OS Services update used data

MrDJ007

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
question for the experts please.

had my 3T since christmas and loving it.
never had a issue before with updates as always done when plugged in over wifi.
my data reset and bill date is the 24th of each month.
today i check phone this morning and my data usage app has warning ive used 877mb while ive been asleep.
the phone had not been used since 11pm the night before and only had about 65mb used in the previous 2 days.
checking in the apps setting its showing OS Services had used 877mb of vodafone data and only 2mb over wifi.

when i plug phone in to charge i always check it has a home wifi connection so as not to use my data.

any idea why this could of loaded using my data as i only have 2gb a month and have never used more than 1.2gb in the whole month before.
the phone is never plugged in overnight so should the update not have waited until it was plugged in.

thanks in advance
Jim

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what happened, however if you open the Play Store app on your phone, tap the hamburger menu at top left and then Settings, the very first entry should be "Auto-update apps". Tap that one and make sure it is set to "Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only".

MrDJ007

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi mate and thanks for the reply.
sadly its been set to auto update over wifi only since i got the phone but just double checked and yup, its already on that setting. thats why i found it very strange this morning.
not used the phone since i posted first message above and its now showing 929mb data while the wifi usage hasnt changed but the phone is on wifi all the time im home.
time for a re boot me thinks as something has gone wrong.
might have to turn data off for now to see if it uses the wifi instead.
thanks once again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere