Odd problem with Power Switch button

Marco Arrichiello

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Hello. I took my Samsung A5 2016 to a Samsung Center, due to some screen problems. They said that can't be repaired for free, because the motherboard is oxydized.
So, I just decided to vbring it back and continue to use until it dies. But now the phone has also another problem: the Power Switch button doesn't work anymore to unlock/lock screen and switch off the phone. It only works with other buttons in combo, like Power + Vol Down to reset the phone.
I said it to Samsung guys, and they said "it's just oxydation progress".
Is there any way to switch off without power button or fix this problem?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Not on a phone with a non-removable battery.

2. Have you been keeping the phone in very humid conditions? (Like the bathroom when you take a shower?) That kind of thing is the only reason I can think of for oxidation. Any other cause should be covered under any warranty of merchantability in effect there you are. (Say, if it's normally more humid where you live than the phone can handle, it can't be sold in that area. The item must be usable for the purpose for which it's sold and in the place in which it's sold. Cars sold in Northern Alaska have to be able to start and run in sub-zero weather.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej