[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

jetfactor

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
FEEL LIKE A COMPLETE IDIOT.

went to flash AOKP and after i wiped everything and re-formatted i went to go install the zip and accidentally rebooted instead. tried to boot into recovery but got blue screen fastboot mode started. i've never been here before. wtf do i do now...?

NEVERMIND... i got it. little trial and error. ahhh hahah.

Last edited:

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
On a 8gb card how big should sd-ext be? Do we create from recovery?
Thx

What ever you want. I did mine 2gb. I'm sure I'll never run out of space. It depends on how many apps you plan on installing.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
@tdm--- aokp07-03-- keep in mind i havent partioned my sdcard so no ext use... curious if others have that do use the ext are having the same problems... things ive noticed so far:
-power menu pops up two menus at once leaving one to choose from and another in the background...
-rom control>general>enable usb debug text in option is cutoff...
-battery status on lockscreen does not match with battery status icon in status bar...
-some visual anomolies in statusbar/wallpaper/and while typing in landscape...
-random reboots @ 245/480min//710/600/480max/InteractiveX... no matter what i tried, could only stay stable for 1-5minutes before rebooting itself...
-lots of forcecloses in settings...
-bootanimation is not sized properly...

but i still love aokp... trust me i spent all night trying different setting configurations, w/wo a default_oc script added to init.d<---note* this did help with rr's during initial install... but the longer the rom ran, the worse/more frequent the reboots became... :-(
im very much looking forward to the next release!!!... great progress tdm!!!... :)

Reactions: tdm

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I understand that you don't use Link2sd w/ this ROM. But I have used l2sd w/ my current ROM - mirage. So most of my apps are on my sd-ext. Is there a way I can install Quattrimus and re-link to the apps currently on my sd-ext or do I have to reinstall all of them? I really like the feel of this ROM, but before I put it into more extensive use wanted to see how much work it would be to keep all my current apps.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I understand that you don't use Link2sd w/ this ROM. But I have used l2sd w/ my current ROM - mirage. So most of my apps are on my sd-ext. Is there a way I can install Quattrimus and re-link to the apps currently on my sd-ext or do I have to reinstall all of them? I really like the feel of this ROM, but before I put it into more extensive use wanted to see how much work it would be to keep all my current apps.

You'll have to re-install, but if you back everything up with Titanium Backup, it's a very painless process.

Sent from my ZombieICS-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: dbacon84

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey TDM, would you like me to make some graphics for the ROM page? I can zip them up and PM them to you and you can see if you like them or not. Also, congats on beta status! You have brought our little old phones a long way. And we all thank you very much for that.

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
AOKP is great! Besides a few missing things like some other AOKP features, SIP i don't think still works, I have noticed that Google Voice voicemails now actually work when integrated into the native dialer. Can't wait for tethering and YouTube (video skipping) to be fixed.

This is definitely my daily driver :)

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
AOKP is running solid for me @ 480/806 PERFORMANCE

on the last build, i was experiencing random reboots when accessing the dialer. it should be noted that this phone is NOT ACTIVATED and I use grooveIP V1.221 to make voice calls. So far I have not been able to duplicate that issue under the new build.

now...if anyone is using INVERTED GOOGLE TALK successfully, I would like to know how you got it working...I am running into "talk has stopped" errors on boot up and just cant get it to jive.

everything else is peechy f@#king keen

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Put your apk's in /sd-ext/app and delete everything in /data/app

Reactions: dbacon84

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey TDM, would you like me to make some graphics for the ROM page? I can zip them up and PM them to you and you can see if you like them or not. Also, congats on beta status! You have brought our little old phones a long way. And we all thank you very much for that.

Sure that would be great thx!

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Loving aokp so far every thing seems to work great, still having the wifi issue but that seems to be a Ics problem, other than that doing great on the 7/03 nightly, thanks tdm

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tdm

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Loving aokp so far every thing seems to work great, still having the wifi issue but that seems to be a Ics problem, other than that doing great on the 7/03 nightly, thanks tdm

What wifi issue are you having? I've connected to 2 different wifi and was able to flow right back to 3g after I left the area.
Only had 1 hiccup, haven't been able to reproduce it. Playing Pandora via a2dp got a reboot. But I've reconnected 6 more times and disconnected again. Never happened again?
Still running great. Now that its beta, are we still going to be grabbing nightlies on goomgr?

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
What wifi issue are you having? I've connected to 2 different wifi and was able to flow right back to 3g after I left the area.
Only had 1 hiccup, haven't been able to reproduce it. Playing Pandora via a2dp got a reboot. But I've reconnected 6 more times and disconnected again. Never happened again?
Still running great. Now that its beta, are we still going to be grabbing nightlies on goomgr?

The wifi will just disconnects and says out of range even while sitting a couple of feet away from the router and the actual range seems to be less than when I use a gb ROM. On ics I can't get off my front porch, on any gingerbread ROM I can go down the street a ways without losing wifi

coolbryan22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
When I watch YouTube videos for a long time, eventually I'll have a reboot. This always happens, probably like after 15-50 minutes on YouTube. This also happens with the videos on the TED app.

Anybody else having this bug?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to say beta1 is working great for me. No reboots and it feels snappier then iho

Edit: also anyone having reboot issues try backing up your sdcard to pc and repartition (I added swap too) and reformat your sdcard then do a fresh install. I haven't had an issue since

Last edited:

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Not running now but (ignore my sig running v rom on my s) when I enabled and disabled Bluetooth on CM9 it rebooted now must go change signature

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201