Received Official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OTA this morning

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Got mine after doing the Google framework trick several times.

Hi, I wonder if it's really about the GFS or just a matter of time. I have done it many time, all through the day and still nothing. the last update 4.0.4 took my phone about 4 days to upload it. and I bought mine the first day it became available.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Just like someone said above, I forced stopped Google Services Framework, THEN cleared data. Checked for updates and BANG. Got the update!

I was on WiFi with Mobile data enabled.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
FYI y'all are wasting time doing all that the update rolls out wit time I didn't get the ota on my ns4g till the 15th and it came out on the 6th so give it time or root and flash the update

Sent from my White Epic 4g touch rockin jellybean

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Nope. All I did was force stop GSF, cleared GSF data, backed out to settings, went to about, check for updates. Found it and started downloading. No restart.

Oh my God, after three long years, there's finally NO LAG WHEN THE NEXUS LIVE WALLPAPER IS RUNNING! A dream of mine since the OG Droid!

thebourbonnflip

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I like to call it.... 3:36am central time, after almost all day of checking...then a break from checking because of work and a nap...it has finally come. Jelly Bean from IMM76K

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
What does it mean when the GSF is stuck saying "Computing..." instead of displaying the cache size? While trying this trick, I run into this problem 90% of the time and can't determine a pattern for why.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
No jb and gp isnt updating apps anymore since gfs was cleared. So im actually left with less. Fml.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
It's nice to see where you all live, but it has absolutely no bearing on when you get the update.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
No jb and gp isnt updating apps anymore since gfs was cleared. So im actually left with less. Fml.

Go into Accounts & Sync and remove your Gmail. Then re-add it as your back-up e-mail account (you are prompted to immediately after removing it) and you'll be back in shape again.

jms67

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
I told myself after doing the force close and clearing cache all day yesterday that I was only going to try 5 more times. And on the 5th try...it worked!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Papasmerf

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
What does it mean when the GSF is stuck saying "Computing..." instead of displaying the cache size? While trying this trick, I run into this problem 90% of the time and can't determine a pattern for why.

Same here. It just sits on computing. Clear cache and clear data are gray. Only button i can click is disable.

rstout76

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Turned off data and tried the trick, nothing. Turned it back on and tried again, worked. Very nice so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fakharzaman003