[Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 72

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Rumor] July 11th Update

What happened last time?

A rumored update that was never officially announced didn't roll out on the rumored date?

Oh.

Except it's been officially mentioned by Sprint and the only thing that's rumored is the date this time around.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site

Yes, that's why it's a rumor. The only thing Sprint representatives on the Sprint forums confirmed is that the update exists, it got delayed, and it's going to actually release at a later date.

I'm not sure why people think it'll be tomorrow, really. That just seems to be desperation talking rather than using actual facts about previous Sprint updates or anything.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

Sprint never publicly put a date out there.

Yes they did. The document was from Sprint internal systems. Then Sprint came out and confirmed that was the date, but was delayed for unknown reasons. Do the research.. I did a column on the update and did extensive research with my sources. What some of you don't seem to understand is that these updates are usually never spoken to the public or announced with confirmed dates. The way we all find out about them is leaks. Look back into history on these incremental updates across all Android devices, and tell me which ones had confirmed dates from Sprint when they were coming. When I mean confirmed.. I mean CONFIRMED!

The new documents within their systems confirm a 18th release for both the Nexus S and Replenish devices.

Reactions: chud

m3grady2

May 8, 2011
Visit site

Yes they did. The document was from Sprint internal systems. Then Sprint came out and confirmed that was the date, but was delayed for unknown reasons. Do the research.. I did a column on the update and did extensive research with my sources. What some of you don't seem to understand is that these updates are usually never spoken to the public or announced with confirmed dates. The way we all find out about them is leaks. Look back into history on these incremental updates across all Android devices, and tell me which ones had confirmed dates from Sprint when they were coming. When I mean confirmed.. I mean CONFIRMED!

The new documents within their systems confirm a 18th release for both the Nexus S and Replenish devices.

well i hope your right and this pans out just for everyone's sanity

trickyhero

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

getting this phone tomorrow to replace my Pre. Seems to be the same day as the fix update is coming out. How convientient.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site

getting this phone tomorrow to replace my Pre. Seems to be the same day as the fix update is coming out. How convientient.

There's no guarantee that you WILL have the update tomorrow. If the first rumor is to be believed, then only 5% of Nexus S 4G owners will see an update, then 10% then so on until everyone has it.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

You typed all that out only to support what I said.

Thank you.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

I'm sorry but where did u see leaked internal documents that say the 18th for the nexus

MasterShultz

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

Really hoping this pans out and soon. My T-mobile contract is up this week and I'm looking forward to upgrading from my aged G1.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

Lets hope we get it this time though I am not going back to stock unless this update actually exists this time.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site

Sources or not, there is no official date of July 18th.

To repeat, the ONLY thing that is official is that the update exists and that it's coming. Yes, it was going to come out on July 11th, but it didn't. No one knows why and no one will tell you why if they want to continue working for Sprint or Google.

Those who have had problems on their Nexus S 4G and have still kept the phone have been waiting since May 8th, you can't tell me that a possible two week wait will hurt you. You've already waited two months.