Phone not charging issue

PittDucky

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
My Google charger still works 100% fine. I know some of the responses will be to buy another one of those, but I'm curious if anyone has had this problem.

I bought the little adapters to convert MicroUSB chargers into USB-C for the 6P. I usually use the charger with the adapter at night to bring my phone to a full charge. I've been noticing the past few nights that no matter what percentage my phone is when I go to bed, it's always around 75% when I wake up. Usually a little lower. The phone seems to charge to 75 and then stop. And then it'll drop a few percent by sitting there for a couple hours. Does anyone have an idea what this could be?

I haven't tried it with putting my phone on that charger at a really low percentage so I'm not positive if it always makes it's way to 75. Also, last night I put it on a 98%. The phone was charging when I left it. When I woke up, I was around 95% and it stopped charging soon after I went to bed.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Did you buy a reputable brand adapter? I know that lots of people have been having problems with third party cables and adapters.

PittDucky

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
No, it was a cheap one I got on Amazon. The 75% thing just seems odd to me though, and I wanted to see if anyone has had a similar problem.

I know the easy fix is just to buy an official charger, but I'd rather not since it doesn't appear phones will be on USB-C as soon as some on here have said.

Repr1sal

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed odd charging performance with my Platinum (best buy) brand usb-usb C cables. The adapters are all QC 2 and charged my Moto Pure crazy fast...not so much with my 6p. Also noticed it stops charging at weird times kinda like yours. Sticking with dedicated usb-c chatgers from here on out.

Nexus 6P via the Android Central App

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I use the Tronsmart quickcharge 2.0 along with an Anker adapter for USB-C compatibility.... Seems to work fine. Doesn't charge nearly as fast as my MXPure did but I've never seen *anything* juice up like that device could.

Nexus 6P

Last edited:

PittDucky

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I guess it's just some weird thing with the charger unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestions on other chargers, but I'll probably just stick with this for now. 75% is fine for me. I have a desk job and my Google charger is there. I get up to 100% before 9:30am.