Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

xmostwanted559x

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
My trade in phone is still in transit to att, I wonder if there's anyway I can't get a copy of that and my receipt together to be eligible. I'm on the later promotion and I misread it

darkstarx

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Its not hilarious when you actually follow all the rules and your denied. I submitted my "receipt" from Sprint which was via email because I purchased my phone thru their telesales. There is no "register receipt". Its extremely clear on the email that the order was completed and paid for via credit card and there is a transaction number and confirmation and tracking number. They are paid to deny and save Samsung $200 bucks wherever they can.
How about, sorry sir, we need to clarify your purchase, before we a prove or disapprove your claim. Nope, all you get is, Your denied, too bad have fun sending us a certified letter with the same exact info so we can deny you again!

Beetlesauce

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
My gut feeling too. I don't know how prizelogic is compensated but there must be an incentive on their part to deny rebates. This thing should not be that complex. Show proof of purchase proof of trade-in, get rebate. Samsung complicated the mess by extending the promotion period and now they are mixing two promotions with different TOCs together. Also, Verizon's Oct 22 date might be in play for those of us that bought thru verizon.

sidthekid28

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Its not hilarious when you actually follow all the rules and your denied. I submitted my "receipt" from Sprint which was via email because I purchased my phone thru their telesales. There is no "register receipt". Its extremely clear on the email that the order was completed and paid for via credit card and there is a transaction number and confirmation and tracking number. They are paid to deny and save Samsung $200 bucks wherever they can.
How about, sorry sir, we need to clarify your purchase, before we a prove or disapprove your claim. Nope, all you get is, Your denied, too bad have fun sending us a certified letter with the same exact info so we can deny you again!

Oh yes, by some of the patronizing comments you've made on this thread, I can see how you're trying to "help" the community. For your information, I completed my trade-in before 10/17... That is all!

i guarantee whoever got denied did not have receipts within the dated timeline OR they did their purchase/trade in ONLINE and hence did not have REGISTER RECEIPTS to submit like they were supposed to.... i told everyone around october 1st to make sure they do their stuff IN STORE because you do not receive REGISTER RECEIPTS when you do things online and i was told i was a moron and "they would have to accept online purchases" lol ... why do you think they put the word"REGISTER" in the TOS????????? for fun????? who is the moron now?????? whether you like it or not, REGISTER RECEIPT is part of the TOS and if you broke any part of the instructions and/or TOS you were going to be denied from the beginning, which you should be. If anyone REALLY, LITERALLY, did not break any instructions and/or TOS and still got denied then honestly that is bull**** and I feel bad for you, but I highly doubt that is the case. Again, I will state, if you pre ordered the note 4 and/or traded in your old device ONLINE and NOT IN STORE, then you broke the TOS because you DO NOT HAVE REGISTER RECEIPTS to submit... I agree, they should have been more clear on this, but since when are companies 110% clear on rebate instructions???????? You have to expect this nowadays and I tried warning people around October 1st, but I was a moron... well... I guess morons get their 200 dollar rebate check and smart people do not....

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
i guarantee whoever got denied did not have receipts within the dated timeline OR they did their purchase/trade in ONLINE and hence did not have REGISTER RECEIPTS to submit like they were supposed to.... i told everyone around october 1st to make sure they do their stuff IN STORE because you do not receive REGISTER RECEIPTS when you do things online and i was told i was a moron and "they would have to accept online purchases" lol ... why do you think they put the word"REGISTER" in the TOS????????? for fun????? who is the moron now?????? whether you like it or not, REGISTER RECEIPT is part of the TOS and if you broke any part of the instructions and/or TOS you were going to be denied from the beginning, which you should be. If anyone REALLY, LITERALLY, did not break any instructions and/or TOS and still got denied then honestly that is bull**** and I feel bad for you, but I highly doubt that is the case. Again, I will state, if you pre ordered the note 4 and/or traded in your old device ONLINE and NOT IN STORE, then you broke the TOS because you DO NOT HAVE REGISTER RECEIPTS to submit... I agree, they should have been more clear on this, but since when are companies 110% clear on rebate instructions???????? You have to expect this nowadays and I tried warning people around October 1st, but I was a moron... well... I guess morons get their 200 dollar rebate check and smart people do not....

Wrong. on the faq pdf it says any store online or physical store offering preorders qualified for this promo. So pre ordering on amazon would qualify per their faq pdf. If they try to deny it because it was online then they are opening themselves up to lawsuits.

