[ROM][5/23/12][4.0.4][AXI0M] CROSSBREED and PATIENT ZERO

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][3/20/12][4.0.4]AXI0M Crossbreed & PATIENT ZERO

Something else. Whenever I backed up with Clockwork Mod, I added the description to the folder name by tacking it onto the standard date/time. If I just take out the description and return it to the standard format, and place that inside a new folder with a description, the original retains all of the information so when selected for restoration, it recognizes it and restores the ROM.

I discovered this because all of a sudden I experienced exceptional lag time with every part of V14, so I restored back to Crossbreed M2, which is more responsive at the moment. V14 has a lot more apps installed and configured than M2, but I'd hate to think that just loading up on apps, not necessarily multi-tasking, that it would slow things down that much. I'm trying to refrain from overclocking, if possible, because I don't want to over task the processor or have it running hotter than normal, not to mention the shortened battery life.

The number of apps installed can effect speed, however this phone is dual core and doesn't use external SD, so its probably not the apps slowing it down.
Some roms just get laggy after a few days. Wiping cache and dalvik in recovery might help.

stacman.nexus

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site

It was significant enough that I switched to Crossbreed M2 and will wait for the next update, which should be coming soon. I tend to favor the Franco kernels and his updater app has all the performance tweaks I want, so I'm content for now. I just loaded up on all the apps V14 had with no lag afterwards. Although, in configuring the apps and making two backups I dropped 35% of battery in a little less than two hours on battery. So that's something to keep an eye on. This is the R98 kernel, and my best experience with battery was R89.

goph_man

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site

I have a question, what is the difference between Crossbreed M2 and Patient Zero really?

stacman.nexus

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site

I have a question, what is the difference between Crossbreed M2 and Patient Zero really?

Crossbreed M2 is the culmination of the Crossbreed builds up to, and including V13. It includes everything and everything proven stable and desirable in each of the subsequent builds, and is considered a milestone. Patient Zero is the continuation of those "test" builds beginning with V14. At least that's the way I understand it.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Crossbreed M2 is the culmination of the Crossbreed builds up to, and including V13. It includes everything and everything proven stable and desirable in each of the subsequent builds, and is considered a milestone. Patient Zero is the continuation of those "test" builds beginning with V14. At least that's the way I understand it.

So which is better since I haven't had the chance to try out both yet.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

if you want to flash a new rom every/every other nite, patient zero.
if you want to leave it on there for a week or two, monolith.

Lol, I guess thats correct in th3ory (see what I did there ;) ) but I would want to note that the Patient Zero builds are pretty damn stable. Since raising my voltages a bit on v14 it can easily be a daily driver forever, lol.

In case anyone missed my post on droidhive btw... And this only goes for people running PZ v14... I was noting that it comes very aggressively undervolted, and that is causing some lockups, reboots, SOD's, etc for a number of users. I spent a couple days testing voltages and found that these work VERY well (screenshot below)... I made sure to have them set for over 24 hours with zero reboots, lockups, etc... and as of right now am still going on almost 37 hours up time with no reboots, no lag, no issues whatsoever. Every phone is different, there is no one-size-fits-all... but if you've had any of the issues I mentioned try my voltages or at least keep in mind that you can turn them up a good deal, still be significantly below the phone's "stock" voltages, so you wil get great battery life and, more importantly, stability.
:)
EDIT: Also worth noting... the top voltage is irrelevant as I keep my CPU max at 1190 mhz... and also to note I'm on the included kernel, Ondemand governor. Though everything should work fine with conservative governor, I like the quicker snappiness you get with ondemand.... YMMV
Screenshot_2012-03-22-07-28-18.png

Reactions: greydarrah

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm havent touched any of the voltage settings but i havnet had any issues on v14. If i stay on trinity tho maybe i'll screw around a bit with the voltages.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I did have one incident of phone locking up ,freezing on v14.
I had to do a battery pull to fix it .
Afterwards I raised my volts across the board.
I have not yet raised them quite as much as 2defmouze has but havent ran it as long either since batttery pull.
I have my max cpu at 1190 as well .
Phone ran fine for awhile before it froze so it might take awhile to see if raising the volts by 25 fixed it yet or not.;)
Thanks 2demouze for posting s/shot of your testing results,I saw it on droidhive but forgot what page it was on lol .

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I did have one incident of phone locking up ,freezing on v14.
I had to do a battery pull to fix it .
Afterwards I raised my volts across the board.
I have not yet raised them quite as much as 2defmouze has but havent ran it as long either since batttery pull.
I have my max cpu at 1190 as well .
Phone ran fine for awhile before it froze so it might take awhile to see if raising the volts by 25 fixed it yet or not.;)
Thanks 2demouze for posting s/shot of your testing results,I saw it on droidhive but forgot what page it was on lol .

No problem :)

Fwiw now at almost 47 hrs up time, still NO lag built up, no freezes, anything.. very stable. If you have issues you can always raise the voltages sparingly, 25-50 at a time or so, until you find you own phone's sweet spot... but yeah mine are working very well right now :)

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys been outta the loop for awhile, been really busy.
I'm still on v9 lol.
OK gotta get busy flashing. V14 eh :p

Sent from my Th3orized GN

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Uptime for me on v14 is now just over 40 hrs. too. All still good

@davey yup your late to the party this time haha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site

I rebooted last night after 74 hours because it was starting to get laggy. probably should have done it and 60 hours.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

Hey guys been outta the loop for awhile, been really busy.
I'm still on v9 lol.
OK gotta get busy flashing. V14 eh :p

Sent from my Th3orized GN

You should wait...V15 will most likely come out tonight.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yup I read that v15 isnt far off (droidhive).Im guessing either late tonight or sunday too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus