone to work.. but if you keep messing up you're getting no where. Read them slow and go one step at a time

DCBamBam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have stock rom is there a way I can just go back like back to stock and start over

DCBamBam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Phone is back up and running I now just have to wait about a day or so until I can update to NB4 via ota I'm going to see if I can use Kies first