Questions for those with a N7 an a Note 2.

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the market for a new phone since my nexus broke.

I was wondering, does it even make sense to get such of a large device like the Note2?

Do you catch your self using your N7 much less since you got your Note2? Is the gap too close?

How is the app optimization?

Can you use the S-Pen for the N7?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

skyrockett

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I dont own Note 2 but it looks pretty cool.. I would definitely give it a try. Dont like the idea of being tied up to a carrier so i won't get one. I dont think it would make you use note 2 more than Nexus. It depends on what you doing.. Note 2 definitely does more than n7. But if you only watch movies, read and social n7 is ideal for that sort of job. Note 2 packs tons of built in software making it a real die hard heavy multitasking machine for super busy people.
I have gnex and n7 and it feels like im using the same device.. Only one being bigger. I don't have any complaints about them but it would be nice to have some sort variety.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I have both. I still use the N7 a lot, especially when reading things (ebooks, Tapatalk, even websites). I also have some games on the N7 that I continue to play on it, mostly because I want to keep my progress.

What I have found, though, is that when I'm away from WiFi, I tend to grab the Note 2 instead. Before I had the Note 2, I would tether my N7 to my SGS so I could use the larger screen. The screen on the Note 2 is big enough that I don't feel like I need to carry two devices everywhere (and don't have to tether).

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, I'm definitely on the fence with this one. Although, if I decide to go with a S3 or Note 2, I'm going to flash Super Nexus ROM on the device. But don't really know if I want to lose the S-Pen software that comes stock on the Note 2.

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It makes sense yo not tether. I hate tethering with my Gnex because it gets a bit hot an I find myself constantly looking at battery drainage too often. It feels like the battery juice is literally leaking from my device. Your post was helpful, thank you.

kenydroid

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have both and find they compliment each other. The note 2 is large enough to save me having to carry a tablet as well when I'm out and the n7 is that little bit bigger when I want to read or browse when indoors and on the WiFi network.
The note 2 is the first phone to make me want to drop my iphone and change to something better and more versatile.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
If I was looking at getting a Note 2, which I kind of am after I see some more reviews and see if I can swap my iPhone for one, I'd get an iPad or a Nexus 10 for my tablet. I agree with what some people said that if you are leaving the house, just use the phone because it will have service where the N7 will not without tethering. The size difference to me is not enough, that's why I'd go with the bigger tablet to compensate. I'd probably go with the iPad and Note 2, simply because I love both OSes. But if you're tied to Google then I'd look at the N10.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have both. I picked up the N7 on black friday. I travel quite a bit and carry a company laptop and was carrying an ipad. It was too much to carry. I love my GN2 because I take short notes in my work and loved the Galaxy Note since the OG Galaxy Note and the GN2 is such an upgrade. So it is really the s-pen capababilty that I liked. I bought the Nexus 7 32 GB to have a reader and etc for flights and hotels etc. I have a mobile hotspot so I can usually get wifi anywhere for my laptop, tablet and phone if needed. I also wanted it for games which I do not really play on my phone. I have not had a chance to really use it yet but look forward to it. I must say I am a bit concerned by the trashing of 4.2. I have not updates and am still on 4.1.2. I picked up my Nexus at office depot and have until January 5th to return it if it does not work for me. I have thought about the Galaxy Note 10.1 also but then I am back to a larger size and non Nexus device which I wanted to get the latest greatest updates. Tgat is why I am perplexed by the reported issues with 4.2.