Question of Marshmallow for the LG G Flex 2

Brent Church

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
As far as I can tell many sites have confirmed Marshmallow will be coming to the Flex 2. If so, is there a particular place that really tracks this other than Android Central? I'm a new Android user and after coming from Windows Phone the app selection is quite insane.

Really looking forward to the Doze feature and just being up to date in general.

Thanks

Kranky

Update: Called LG directly and they of course did not have any information regarding the update. Since the G3 update was announced I have a bit more faith they are getting to the older devices and non-flagship.

Last edited:

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Ask LG :) Keep the pressure high, there are a lot of ppl out there Flexing since it's a very affordable flagship :p

I asked LG Europe / Germany and they answered that they didn't knew yet.

via LG Flex2 with BlackBerry VKB

ben55124

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Would flashing to 5.1.1 PR make my phone more or less likely to get MM?

I understand PR goes direct to LG for updates - but not sure if LG also likes to detect a Puerto Rico location to go along with that.

Brent Church

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
My guess it that it would not geolocate you, but... would it know if you were not on a PR network? It may not care that the Wifi you connect to for an update is not in PR. What we need though is someone, anywhere, to get an update, than at least you know it's in the work for other carriers.

Brent Church

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Well, I've not heard a great deal more about marshmallow for the Flex 2, but other LG releases are coming, along with other vendors, so I think if it is to happen it will be somewhat soon.

Posted via the Android Central App

BB_Bmore

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I can't see lg abandon a flagship device less than a year old. It'll get mm.

Posted via a still buttery smooth nexus 7 2013 .

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Very sad if such a nice phone doesn't get MM

There is still no better formfactor on the market. And it's very strong, dropped it so many times :)

Posted via Android Central App

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I think if MM is rolling out the Flex 2 is selling out quickly.

I think I pick up a second one for 229€ just in case.
Even when it doesn't get MM, it's very fast on Lollipop powered by it's SD810.

Brent Church

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Got an update from AT&T this morning, but still 5.1.1, but perhaps a prep. First time I've seen an update from them for this phone. Maybe close.

Posted via the Android Central App

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Wow bring it on LG, roll it out :)

Android MM powered by the SD810 and the best formfactor for below 250$

Brent Church

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Well, no new news really, thought AT&T just updated the LG G3, so some updates are moving along.I can't get a feel for how close they may be, if at all.

I really don't get the lack of information about these updates from either the carriers or LG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty