One of the happiest stories ever!!

kxs783kms

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Just wanted to share my happy ending story.

So I went into the Verizon store to transfer an upgrade from one of my lines to my main line, so I could take advantage of my unlimited data for the next 2 years at least. (Check) This was Wednesday, the last day before the Share Everything Plans went into effect. The entire time I was adding up the figures..($200 in store price for 32GB model - $50 discount price + $30 upgrade fee), so I was looking to pay at least $180, not including any possible accessories I wanted to get. (Cool, no problem.) So I walk up to the counter and tell the guy what I was trying to do, he said "no problem I can get you taken care of." Ask me for my number, pulls up my account and a smile comes across his face. He said, "I have something even better for you." (I then had a smile on my face.) I said, "you do?" He said, "yeah." "Since you have a 3G phone (Droid X I bought off of Craigslist, which now has 3 black spots on the screen btw), you have a special promotion to upgrade to any 4G smartphone with an instant $100 dollars off." (I'm as happy as a fat kid eating cupcakes now!!) I asked him how long I had that available and he said it come have just become available within the last week or so. So I said cool, I can use the upgrade on my wife's line and lock her in to unlimited data for the next 2 years also, even though she barely use 1 GB a month, plus she wanted an iphone 4...meeehh!! (What's wrong with her? :'() So he then ask me what phone I was looking at, I said "the Galaxy Nexus." He said "you don't want to wait for the SG3?" I said "nope, I don't like the home button." He went to the back, came out with the Nexus and come to find out, it's $150 in-store. (Woooooohoooo!!) 50 bucks for a 32 GB Galaxy Nexus!!! Plus, with my corporate discount, I gained an extra 19% off of accessories. So I walked out the store with a 32 GB Galaxy Nexus...Incipio Double Cover case...screen protectors...and an extended battery (which was already half off) for a grand total of $146.74 with the $30 upgrade fee included. (Plus we have Unlimited Data for 2 more years!!) Then to put a cherry on top of it, I got home, rooted it and installed the Jelly Bean rom that became available that very next night/morning. And it has been running flawless every since then with no problems. Plus, I'm on vacation for a week and a half. I don't think things could have lined up any more perfectly than that. Thanks for hearing my story!! Anybody else have any happy ending stories? Feel free to share!

P.S....I did go back later that night and upgraded my wife's phone to the iphone 4, but I didn't get it at the discount price. Didn't want to ruin my story with that piece of info..lol!!

Last edited:
Reactions: xFORTRESSx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
no3rdseat