Rezound or Bionic?

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I have a near-perfect Bionic, and have the opportunity to trade for an HTC Rezound. Anyone had experience with both? Which would be the better phone?

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I had a bionic. It dropped data nearly every day, and development is low on the bionic. I now have a rezound and I like it ten times better. The data never drops, GPS locks quickly, excellent camera, good build, awesome screen, a lot of rom development.

I would say that rezound has a better screen, way better data connection, and more development. The bionic wasnt horrible it just kept loosing its data connection...hasn't happened at all on my rezound.

And by the way Sense is all over the rezound and most roms. I like Sense but some people don't I guess.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I had a bionic. It dropped data nearly every day, and development is low on the bionic. I now have a rezound and I like it ten times better. The data never drops, GPS locks quickly, excellent camera, good build, awesome screen, a lot of rom development.

I would say that rezound has a better screen, way better data connection, and more development. The bionic wasnt horrible it just kept loosing its data connection...hasn't happened at all on my rezound.

And by the way Sense is all over the rezound and most roms. I like Sense but some people don't I guess.

Have you tried Newt's Sense4.0 port? It's pretty great. I had to switch back to my Senseless ROM because of some of the issues, but the ROM almost made me appreciate Sense....almost lol

nrage23

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I had the Bionic for about a month before I sold it on craigslist and got the Rezound. It dropped data like crazy and the screen was horrible. Also the camera was really bad aswell. The new Sense 4.0 rom for the Rezound from Newtoroot is awesome. It still has a few bugs. Any of the ICS roms for the Rezound make it a bada$$ phone.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have a friend with a Bionic and I have a Rezound, and compared side by side the Rezound is definitely the way to go.

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

My experience was exactly the same...several Bionics replaced only for each one to experience constant data drop. Ever since I got the Rezound in late December, I rarely drop data, in fact, I rarely drop 4G coverage.

Reactions: Stelv

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I just like to try different phones, but I have not had ANY problem with my Bionic. It is running the .902 update. Some say the screen is "horrible", but I don't think that the average person can tell much difference without putting it about 3 inches from their face, IMHO. I like to switch phones to see how they are. I've had a Razr, Incredible 2, and Bionic so far, and the Inc2 seems to be a great phone, even though it is long in the tooth. I like the Razr, except for the non-removable battery, and the Bionic has been the best all-around phone of the bunch, considering speed, battery life, etc. Now to try a Rezound to see where it fits in!

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Rezound hands down. Helping friends with the Bionic and it's just a terrible phone.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried Newt's Sense4.0 port? It's pretty great. I had to switch back to my Senseless ROM because of some of the issues, but the ROM almost made me appreciate Sense....almost lol

Yea I have been meaning to give that a try. I like the look of Sense 4.0. I have been sticking with GB roms as I don't want to install the leaked firmware and the ICS roms kind of run laggy for me. I have been holding out for official firmware. I may give some of the Sense-less ICS roms a try too.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Yea I have been meaning to give that a try. I like the look of Sense 4.0. I have been sticking with GB roms as I don't want to install the leaked firmware and the ICS roms kind of run laggy for me. I have been holding out for official firmware. I may give some of the Sense-less ICS roms a try too.

Go Senseless ICS, you may not even care whether or not they release the official OTA this year. lol

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I might just do that. The performance is probably better on the Senseless ICS roms anyways. Aosp like miui would be nice if we ever get it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

It is. Xtreme Outcasts ROM was great but it looks like he gave up development. I just switched to Scott's CleanROM DE and while it has a lot of Sense elements left in it, it still runs great. It is based off of the last leak, so you'd either need his GB firmware patch or RUU the latest ICS leak.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
It is. Xtreme Outcasts ROM was great but it looks like he gave up development. I just switched to Scott's CleanROM DE and while it has a lot of Sense elements left in it, it still runs great. It is based off of the last leak, so you'd either need his GB firmware patch or RUU the latest ICS leak.

Thanks. I'll check it out. Runs good on the non-leaked firmware?

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I purchased the Bionic on release day. I don't think I'd use the word "regret", but I definitely felt like I didn't get the phone I wanted 9 months earlier when it was announced. Yes, I experienced the same issues everyone else did, but the latest .902 release pretty much fixed all of that. And running Eclipse 2.2 made it feel like I had an excellent device in my hand.

Bottom line is, once I saw the amazing screen and camera of the Rezound, then actually felt how much nicer it fit into the palm of my hand, there's no question that the Rezound wins hands down. Get it... Nuff said. ;)

Brandermill533

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
My situation is different, but ultimately I am trying to decide between the two devices as well. I was set to get the Rezound but was concerned about the Rezound not playing well with some bluetooth devices (I have a Plantronics Pro), not having Swype as a native app, reports of some battery issues, and I have also seen some people have a problem with connectivity issues. I know there are apps to take care of the Swype concern, but my experience is that when you need an app that is not natively installed to do something, they tend to be quirky.

What concerns me about the Bionic is that it has known connectivity issues and a bad camera. I know that the most recent update was suppose to address these issues, but I still see people reporting problems in the forums.

I need a phone that is a phone first with a reliable signal and the ability to get on line when needed. I don't watch movies or use my phone as a mp3 player. I do use my phone to browse the internet while waiting on the kids during their activities.

I guess what I'm asking is: 1) Is the Bionic as bad as some of the digruntled users say it is? 2) Is the Rezound that much better than the Bionic when it comes to just doing the basics as some would have one to believe? 3) Did the Bionic put it's problems to rest with the latest update?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana