Questions

Merciix3

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi.
First of all, I want to apologize if I post in the wrong place.
I bought yesterday an LG G4 and I have some questions:
1. The battery gets better after a few charging cycles?
2. Do you use the stock camera app or another one?
3. What (other) applications do you recommend? (must have - some like Key Plus)
Thanks!

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. The battery will settle down after a few days. I didn't use the camera much, honestly.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Like golfdriver said, the battery will get better after a few days of charge/discharge cycles.
I've tried a few of the other camera apps but keep going back to the stock app from LG. Paired up with google photos and snapseed, my pictures seem to turn out great.

David

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I usually use the stock camera app, but sometimes the OIS can fight you when recording video. In those cases I use Cinema 4K, which has an option to disable image stabilization. I do have Snapseed, but I find Photoshop Express gives me better results and retains more of the original color accuracy. For podcasts, I love Podkicker for its simplicity. You can of course install a different launcher to customize the looks, and I favor Next 3D for that. If you listen a lot through a stereo or speakers with independent volume control (wired or Bluetooth) and get annoyed with the high volume nag and automatic reduction of the phone volume, then check out the Hearing Saver app to force it to full volume. That's about it for me other than my own special interest stuff like games, dash cam app, etc.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Congrats and Welcome!

Battery is good after a few cycles
After tryinng a few, i've settled on the stock LG camera App
Swiftkey is better than stock LG keyboard IMO

Merciix3

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I just got the biggest battery usage time: 8 hours and 12 minutes: with 5h30mins SOT (Whatsapp, Facebook, Real Racing 3 and Camera). (before that I took up to 6 hours)

Kr0m

May 24, 2011
Visit site
For me:
- The battery seemed to get better after a few weeks
- stock camera app is sufficient for me (along with pixlr for editing, piktures as a gallery, avg image shrinker for reducing filesize when emailing photos)
- Other apps I seem to not live without:
Nova + prime
Lux screen brightness control
SwiftKey
Chronus Widget (mainly for the weather widget, then I link it to the weather network for actual details)
Poweramp
Google Keep (recently started using this for reminders/lists)
Tapatalk of course
Feedly

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrewbline