[ROM][AOSP][4.0.3] Codename Android 1.5.5 [Full Open Source]

holysnikey

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
re: [ROM][AOSP][4.0.3] Codename Android 1.1.1 [Full Open Source]

I just want to say I have tried several ROMs so far and to me this is definitely the most balanced one when its combined with imoseyon's Minimalist kernel. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a good ROM for a daily driver.

TMFGO45

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Bug? When the triple dot menu button is on screen, when clicked I get 2 or 3 click sounds? Anyone else?

Swyped from my Galaxy Nexus (Codename Android 1.1.1 and franco.Kernel) in Tapatalk Pro!

Last edited:

TMFGO45

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
And also, I guess the battery % isn't working for me either. I could have sworn it worked when I installed 1.1.1 dirty over 1.1.0, but I went back and did a proper clean install, and now....no worky...I'm sad...

Swyped from my Galaxy Nexus (Codename Android 1.1.1 and franco.Kernel) in Tapatalk Pro!

BringMeBack9801

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Is anyone using 1.1.1 with Franco's Kernel Updater that has the hotplug enabler? I'm curious to see if there is a significant improvement in battery life or if there are any drawbacks to using it (i.e. lag, unresponsiveness upon wake up, etc.)

Also, if you are using it, what governor settings are working best with it?

bstrong04

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm running 1.1.1 with Franco's nightly 12 and have no issues. With deep sleep battery life is awesome.

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

Is anyone using 1.1.1 with Franco's Kernel Updater that has the hotplug enabler? I'm curious to see if there is a significant improvement in battery life or if there are any drawbacks to using it (i.e. lag, unresponsiveness upon wake up, etc.)

Also, if you are using it, what governor settings are working best with it?

I'm using the same ROM/Kernel/Setting combination and haven't noticed any issues or drop in battery life.The recommended governor is Conservative as Franco stated in one forum thread.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

I've read through the features list, and I noted the option for "quad-targets" on the lockscreen -- that is, the option to add phone and messaging to the unlock circle.

Am I correct in assuming it's just an on-or-off feature, or are you able to change which applications are launched? I use Google Voice instead of the default messaging app, so I have no use for a shortcut to it.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
After running AXI0M for the last couple of weeks, I made the move to Codename Android today. Running it with lean kernel and so far everything is working fine. Enabling the 280 slot and running interactivex has really improved my battery life.

Really like having the options to change the soft buttons without needing to flash any mods. Only negative I've noticed (and it is a minor one) is that scrolling through tthe widget list in the app drawer is a little slower than an AXI0M.

Does anyone know if there is a mod that moves the battery percentage put of the battery icon and puts the number next to the icon? Anyway, looks like this will be my new daily driver and looking forward to what's to come. :)

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Tried Franco... phone wasn't liking it too much. I wasn't really digging his 700min cpu and conservative governor recommendation... phone felt like it was lagging.

Running JDs and the phone is flying and battery life is the best i've ever had.. I actually didn't even have to charge my phone last night. I'm making it through most days with 40-50% left with moderate use.

capnjb

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

I was running axiom until today. This seems to be a nice replacement. NFL mobile worked fine today, I know some people have had problems with that.
The only issue I have is I can't download any files from 4shared or megaupload. The download reaches 100% then says download not complete or failed. Tried with half a dozen files and same thing. Running with Franco's kernel.
Also what do you use to change the governor settings and where to download from?

Last edited:

edweb1

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, but a noob question. I'm currently downloaded the 1.1.1 ROM but were do I get the different Kernels (Franco/JD) everyone is talking a/b?

capnjb

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Edweb I misread your post. Sorry for the rant. I apologize. Look for Franco's Kernel at XDA developers. And there's a comprehensive list on Rootzwiki of other kernels.

Last edited:

edweb1

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

So, which one of the kernels for the nexus is the most recent? His nightly or 1.4.0.0.?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Wow that's kind of rude! Been flashing since I had an omnia but I've never really messed with cpu speeds or battery settings. Just used what the rom was set to. The whole point of the forums is to get help for things you don't know how to do. If I'm asking in the wrong place that's fine, it would be kind of you to direct me to the proper thread, because I've searched it and can only find descriptions of interactivex and smartass not how to use or download.
Thanks for blowing me off though like you're some superior nerd to the rest of us, seeing as how you don't even know where to find the Kernels!
That's a "NOOB" Question, but I'll help you out anyway. Look for Franco's Kernel at XDA developers. And there's a comprehensive list on Rootzwiki of other kernels. If you don't want to help thats fine.
If anyone else would like to help I'd appreciate it.
Thank you.
P.S. We're all noobs at some point just looking for a little guidance.

I think you read that wrong. Member was saying they were asking a noob question not saying the question you asked was a noob question.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

The only issue I have is I can't download any files from 4shared or megaupload. The download reaches 100% then says download not complete or failed. Tried with half a dozen files and same thing. Running with Franco's kernel.
Also what do you use to change the governor settings and where to download from?

You probably have a bad connection... use wifi if you can.
For governors and to adjust CPU speeds... either use the ROMs built in performance settings (CodenameDroid removed the setting in the last update... should be back in the next update.. under >phone settings>performance)
Or download SetCPU from the market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiebaby3110