Rain - my phone it wasnt wet at all but now it wont turn on

sleepyrey

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
ok
so i left my HTC thunderbolt in my car ( forgot to bring it back home ) and i left my windows slightly open and overnight it rain ( i didnt know it was going to rain ) and when i came back to the car and saw my phone it wasnt wet at all but now it wont turn on or anything. what should i do also my battery sticker that behind the phone is like "pinkish" is that fine??

thanks

Jeenyus

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Help asap!! Plz

Remove battery, put phone and battery in a bowl of rice, try to put both in center so rice will evenly absorb moisture and pray

sleepyrey

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

ok will do the rice trick lol

but is the battery sticker suppost to be pinkinish? or white in case i have to turn in to verizon

thanks

TBolt55

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

ok will do the rice trick lol

but is the battery sticker suppost to be pinkinish? or white in case i have to turn in to verizon

thanks
The little water indicator on the battery is supposed to be a pattern, white background with red/pink x's criss crossing. If the entire little area is all red/pink they will claim water damage and not exchange.

sleepyrey

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
well it has a white background and pink/red x's criss cross

am thinkin going to VZW and get another HTC thunderbolt do you think they will give me another one?

thanks

Antiseen

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Maybe the battery drained when you left it in your car? I don't see how leaving your windows slightly open would soak the phone. Was the inside of the car drenched? Around the phone? Was there any moisture at all on the phone. If not plug it in and let it charge.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Maybe the battery drained when you left it in your car? I don't see how leaving your windows slightly open would soak the phone. Was the inside of the car drenched? Around the phone? Was there any moisture at all on the phone. If not plug it in and let it charge.
i would also suspect a dead battery.

sleepyrey

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
well i charge my phone but when i wanted to turn on you can see the backlight but you cant see nothing ( if that makes any sense)

sleepyrey

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
that correct

it would show the HTC LOGO but it fades out and goes all black

i called vzw and they sending me another device but my phone is rooted :/ i need to unroot but idk how :/

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
that correct

i called vzw and they sending me another device but my phone is rooted :/ i need to unroot but idk how :/
You mean you called Asurion? Or VZW?

Asurion for Insurance and VZW for Warranty, right?

-Frank

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
that correct

If your rooted it might be a rom issue can u get Into recovery. If u just want to unroot follow this link. http://forums.androidcentral.com/thunderbolt-rooting-roms-hacks/77617-auto-root-unroot-windows-updated-5-20-w-mr1-update-new-post.html

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a computer with a sd card reader or an externel card reader? Take your card out of the phone and place the two zips from the unroot method onto the card and unroot the phone. It sounds like your phone is slowly coming back to life but I wouldn't be surprised if it bricks on you in a week or two from the previous damage.

Do you know how to unroot the phone?