Oneplus 8pro or Pixel 5 or wait for another?

Angelh23

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I have had OnePlus phones in the past and currently have the 7pro. I've been thinking about getting the 8pro or the Pixel 5. But I'm not 100%sure about either one. Not really keen on the 8t so that's not really an option. Anyone have experience with either or both? What would be the main difference? Or should I just wait for maybe a 9 instead? Thoughts please.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have the 1+7P great phone, I'm getting pixel 5 on 4th so I'll see how good it is , any issues with 1+7P ?

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I had the 8 pro and the 8 Pro screen is flawed. I had burn in mine after just a few days but mostly the black crush issue is real and the only solution they had was to raise the minimum brightness. For this reason I just could not consider buying one again.

I have the Pixel 5 now too, it is terrific the camera is excellent and I really like the FPS on the back. My only criticism is that 128gb is only borderline enough storage and it does feel a little unremarkable.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Thats great , didn't know you ordered the pix 5 .
Oh yeah I'm sorry mustang dude. Someone else on the forums had mission at Verizon is currently having a promotion for 350 bucks off the pixel 5. called up Verizon last week, and it's true. So I ordered a sage green pixel 5. Will trade in my Pixel 3 XL December 2nd. It's when The new phone ships to me. I am excited. Bigger battery, double the amount of RAM, widening a lens, reverse wireless charging, 90 hertz refresh rate. I'm most excited about the battery life I told you, within the past 6 7 months, my Pixel 3 XL 3420 mAh battery has degraded quite a bit unfortunately.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oh yeah I'm sorry mustang dude. Someone else on the forums had mission at Verizon is currently having a promotion for 350 bucks off the pixel 5. called up Verizon last week, and it's true. So I ordered a sage green pixel 5. Will trade in my Pixel 3 XL December 2nd. It's when The new phone ships to me. I am excited. Bigger battery, double the amount of RAM, widening a lens, reverse wireless charging, 90 hertz refresh rate. I'm most excited about the battery life I told you, within the past 6 7 months, my Pixel 3 XL 3420 mAh battery has degraded quite a bit unfortunately.
Sweet , congrats!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Sweet , congrats!
Haha, yeah thanks mustang dude! I appreciate it! Obviously you know me well enough by now super excited and happy! 4, 080 mAh battery and slightly better specs overall is all I need. I'll have to update everyone as to how I like it just like everyone else is doing! In all honesty though, my Pixel 3 XL just like everyone else's pixels is ticking along just fine.