Received Official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OTA this morning

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
After much trying, it finally arrived. For what it's worth, I cleared data and force closed framework, that's all!

And just to torment the purists that keep telling us that location doesn't matter (I know) south Carolina.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
FWIW: Coincidence is different than irony.

I have a hard time believing it was a coincidence. I bet Google hammered VzW hard to have at least some number or percentage upgraded on the same day the i5 came out just to make the headlines.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

EvanM3

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Savannah GA. Just did it on my wife's phone. Didn't have access to WiFi at the time so I tethered off of my AOKP'd nexus. Force closed GSF and cleared data. Got it on the 10th try or so.

She wouldn't let me root it so she waited patiently until today.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

TheBigFerret

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Just like the shopping market for me; I always choose the slow lane. It's like Verizon just whipped out it's checkbook with pictures of its Grandkids... Hopefully sometime this weekend?

dcyamaha

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Cleared framework probably 6 times or more. Still no luck. Maryland

---------- Post Merged at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Cleared framework probably 6 times or more. Still no luck. Maryland

zeke013

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the things that perturbs me about Android. As if the population isn't fractured enough - the idea that updates are hit and miss seems silly to me.

Maybe there's a good reason for it but it doesn't make sense to me.

maineultraclassic

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Framework trick:

1. From your phone, head into Settings>Apps>All.
2. Search for Google Services Framework.
3. Once found, tap on it and choose ?Force stop.?
4. Then choose ?Clear data.?
5. Back out of Apps to your About page in Settings and check for the System update.

Must be on WI-FI and don't skip any steps every time you do it.

Doesn't matter where you live, it's out there and ready to go.

Steve

timato

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
y3yhazu8.jpg

Got it

EvanM3

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Problem with it. My wife's phone updated to JB but there is no Google now. There's no lock screen target for it and you can't slide up from the home button.

If it was my phone doing it, I'd just re download it and clear cache and all that.

Hers is perfectly stock. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

king43

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Finally got it, tried probably 100 times, my coworker had it updated on 1st try.. so I finally gave up last night, this morning tried it another 5 times, no dice... Did a reboot cleared servies data/ then force closed, hit home, hit the running apps swiped settings off, went back to setttings update FINALLY GOT IT!!!!!!!! btw im in Tennessee

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Apparently not for me. I've been doing it on a semi-regular basis for the past day and a half and I've even tried it on multiple WiFi networks to no avail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware