Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 4 samsung $200 trade in promotion

What kind of a receipt did they give you at the Verizon store?
I just called my local Verizon store and the morons there have no idea what I'm talking about.

after you go through the process you print a receipt one that should work for samsung it clearly showes the date and the amount of the trade in

jon201415

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

Looks like Samsung extend the promotion after 10/17/2014 through 10/31/14. Does it mean those who preorder needs to go here:

"https://samsunggalaxypromotions.com/Note4/" whereas those who purchase on 10/17/14 and after go here: "https://samsunggalaxypromotions.com/tradein". Do you guys agree?

If I know the promotion is not limited to preorder, I will probably just go to store on 10/17/14 instead of still waiting to come in the mail.

jon201415

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

Looks like they extend the promotion through samsung? So i guess i need submit the information on the preorder one since I preorder instead of the new extended promotion.

Preorder has /note4, the new extended offer is /tradein

Old Guy 59

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site

after you go through the process you print a receipt one that should work for samsung it clearly showes the date and the amount of the trade in
I thought you needed ONE phone that had a value of $10 or more for the Samsung deal? Does your receipt show multiple phones or just one with the total value?

bspill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Went to Verizon Store yesterday and ordered N4. Manager told me I can trade in any smart phone before October 31st and get a $200 credit on my Verizon account. Certainly haven't heard Verizon promoting this.

Posted via Android Central App

Old Guy 59

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Went to Verizon Store yesterday and ordered N4. Manager told me I can trade in any smart phone before October 31st and get a $200 credit on my Verizon account. Certainly haven't heard Verizon promoting this.
Wonder if he is actually referring to the Samsung deal and is confused about the details? Would be great just to deal will Verizon without all the BS with rebates and receipt copies.

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

I thought you needed ONE phone that had a value of $10 or more for the Samsung deal? Does your receipt show multiple phones or just one with the total value?

yeah i traded in one phone trade in amount was 11 bucks

kuroiokami

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I've emailed the editors here but can everyone who has had issues submitted send a tip to the Android Central Editors too? I feel like the only way we're ever going to get any traction on the rebate site actually working is with some press about it.

With the super convoluted system they have now it's almost guaranteed that a large majority of all the submissions online (though who actually got an online submission through? I've only see a handful of post across multiple forums) and through the mail will be rejected.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

I tried to upload my receipts today. Big Fail.

I wondered if I needed to register my phone first with Samsung so I went to do that. Big Fail there too. It asks for the serial number of the device, which I can't find. So I tried the MEID-Hex. That doesn't work. So I tired the HEX/IMEI. Big Fail. I have NO idea what number they want. My previously registered device shows they want the HEX/IMEI but that doesn't work so, FAIL on Samsung's part.

When do we complain to our state's AG office that Samsung's promotion is bogus?

bspill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Wonder if he is actually referring to the Samsung deal and is confused about the details? Would be great just to deal will Verizon without all the BS with rebates and receipt copies.

This was strictly a Verizon deal. I told the manager I was going for the Samsung promotion and he told me that it wasn't necessary since Verizon was offering the same deal with an immediate $200 account credit.

SCXR

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I just tried to enter my information via the web site again just now and it worked! I was going to return it and wait for the Nexus 6 but all is good now. $550 for this phone after rebate is an amazing deal.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Do I need to revert my rooted phone back to stock before I return it to Verizon?

I don't thing you HAVE to, but I would just to be sure. You never know. However I've never read anywhere that Verizon won't recycle or accept a rooted phone. After all rooting your phone is legal, it just voids the warranty if you ever brick it from rooting/roming.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I just tried to enter my information via the web site again just now and it worked! I was going to return it and wait for the Nexus 6 but all is good now. $550 for this phone after rebate is an amazing deal.

I recall someone posted about using internet explorer after it failed to work on Crome. Perhaps using a different browser helps.

Old Guy 59

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
This was strictly a Verizon deal. I told the manager I was going for the Samsung promotion and he told me that it wasn't necessary since Verizon was offering the same deal with an immediate $200 account credit.
I talked to my Verizon Wireless store manager and he said the promotion was for iPhones. Trade in any iPhone and receive a $200 credit towards another iPhone.

bspill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I talked to my Verizon Wireless store manager and he said the promotion was for iPhones. Trade in any iPhone and receive a $200 credit towards another iPhone.

I'll know for sure tomorrow when I get my Note 4 and bring in my Droid RAZR Maxx.