Received Official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OTA this morning

timato

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Problem with it. My wife's phone updated to JB but there is no Google now. There's no lock screen target for it and you can't slide up from the home button.

If it was my phone doing it, I'd just re download it and clear cache and all that.

Hers is perfectly stock. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

You have to update your search app

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Believe it or not I had a dream jelly bean was gonna be waiting for me, woke up and nothing! And btw even if it doesn't roll out geographically I just wanna say it does so I feel better about myself

MartinRW

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. The guy who first reported it yesterday said that he was in LA County. I am also and I didn't receive it as of 8:34am TODAY. However, after forcing several checks, it updated.

LAKingsDru

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Got it! Used the "trick". Tried about 20 times

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348328532031.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348328532031.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 59

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible its rolling out to the older devices first like, the earlier models and than the newer ones get it

asloly

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I must have tried it the other way about 25 times and no update. I tried it your way,( Reverse order) and the update came up. God Bless you. NYC.

ddunk1946

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Nice surprise! Android 4.1 OTA this morning!

Same here in the Houston area. Well, SW of Houston. I had managed to stop obsessing about the update and just decided to let it happen when it happened. It was a nice surprise when I turned my Nexus on this morning. I can't see a LOT of difference yet, but I'm in the middle of other things today.

I DID notice that punctuation seems to be missing when typing email message or replies. Will dig a bit deeper and may do another hard start (reboot).

Anyway, the OTA came to the Houston area! (Verizon)

Rionken86x

May 31, 2011
Visit site
So I finally got my update. I was trying to update it since yesterday and following what others have suggested. This is what I did:

Cleared GFS
Turned Mobile Data On
System Update

It took so long to update it. WiFi signal was all greyed out so I rebooted the phone and got full bar WiFi signal.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348329787570.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348329787570.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 75
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348329846098.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348329846098.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 75
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348329919229.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348329919229.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 75
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348329976600.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348329976600.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 74
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348330027741.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348330027741.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 74
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348330065285.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348330065285.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 74
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348330095937.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348330095937.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 165

Rionken86x

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Force Stop GFS and Mobile Data Off didn't do anything for me. Google Play Store did get messed up with server error and such, I just reboot the phone whenever it does that and that fixed it for me. And then I keep trying to push the update on my phone :D

teedizz

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Just got it! I have tried numerous times yesterday and early this morning. Finally, I just turned my phone off/on and after it rebooted I did the steps again (Force stop / clear data).....went to update and NOTHING. So I did the steps 1 more time (Didnt restart) and BOOM! It worked.

slave2theaxe

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
This is one of the things that perturbs me about Android. As if the population isn't fractured enough - the idea that updates are hit and miss seems silly to me.

Maybe there's a good reason for it but it doesn't make sense to me.

OTAs roll out in waves...this is nothing new. When it is ready to hit your phone, you will get it.

This "trick" doesn't work either. I laugh every time I hear about it. "Worked for me on the 47th try"...no, your phone just happened to be ready to update after the 47th try. The same thing would have happened if you had just pressed Check for Updates for the same amount of time.

If the trick really worked, it would work for everyone and would work in the same amount of attempts for everyone. It's all coincidence people, but if it gives you a warm fuzzy to keep mashing virtual buttons, then by all means.

The overall point I'm trying to make is...patience.

You will get JB sometime in the next few days, and then we can all start complaining about when we can expect the NEXT update. :D

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Believe it or not I had a dream jelly bean was gonna be waiting for me, woke up and nothing! And btw even if it doesn't roll out geographically I just wanna say it does so I feel better about myself

I had that dream too (and also that my pulse widgets were pink all of a sudden...)! But still nothing, and nothing on my girlfriend's Gnex either. I tried the framework trick several times on mine, and it hasn't done anything. I tried it once on my gf's and it borked the play store, so I won't be doing that again.

FWIW, I'm in Cleveland, but I know that location doesn't matter ;).

Edit: Well look at that, I just got the update notification! Downloading as we speak. Very excited!

zeke013

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
OTAs roll out in waves...this is nothing new. When it is ready to hit your phone, you will get it.

This "trick" doesn't work either. I laugh every time I hear about it. "Worked for me on the 47th try"...no, your phone just happened to be ready to update after the 47th try. The same thing would have happened if you had just pressed Check for Updates for the same amount of time.

If the trick really worked, it would work for everyone and would work in the same amount of attempts for everyone. It's all coincidence people, but if it gives you a warm fuzzy to keep mashing virtual buttons, then by all means.

You will get JB sometime in the next few days, and then we can all start complaining about when we can expect the NEXT update. :D

But what's the business need to roll it out in waves? All it seems to accomplish is piss off customers. Is there a benefit/need to do it in that fashion?

S281

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Dallas area here , 2 galaxy nexus on my account, one got it this morning and the other still hasn't

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Well said.. I made a similar point earlier but it didn't seem to convince anyone ;)