Official I got the OTA DL09 update discussion. See Post #2 for problems/solutions!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Verizon has posted an official announcement, regarding the MR2/DL09 update, on their support page; which means an OTA push is imminent.

This thread is only for posts from those who have received the OTA update:

• When you got it
  • How it went
  • First thoughts/impressions
  • Issues
  • Q&A once you have the update
In the meantime, while you're waiting for the OTA, you can head over here to discuss further.

If you can't wait for the OTA, head on over to here, where AC Adviser Adrynalyne has posted the update for flashing from a PC.

What's in the update?

Enhancements:

Updated versions of preloaded applications, including V CAST videos, City ID, VZ Navigator, and Amazon Kindle.

Improvements:

• Ability to change the reminder time and alert tone for calendar events.
  • Improved the update consistency of the feed and widgets.
  • Music now pauses if you unplug your wired headset or turn off your Bluetooth headset.
  • Improved stand-alone GPS performance.
  • Increased security by hiding your 3G Mobile Hotspot password while typing.
  • Ability to open any PDF attachments sent in an email.
  • Ability to use special characters in corporate email passwords.
  • Enhanced backlight display for the bottom four buttons on the device to now follow the device display timer setting.
  • Widgets now refresh based on the defined refresh time interval.
  • If already in a locked state, the device will now remain locked when placed in the desk dock or car dock.

Q&A:

Q. Is this Froyo?
A. No.

Q. When will we get Froyo?
A. That's a great question. Keep an eye on this page for the latest.

Q. When will we get Gingerbread?
A. It's not looking good. Keep an eye on this page for the latest.

Q. Does this fix the GPS lock times? Yes!
A. Many of us have been testing this release, for quite some time, with excellent results.

Q. I'm rooted, can I update?
A. Yes

Q. I'm rooted and I have one or more of the following: a custom ROM, kernel, lag fix, or missing bloatware. What to do?
A. Either go back to stock DI01, or skip the OTA and head over to here, where AC Adviser Adrynalyne has posted the update you can flash from a PC.

Q. Are task killers bad?
A. Yes they are (sorry I couldn't resist). If not used properly, all sorts of undesirable side affects can occur. Read this for more info.

Q. My phone runs weird after the update. Help!
A. First do a factory reset to rid yourself of any lingering daemons. Reinstall your apps, and if you are still having issues, please post all apps you are using, a full description of the problem, and any other info you can think of, so we can better assist you further.

Q. Can DL09 be rooted?
A. Yes it can. I have personally used the rage.bin method in the ROM's and Hack's MAC rooting sticky.

Q. Who can I PM for personal assistance?
A. Nobody. That's what the forums are for.

Q. Who has the best Android podcast?
A. Android Central of course ;)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Problem: OTA update fails with IP_PREVIOUS_UPDATE_FAILED error.
Solution: Manually flash DI01package3.tar using Odin v1.3. In order to use Odin, you must have the Samsung Drivers installed. Full procedure here.

Problem: I want to do the above procedure, but I have a Mac.
Solution: None. You must have a PC to run Odin.

Problem: After flashing the update, Google Nav is stuck on "Checking Navigation Availability".
Solution: Exit Google Nav then open Google Maps. Use Google Maps to get directions and then initiate Nav from there. Once you've done this once, you can then use Google Nav from that point forward.

Problem: Google Nav volume is low.
Solution: None. This issue has existed since day 1 :(

Problem: When clicking on YouTube video in web browser you are prompted to select which application to open it in. If you choose YouTube the YouTube app displays "this video is not available on mobile".
Workaround: Use the YouTube app to search and playback video.

Problem: Unable to mount SD card on a Mac.
Solution: None. Discussion here.

Problem: Unable to mount SD card on a PC.
Workaround: Explanation & pointers to fix available here.

Problem: Having trouble rooting using DI01 methods.
Solution: Here.

Problem: I want CWR.
Solution: Here.

Problem: Plugging headphones into the 3.5mm jack, automatically launches media player.
Solution: None (is the a feature or a bug?).

Problem: I have an issue or need to resolve a problem because I can't figure it out.
Solution: Post in the forums. Do not PM a Mod or Admin for personal assistance. Unfortunately we do not have time to respond, and that's what the forums are for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Please people only post in this thread if you got the OTA update or have something for me to add to the FAQ. There's another sticky you can use as a waiting lounge. We don't want to clutter up this thread with other stuff. This is for your benefit ;)

Whitechoclax

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Just checked at 11 PM on the 12th, software found and took around 10 mins to complete the whole process. Reboot took awhile though. Major new changes are that the buttons FINALLY stay lit for the duration of the screen , and best of all, the GPS does work, provided its standalone. I'm getting accurate locks up to 6m w/o wifi on within 30 secs or so. GPS settings still need tweaking, i suggest you turn off google locations and the vzw location services as well.

lonewolf511

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I did a manual check about 2am, and it was finally there. Only took a few mins to download. After reboot a screen pops up that tells you its unpacking files.
Itll blank out again after that then itll reboot again on its own. Mine was stuck on the bootup screen for about 3-4 mins with the verizon logo staring at me the whole time like it was stuck. Long enough to make me nervous. Eventually it booted up and all is good!.
I did a quick check with google maps to check the gps out. It used to say I was half a mile away from my house for about 5 mins then get a little closer within a house or two. This time it showed me with 10 feet of where I really was within a matter of seconds. So initial thought, gps is fixed but need to play with it more.

FNDomination

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Got the update. My phone has a little white icon at the top of the icon bar that looks like a diamond with a cross in the middle with some sound waves coming out of the right side. What the hell is that???

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Gps ,waves means its on
Got the update. My phone has a little white icon at the top of the icon bar that looks like a diamond with a cross in the middle with some sound waves coming out of the right side. What the hell is that???

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Zkippy

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh no...Here we go again. I returned my first Fascinate due to the IP_PREVIOUS_UPDATE_FAILED error. I was never able to update it to DI01, and it was exchanged with the understanding there was a batch of Fascinates that were unable to update. When I got my current phone, DI01 installed flawlessly. I am now rooted, but have all bloatware re-enabled, and guess what? IP_PREVIOUS_UPDATE_FAILED has reared it's ugly head again, and I'm back where I was with my first phone pre-DI01.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia