Please help-Looking for a way to give a headache back to Verizon

joe52

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I'll try to keep this brief. In December I started making payments by a new card. In April I dealt with Verizon's customer service and my bank for about 13 hours. Verizon claims that my bank is declining the authorization because of a zip code issue, however I had a branch manager pull up all the requests for payment, each time a request for authorization of payment was made, each request for payment was approved. The only request received was for payment, nothing reqarding zip code was received by the bank, which tells me Verizon isn't depending on bank records. I was told by Verizon's financial services, to verify all address information and if there was no error to call back and that they would place a note in my file which would cause an investigation to be made with a call back by their investigation team to me, I did this and 2 hrs later I called back and spoke with financial services and then transferred to customer services. Each time I gave the name of the person I originally spoke with in financial services, and on both times the same response, they did not make any notes to this in my file and was told Verizon doesn't do this. Also a customer service manager tried to make a payment with the same system the Verizon stores use, but it was declined also.

Right now I feel like Verizon isn't giving me a kiss first. When I get shafted, I want to be kissed first. The question is what can I do to inconvenience or cause Verizon to spend money when I make a payment. I thought of using a international postal money order which would force Verizon to have to send someone to a post office to cash it. Use a casher's check with payment specified in US dollars issued by a foreign bank, so that when Verizon cashes it, they would be hit by a foreign transaction fee by their bank. If anyone knows of any other method please tell me. All I want to do is pay my monthly bill, but the nearest Verizon store is 35 miles away from me and I have a degenerative bone and joint disease which means traveling is painful.

joe52

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
What I'm interested in is how to give Verizon a headache (time or expense) to process my payment, after they accept it. It's not ethical and right that a company can engage in conduct like this and expect their customers to accept it. I'm locked into a 2 yr contract and phone purchase. If their customer service had done what they're supposed to do and place me in contact with their department that does payment processing it would be completely different, but they chose to misrepresent, not help, and caused a headache and a very bad taste.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If your credit card thing was fixed, then you can pay the bill with a credit card 1 cent at a time. Verizon would be hit with a processing fee for each transaction.

joe52

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I like that, it reminds me of a revenge tactic having a bunch of 1 cent deposits into someone's (either an individual or a business) bank account to either get their account closed or hit with a huge service fee. The sad thing is that this could have been avoided if customer service had the sense to get me in touch with the department providing merchant gateway services for Verizon, considering that this was outside the scope of what they had been trained or had experience in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej