ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeviiinS

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes Android is mostly c, c++, and java. But building roms is much more about troubleshooting than writing code. Most of the time anyway.

I see, I should get a little involved. I know Java and a little bit of C++. I'll see how I do ;)
I have time.. I'm just 15 :)

KeviiinS

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Please stop with the off topic talk!

MMS do send and receive with the proper apn. Right now the default messaging app doesn't work, I believe the problem is that it may not be splitting the messages. I'm running another build to test my theory....

You're not the only one. Other ROMs have that too .. just install a 3rd party app. How's everything else?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I see, I should get a little involved. I know Java and a little bit of C++. I'll see how I do ;)
I have time.. I'm just 15 :)

Go for it. Age does not matter. You just need an insatiable desire to learn how things work and make new things.

By the time I was 15, I had been programming in assembly language for the Z80 and 6809 for a couple years already. ;)

KeviiinS

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Go for it. Age does not matter. You just need an insatiable desire to learn how things work and make new things.

By the time I was 15, I had been programming in assembly language for the Z80 and 6809 for a couple years already. ;)

Woah, that's cool! I started with HTML 5 years ago..
Anyway, how's the ROM looking?

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a refurbished OV that VM sent me and this ROM freezes when I install it (Both CM9 and AOKP builds) even though i format all the partitions 3 times, is that normal?

Edit: When I say freezes I mean that it boots to the home launcher then randomly freezes and restarts itself

Last edited:

KeviiinS

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a refurbished OV that VM sent me and this ROM freezes when I install it (Both CM9 and AOKP builds) even though i format all the partitions 3 times, is that normal?

Edit: When I say freezes I mean that it boots to the home launcher then randomly freezes and restarts itself

That's probably the Kernel. Just wait for alpha 9 to be ready in a few hours

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

I recommend going back to iho and seeing what happens. If it still freezes, it's likely a hardware problem. If not, we can try to diagnose the issue.

Reactions: glarepate

firecrotch666

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member