Note 7 August 2nd Release Date - CNET

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
This is why I'm happy Sprint has the Samsung forever plan. I'll be getting the new Note EVERY YEAR!!!!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App
Sprint may be good on the bigger town's.
But where I live it has poor coverage.
If the carriers would lay off all the crappie advertising, and put up more towers in places that it's needed.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Lol I didn't ask you what you prefer. And believe me, a removable battery/sd card is very important to alot of people. The world does not revolve around you.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

The same can be said for both so let's not take it down that road, shall we? :). The post is asking for ALL our opinions and we are all giving them. We will have to wait and see for the "official" specs.

Techngro

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Those questions are of no importance to many. I prefer the faster internal memory and battery charging with wireless pads make replacing a battery a non-issue.

Having a removable MicroSD card doesn't mean they'll take away your 'faster' internal storage. You'll still have that, but others will have an additional option for storage. And like Flo says "options are how you get rings..."

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
No need to be sedentary as there are fast charge mobile charging pacs, battery containing phone cases, fast charge vehicle chargers, and wireless chargers in more and more retail businesses. Before wireless charging was available for Samsung phones I carried spare batteries, a real nuisance as far as I was concerned. A pocket full of spare parts. And after wireless charging backs were available for Samsung phones I purchased the the backs and spare batteries. But wireless charging and vehicle chargers removed the need to ever use the pocket full of spare batteries. Batteries sealed in the phone allowed for metal and glass phone construction most folks were asking for, no need to have a spare battery or two for each model phone a person uses as well as separate battery chargers for each battery size. From the fact that the Note 5 is the most popular phone in the US beating out all others including iPhones I would suggest that either most of us are "sedentary" or most of us prefer the advantages of a phone with a sealed battery over a phone with a removable back cover to allow batteries to be swapped out.

You're still beholden to fast charging devices, retail stores (I can't ever imagine going into some retail store to charge my sealed back phone, I'll run the thing over before I do that), and planning for charging when you can't swap. No thanks, seems like yet another thing to plan for in my already overloaded day.

The replaceable battery is no big deal, I don't keep a "pocket full of spare batteries" (yes, I know you were just making a point...I hope), in fact I rarely have it on me, just when I know I'm going to be too busy to tether my phone somewhere. It takes seconds to go from 0-100 and you're good to go. I charge the spare and it keeps for weeks, when I'm on the road or working and I know I'm going to be draining my battery I just bring it along, it's not a big deal.

I don't get the pushback on replaceable batteries, a sealed back is just aesthetic, maybe some water sealing benefits (which I could care less about) and space saving but most of these phones live in cases so who cares about glass backs or whatever.

I was out of state this past weekend and my family was battling over chargers and always had their iPhones tethered, I just shook my head. I mentioned I was out of battery and my b-law asked if I had my charger, I just looked at him, popped the back, inserted a new battery and continued my activity...he couldn't believe it. I guess some of the iPhones really suck on battery power.

will308

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Sure, if you're sedentary, I have no desire to drag devices around because of lack of battery power. The replaceable battery in my G4 is a wonderful feature IMO, I wish they had it in the S7 note.

i think you will find that none removable battery will be the norm for most makes ,so you may have to put up with it or go to a phone with a removable battery but crap on specs

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
i think you will find that none removable battery will be the norm for most makes ,so you may have to put up with it or go to a phone with a removable battery but crap on specs

I get that, I don't understand the rational, but I'll have to join the crowd...reluctantly. However, someone got the message, the newest offering from LG sports a replaceable battery, I'd consider that significant. I'm not going to get another LG because I'll be opting for the productivity functionality of the Note, but someone out there is listening for sure. Hopefully the trend is catching.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Must have SD support. Removable battery. IR Blaster and ditch that shiny glass crap. After owning the first 4 Notes, I happily skipped the 5th due to iCrap clone features Samsung tried to push off. A huge step backwards IMO.

pmjj

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Well then I am also one of the few that would prefer a Removable Battery and SD Card.. I just wanted to make sure my vote was counted since there are so few of us...

pmjj

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I have been Considering the LG Models just for that very reason they have the LG V10 I kind of like that phone and it has a removable battery!

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Must have SD support. Removable battery. IR Blaster and ditch that shiny glass crap. After owning the first 4 Notes, I happily skipped the 5th due to iCrap clone features Samsung tried to push off. A huge step backwards IMO.

ROTFLMAO Not at you personally, just the fact that after listening for a number of years about the cheap plastic, battery using IR blaster that no one uses, water issues with a removable back, etc. etc. etc. Samsung listens and produces the phone people insisted they wanted ---- now they want exactly what they complained about. Got to love human nature. LOL

Lance Magillicuddy

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I didn't upgrade from my Note 4 because I use the IR blaster all the time. I like the removable battery option as well. Since I have Marshmallow now, the Note 4 is still reasonable even on somewhat dated hardware. Not sure I have anywhere to go from here. I don't understand the fixation with the glass back. I put all my phones in a case immediately so I really don't care what the back looks like. I must not be the only one since apparently lots of cases are still sold. At some point (and I think we have reached that point), "thin" has become "too thin."

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
ROTFLMAO Not at you personally, just the fact that after listening for a number of years about the cheap plastic, battery using IR blaster that no one uses, water issues with a removable back, etc. etc. etc. Samsung listens and produces the phone people insisted they wanted ---- now they want exactly what they complained about. Got to love human nature. LOL

Agree, I read all the "cheap plastic" concerns too...none from me however, aesthetics don't factor into my evaluation of phones. I don't recall anyone asking to have the replaceable battery eliminated though.

wlonsdale

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Lol I didn't ask you what you prefer. And believe me, a removable battery/sd card is very important to alot of people. The world does not revolve around you.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

I think you'd be surprised how few people care about that. The case being Samsung would continue it if it were important.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Give up on the removable battery, its never going to happen again, the SD card is going to be there though.

Yep!
If they are holding out for a removable battery.
I could just about bet money, they will not come back.

Since the S7E had the Sd card you can bet it will have the SD card.
And I would really like the IR blaster, But I wouldn't hold my breath.

You might as well look at another phone.