Note 5 vs Note 4 discussion

If they had been released at the same time, would you get a Note 4 or Note 5?

• Total voters

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Also, some guys here are acting like children.

Maybe it's best if you just be happy with what you have, choose what YOU like and don't bash others for not choosing it or having a different usage pattern.

I won't be buying a Note 5, but I'll be seeing if I won one from the giveaway. If I do, then it'll be a work-focused device.

I might have to take a break from the Note 5 subthread until the hate dust settles.

Some concerns are legit, though.

yeah I agree. I always share my honest opinion, whether it's positive or negative, but name calling and judging people their preference of phone is ridiculous ... iPhone fans are fair game though!

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
very solid but I'd give it at least a few weeks before reaching a conclusion. I hope it works out though and for some reason, despite the S6, I think it'll be OK.

that said, this is even more a reason to be upset about the 3000 mAh. I realize I'm being greedy, but if it's truly that efficient, think about how long it would last with a 4000 battery.

Samsung isn't dumb, they're not a hundred billion dollar company for nothing so they obviously know what they're doing, but for my own selfish reasons, I would've loved to see just over the top, killer battery life!

hope you're enjoying it, no doubt it's a gorgeous phone!
Back when they debate was on about it being a 4100 mah or 3000, I honestly told myself if it's 4100 it's a no brainer. If it's 3000 it won't be good enough. Seems that rhetoric optimization stuff is always smoke. Had to try it anyway. And never expected this. I always feel that 20 hours with 5 sot is my minimum comfort zone. Even if it doesn't stay at this pace it'll never have a problem doing that.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Back when they debate was on about it being a 4100 mah or 3000, I honestly told myself if it's 4100 it's a no brainer. If it's 3000 it won't be good enough. Seems that rhetoric optimization stuff is always smoke. Had to try it anyway. And never expected this. I always feel that 20 hours with 5 sot is my minimum comfort zone. Even if it doesn't stay at this pace it'll never have a problem doing that.

I get 4.5-5 hours of SOT on my LG G4.

So the Note 5 getting better battery life with the same capacity battery despite the more powerful chipset and larger screen makes for pretty great battery life. Honestly surprised and I'm impressed.

That said...those 4100mAh rumors made me spoiled about how much better it could be.

Last edited:

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Vastly prefer Note 4 aesthetics. I'd probably go that route, still. That new Exynos is tempting, but my Note 4 has never felt slow.

Posted via the Android Central App

feragola

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Phone Arena just ran a test, 9hrs 11mins for the Note 5 which beats the Note 4 by almost and Hour. The S6 is 9hrs 29mins. Only 1 phone they tested charges faster, the Asus.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Phone Arena just ran a test, 9hrs 11mins for the Note 5 which beats the Note 4 by almost and Hour. The S6 is 9hrs 29mins. Only 1 phone they tested charges faster, the Asus.

I think a better test would be a real-world use test.

Something that some Note 5 users over here have already done and so far, it's shaping up to be actually pretty good.

feragola

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I think a better test would be a real-world use test.

Something that some Note 5 users over here have already done and so far, it's shaping up to be actually pretty good.

It is Real-Life testing, they run a custom script to keep the phone going through the whole test on various tasks.
It is very good regardless. If I can get over 8 hrs on a charge with constant use, I'm more than happy.

This means, it really doesn't need a removable battery.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
It is Real-Life testing, they run a custom script to keep the phone going through the whole test on various tasks.
It is very good regardless. If I can get over 8 hrs on a charge with constant use, I'm more than happy.

This means, it really doesn't need a removable battery.

lol, I meant with actual use. xD

But if it can last long in a lab, it can last long in the real-world...or so they said.

But really, I'm surprised at the Note 5's longevity.

feragola

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
If it's getting 9hrs out of a charge, even on a heavy day, I can figure I will get about 7-8 hrs, that is perfectly acceptable.
One of the other Forums, people are claiming that it will only get 4-5 hrs and they Never plug their phone into a portable charger, for some strange reason. That's why they need to swap.
One guy say's right before he goes to sleep he likes to swap out so that he knows he will have enough battery for his alarm in the morning, PLUG YOU PHONE IN MAN!!

feragola

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
That color probably does look the best, I have to have a case on mine though, it wouldn't last more than a few days, so I just opted for black.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Yep agreed went to best buy and Note 5 and 4 were next to each other. Note 5 looked gorgeous and so nice to hold in hand. Picked up a Note 4 felt and looked like crap.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I think they both look fine, but unless you use the Note 5 without a case, it will look virtually the same with a case on it ;) That said, some folks still think Gorilla class protects against drops. Nope. All it does is distribute the energy more in a spread pattern- thus the spider web cracking that is common on the S6 and the iPhone models that were glass encased- when dropped.

Rocketman88

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
I'll take the note 4 with its SD card and bigger battery, thank you. I always use an Otterbox case, no what the phone inside looks like does not matter very much.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hard choice. I want the camera and finger print in the 5, but I prefer the design of the 4. Yes, I think the fake leather back with metal frame feels more premium than the glass back.

The note 5 is just as ugly as the note 2, imo the note 4 is one of the best looking smart phones ever released.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kitezpro