Nougat andriod system drain

Flipout789

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
Can someone tell me if this is the correct battery life i should be getting with the s7 edge, ive barely used the phone all day with 1h of on screen time and i lost 40% im using apps like package disablet to disable all of verizons bull**** but its still has a bat battery any help appreaciated!Screenshot_20170313-001245.jpgScreenshot_20170313-001314.jpgScreenshot_20170313-002455.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Nougat forum to the S7 edge forum, since battery life questions are better served in the subforum for the device, not for the OS version.

To better evaluate your battery life, it would help to see more stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

Install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I would recommend not to use the packet disabler, it has no effect from my experience. It gets worse actually. Nougat is very aggressively optimizing apps by itself, I had to manually remove the email program from optimization to get the emails when the phone was idle. The idle battery life is good without using optimization programs, just play with the existing one and optimize programs which could draw battery when you do not use the phone. It will do that automatically if you do not disable optimization for some programs.

Flipout789

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
I would recommend not to use the packet disabler, it has no effect from my experience. It gets worse actually. Nougat is very aggressively optimizing apps by itself, I had to manually remove the email program from optimization to get the emails when the phone was idle. The idle battery life is good without using optimization programs, just play with the existing one and optimize programs which could draw battery when you do not use the phone. It will do that automatically if you do not disable optimization for some programs.
Okay but thing is when i dont use it i have all the verizon stuff running in the background wont that hurt it a little?
Thing is i came from having a iphone 6 and i feel like im getting worse battery life than a iphone from 2014. Shouldn't I?

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Okay but thing is when i dont use it i have all the verizon stuff running in the background wont that hurt it a little?
Thing is i came from having a iphone 6 and i feel like im getting worse battery life than a iphone from 2014. Shouldn't I?
You can disable or delete all of the Verizon bloatware accept for Voicemail with the built-in application manager in settings.

In settings go to Applications and then select the app you do not want. From there you can uninstall the app, if uninstall is not available you can disable it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny