[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

fleej76

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
When I rooted my phone I was on EE4 and flashed the original AB to gain root, then flashed Alpha 5 when it came out. My buddy wants to root his, does he need to flash the original version 4 then 5 or can we just flash version Alpha 5? TIA!
he can go straight to AB5...at least I did last night. Just be sure he wipes the user data first. I forgot the first time and everything was jacked up. Works great now

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com
he can go straight to AB5...at least I did last night. Just be sure he wipes the user data first. I forgot the first time and everything was jacked up. Works great now

The Altered Beast Alpha 5 pack doesnt root the phone for you correct? it is just the update so would need to root and flash recovery anyway

Last edited:

fleej76

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Correct...It DOES NOT root it, it is only a really great rom. I was on the gummy rom and went straight to the AB5 without flashing any of the other releases first.

Reactions: jkeene81

fleej76

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having signal quality issues? I show great coverage but the voice quality I hear is in-an-out. This happens in places with perfectly good/great coverage before the flash...

ryan_charge

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes when I make or receive a call the person on the other phone cannot here me. If I hang up and replace the call everything works fine. Anyone know what may be causing this? Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

girlymissjulie

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes when I make or receive a call the person on the other phone cannot here me. If I hang up and replace the call everything works fine. Anyone know what may be causing this? Thanks.

I remember having the same problem when I was on AB and my husband, who is still running it, still has that issue - just about an hour ago when he called me I couldn't hear him and we had to hang up and try again. I haven't experienced the problem since moving to Gummy Charged GBE, so it must be an EE4 thing.

ryan_charge

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I remember having the same problem when I was on AB and my husband, who is still running it, still has that issue - just about an hour ago when he called me I couldn't hear him and we had to hang up and try again. I haven't experienced the problem since moving to Gummy Charged GBE, so it must be an EE4 thing.

How is gummy? Why did you switch? What's the big differences?

Tueyjr

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's just me but I had a ton of random fc issues on ab. I reflashed a number of times trying to resolve...even dl'd the file again. I like the look of the rom, but I need some stability.

I flashed gummy charged and have found it to be incredibly fast and reliable. I haven't tried the gb version yet. I think all of these guys are amazing and appreciate them making my droid life more fun.

For the record, my quadrant scores went above 1650 with both roms. Amazing.

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
How is gummy? Why did you switch? What's the big differences?

I love gummy. Pretty much gets rid of all the crap from samsung kind of keeps the stock look and feel but a much better way. If that makes sense. Kejar seems to be updating it much more regularly. I like it once they get some of the GB kinks worked out figure I'll migrate over to his GB ROM shortly.

RS

ryan_charge

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I did flash from an to gc. Its OK. Ab seemed to be slicker looking. However I am having a force close issue with the email app on gummy and I do not have the toolbox. Is that normal?

fleej76

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I did flash from an to gc. Its OK. Ab seemed to be slicker looking. However I am having a force close issue with the email app on gummy and I do not have the toolbox. Is that normal?

I was having that issue as well, but it was because I did not wipe my data before flash. I wiped then flashed it again and it was fixed

fleej76

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I just went back to Gummy and the signal/call issues are fixed. I am on Gummy but use the GummyBeast theme so it looks like AB

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej