[Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 72

wstevens

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Official Rumor] July 11th, now July 25th Update

It says the update will be rolled out over three weeks. Does that seem like a long window to anyone else? The rumored picture said 4 days.

From what I understand, one should be able to dial *#*#CHECKIN#*#* from the dialer to force a check for an update. I would think this could be used to perform a manual update on Monday.

derwin

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

this rumor thread reminds me of the pages upon pages of desperate wishful thinking that I used to scroll through every day in various webos forums, except here, we actually get the updates at some point :p still glad I switched

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

It says the update will be rolled out over three weeks. Does that seem like a long window to anyone else? The rumored picture said 4 days.
Three weeks or available to everyone on the 25th. Whichever.

Thrasherx2k1

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

So will it fix the not being able to text over 160 characters issue??? It better when it says in the freaking manual that it already can!

drummer7

May 16, 2010
Visit site

yeah what's the deal with that? The notification light i miss from my evo a little, but not being able to text more than 160 characters is so annoying

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Not even out yet and more complaints are already piling on.

I love people.

Thrasherx2k1

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Not even out yet and more complaints are already piling on.

I love people.
I think we have a right to complain when the product doesn't work as advertised? Evo 3D had that lock screen issue and was fixed in a couple days. Here we are 2 1/2 months in with no fix on such a obvious flaw...

Thrasherx2k1

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

yeah what's the deal with that? The notification light i miss from my evo a little, but not being able to text more than 160 characters is so annoying
Make sure you download the NOLED app for your Nexus. It is so much nicer than a blinking green light...

redtooth

May 7, 2011
Visit site

when it comes to fixing issues this phone has been on par with other Samsung devices. HTC is much faster at fixing "issues " with there phones. I am sure we will get Android operating system updates first but regular old system issues just dont happen real quick with this phone. when the evo 4g first came out it had signal issues too but an update was released in less than 30 days to fix the problem. it took 2 and a half months for this and it doesn't sound like the 3g issue is even addressed . I'm happy this is going to finally happen but it seems like more issues could have been addressed in this amount of time. I really like this phone but I am not impressed with Googles "quick updates ". So far the Google’s updated prowess is pretty much on par with Palm. Sprinkle out a few small upgrades and let people pound sand till we feel like doing more. Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

I think we have a right to complain when the product doesn't work as advertised? Evo 3D had that lock screen issue and was fixed in a couple days. Here we are 2 1/2 months in with no fix on such a obvious flaw...
Except that it's not broken. You can thank Verizon for that one.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

So will it fix the not being able to text over 160 characters issue??? It better when it says in the freaking manual that it already can!

You can text over 160 characters on the phone now, granted you'll have to use a 3rd party SMS client like Handcent or GoSMS. The issue isn't you cant from the phone, it's that the built-in SMS app won't automatically split messages as is needed on Sprint's implementation of CDMA.