Posted via the Android Central App

sidthekid28

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
dude it says register receipt... get a clue... there is no lawsuit lol, if you uploaded a scanned piece of paper you printed on your printer then you broke the TOS, bottom line. it says REGISTER RECEIPT. so unless you own a register printer and ordered online, then have fun with your "lawsuit" LOL ... you would not have a case EVEN if the word "register" was not clearly stated in the TOS.... and with it clearly stating REGISTER RECEIPT, I wish you great luck in paying a lawyer over 1000 bucks in order to just find out for sure that you lost your 200 bucks due to illiteracy.. again... WHY DO YOU THINK THEY TOOK THE TIME TO PUT THE WORD "REGISTER" BEFORE THE WORD "RECEIPT"?????? FOR FUN???? lol people amaze me.

and i love how the people keep thanking the posts going against what i am saying LOL, like you can thank and agree with wrong information all you want... the bottom line is, if i was incorrect, you all would not be in the hole 200 bucks.... god i love how i only paid 100 bucks for this phone... if i paid full price I would be so pissed off right now because of not being able to obtain root and hopes of root look so bad at the moment... i do feel bad for the people that lost money, however i will never believe they lost the money because the company screwed them over. there is a sufficient reason for every claim they deny... as tiny as that reason may be, it is a reason nonetheless and ALL companies operate this way when it comes to 200 dollar rebates that are not in the form of visa gift cards that they get for free from sponsors...

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
It's obvious they add quite a few conditions just to make it more difficult to receive a rebate. IMO

If you did everything just right good for you but no need to criticize anyone else if they did things differently. :)

sidthekid28

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
It's obvious they add quite a few conditions just to make it more difficult to receive a rebate. IMO

If you did everything just right good for you but no need to criticize anyone else if they didn't.

All I was trying to do was educate people on why they got denied my friend.... but when people start coming back at me like I am a moron that has no idea what I am talking about, then I am going to act like I am acting. People today are all like children, It is really sad... you dont get denied FOR NO REASON. bottom line.

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

Why did you feel the need to include my quote in this post! I never said I got denied, I only recently submitted my papers online... The fact you feel the need to attack people the way you just did shows who the TRUE moron here is! This is the last time I will address you on here, I will NOT continue to waste my time going back and forth with you. Your disrespectful condescending posts say it all about u... ;)

theoretically

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My friend was approved for the rebate , with REGISTER receipts. I don't understand why so many people are being denied, as sidthekid stated it's pretty simple

sidthekid28

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
My friend was approved for the rebate , with REGISTER receipts. I don't understand why so many people are being denied, as sidthekid stated it's pretty simple

thank you dude, good to know there is at least 1 other intelligent person out there.... all hope for the world is not lost after all!!! :) glad your friend got approved!

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
What's this about a register receipt? My trade in was through Verizon, no register receipt. My order for the Note 4 was online, no register receipt. My submission was approved. So eat it.

via Note 4 on Verizon Wireless

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Mod note :insulting another member is not allowed. Anyone found violating this or other forum rules will be dealt with accordingly. Please review the community guidelines linked to in my signature.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Mod note :insulting another member is not allowed. Anyone found violating this or other forum rules will be dealt with accordingly. Please review the community guidelines linked to in my signature.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Thanks for stepping in. I realize my "so eat it" wasn't necessary. I was just peeved.

Beetlesauce

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I submitted a register receipt for trade in and also register receipt for pre-order yet still got the rejection email.

This promotion is probably going to get Samsung and Prizelogic a lot of bad publicity in the long run. I'm rarely an early adopter but pre-ordered this phone only because of the $200 pre-order rebate. If they are out to screw a lot of people then it's not good for business.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I submitted a register receipt for trade in and also register receipt for pre-order yet still got the rejection email.

This promotion is probably going to get Samsung and Prizelogic a lot of bad publicity in the long run. I'm rarely an early adopter but pre-ordered this phone only because of the $200 pre-order rebate. If they are out to screw a lot of people then it's not good for business.

Did they say why you were rejected?

Beetlesauce

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Did they say why you were rejected?

Your purchase date wasn't in the timeframe or the date wasn't present in the upload.

As I wrote before, I pre-ordered on 10/10 and trade-in receipt was for 10/21. For verizon so we had till the 10/22. They sent me a TOC link for the promotion for 10/17 thru 10/31 which is the wrong promotion.

july12

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I submitted everything online and on time, still no confirmation email from them. Then when I send them an email this was their response:
Thank you for your interest in the Samsung Galaxy Note® 4 and "Smart Samsung Phone. Brilliant Friends and Family Deal" promotion. Please visit our promotion website for this promotion’s terms, conditions and frequently asked questions. If you have any questions about the Samsung device, please see your local retailer or carrier location.

Due to the overwhelming success of the promotion, mail in submissions are taking up to 3 weeks to be processed. Upon completion of processing is when you will receive your email update with the status of your rebate. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you would like your address verified, please provide the address you would like to check.

Thank you,
PrizeLogic Support

This does not answer my question. I followed all the rules and still no answer from them. I'm going to send them another email see what happens. I spent $800 on Note 4 because of this rebate, if they don't give it to me from now on I will never touch samsung phones. I've ben a loyal samsung customer, but after this if they deny my perfectly correct rebate submission, I will switch to Apple or Lg

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000