Note 7 August 2nd Release Date - CNET

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If they brought back the SD card, then removable batteries wouldn't be out of the question in my opinion. Especially with seeing how that was a big factor for people going with the likes of G4 and V10. With the G5, they proved it's also possible to go with a metal body to boot.

Now if only Samsung would do something about the bad screen colors on their displays... :p

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If they brought back the SD card, then removable batteries wouldn't be out of the question in my opinion. Especially with seeing how that was a big factor for people going with the likes of G4 and V10. With the G5, they proved it's also possible to go with a metal body to boot.

Now if only Samsung would do something about the bad screen colors on their displays... :p

I would say it'll be out of the question since the Note usually mimics the Galaxy lines and this year the SD card is there for the Galaxy devices but not the removable battery.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I can actually live without the removable battery AND the SD Card. Invest in cloud storage and ditch the SD Card. If they do a removable battery then we'll have to deal with the crappy plastic seals for making it water resistant. I'd rather have an enclosed body for better water resistance than a removable battery.

This article says the Note 7 could be unveiled on August 2nd so we're probably looking at a late August release date.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I've never needed water resistance in my phones since they've been invented. I have needed to replace the batteries many times, no question which is more important IMO.

zeroviper89

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
YES!!! Just added the date, plus a countdown to my home screen. Can't wait to pre-order the N7. :) Just a long as I have an SD card slot, we should be good to go!! COme on T-MO!!!!

kelton

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If there will be no removable battery, then AT LEAST offer the water resistance!!!
Those smudgy, fudgy glass phones are gross. Looking forward to the end of the glass fad.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am excited. I will be two months from my Verizon upgrade in August and I am grandfathered for one last early upgrade, but I will give Verizon my final two payments to get this phone in August since we will be going on vacation and I will love to go with a new phone. I don't want to give Verizon my perfectly good Note 4 after making more than $650 in payments.

I am hoping for an all edged version. I am also sure there will be no removable battery, but that seems to be the trend. Happy to hear the SD card slot will be back. Hoping Verizon will offer large capacity internal storage. I need a lot. Also hoping Zagg will have glass for this phone when released.

Hurry up Sammy :)

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I want the water resistance. I get 8n the rain a lot.
So if water resistance is not good for you. I know a heck of a lot of people whom has dropped their phones in water.
Seems when they are doing something important, they think they can hold it in their shoulders.
Got a planatronics ear bud.
And one thing that will separate it from the S7E is 6gb ram memory.
A faster processor. A larger battery.
I hear 4200 ah.
Better camera.
Don't thing they are gonna give you everything.
Just enough to keep you to wanting.

Hope Samsung can hang this fall , with some new updates.
I don't like Apple phones oh.

But Apples stocks ain't done well.
So look for Apple to release some new phones and tablets.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Call Samsung and tell them. See if they will tell you anything.
They don't care.

I would just about bet they will not return to removable batteries again.
That is what they told me.
And this is Korea.

And plan on holding on the phone.+1 800-726-7864

LiveFaith

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Synycalwon, you OBVIOUSLY get it!

Yes, its all about freedom from being tethered and maybe most of all freedom from concerns over whether I'll have enough juice now, or in the next several hours. There is no way that BEH has actually used a replaceable battery and swapped during his daily usage. Quotes like "pocket full of parts" and "pockets full of extra batterieS" tell me the guy is like most among the masses. They are so accustomed to the daily "slave to tethering" life, that the idea of freedom is foreign. Heck, the vest majority of S/Note users over the years never took advantage of battery swapping while they had the chance. An extra charger or chargers, and an extra cell or more is revolutionary in the daily usage of a smartphone. For heavy users that is.

I'm almost like you, but not quite. I nearly went to the Note 4 from the 3, but tried the 5 instead. Like everything about the 5 better except sealed battery, stupid glass back(mine's broken already), and loss of SD. The SD aint the end of the world, even though it's a downgrade. But going back to the charging cord / tether has made me function differently each day. I have to regularly worry about if I have enough power for the next event, and plan on a car or wall charger if not enough. Battery swapping is light years better. I almost said No to the 5 and the Note altogether for something with a replaceable cell. But the shiny new and stylus wooed me.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Synycalwon, you OBVIOUSLY get it!

Yes, its all about freedom from being tethered and maybe most of all freedom from concerns over whether I'll have enough juice now, or in the next several hours. There is no way that BEH has actually used a replaceable battery and swapped during his daily usage. Quotes like "pocket full of parts" and "pockets full of extra batterieS" tell me the guy is like most among the masses. They are so accustomed to the daily "slave to tethering" life, that the idea of freedom is foreign. Heck, the vest majority of S/Note users over the years never took advantage of battery swapping while they had the chance. An extra charger or chargers, and an extra cell or more is revolutionary in the daily usage of a smartphone. For heavy users that is.

Or he just has different needs like most people do? I would say let's go with that :).

I am a heavy user and while yes... I did like the removable battery... I can live with being plugged into a battery pack. Usually I am not running around constantly where that would be an issue. I am able to use QC and get enough juice off the pack, car, wherever to the point where I have never had an issue of worrying about battery life while I did my daily tasks / leisure in life.

That is not me saying that I don't see the benefit for some .. but just pointing out there are two sides to everything.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I think the crowd that wants a removable battery is considerably smaller than the crowd that wants a water-resistant and premium built device. Samsung is going to cater to the larger crowd obviously.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I like the water resistance is great. However, I don't think it is necessary in the rain. Think about it. If all of your ports are on the bottom ie headphone jack, charging port and speakers than the rain won't get into the device. Now if you are in some monsoon or hurricane I would certainly understand.

msherman123

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
How is it going to be a August 2nd release if they are announcing it on that day? That would leave no room for pre orders!

I'd anticipate a later, maybe August 15th as previously noted, release date.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
ROTFLMAO Not at you personally, just the fact that after listening for a number of years about the cheap plastic, battery using IR blaster that no one uses, water issues with a removable back, etc. etc. etc. Samsung listens and produces the phone people insisted they wanted ---- now they want exactly what they complained about. Got to love human nature. LOL

I'm not sure it was the users demanding a glass or metal back so much as the reviewers, who somehow decided that they just had to complain about plastic being "cheap." I think it was a case of getting on the bandwagon; after a few reviewers complained about cheap plastic, nearly all of them decided that they had to, too. I loved the feel of my Note 4 - the textured back and the edges around the sides made it very easy to hold onto, much better IMO than the Note 5. I also prefer being able to peel that back off and change batteries, though I'm now living without that. Not having a micro SD card slot is a deal-breaker, though.