[ROM] Clean AOSP 4.1.1 build 5 (JRO03R)

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Clean AOSP 4.1.1 build 1 (JRO03L)

Just a heads up. I have sip/voip, battery percentage text, and a possible gps tweak lined up for build 2 so far. i may also include reboot options which would include the option to reboot safe mode, like you can already via long press. it depends if i have time to get to it.

after that i'll probably look into seeing if fb contact sync is feasible in JB.

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Clean AOSP 4.1.1 build 2 (JRO03L)

build 2 posted. adds sip/voip dialing, a possible gps lock tweak, and the option to put your battery percentage in the status bar. i may change the way that works over time, allowing only the text as well as the option for both or just the battery symbol.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site

Very happy. :D
I tried Deeper Chocolate from Team Black Hat, and it crippled my camera. Everything was green. In another thread I saw this was a known fstop issue from vzw.
Then I tried Buglessbeast but it made my wifi useless. I got no help with that issue , except blame my hardware.

Clean works great. No wifi or camera trouble. Thanks for the work. :cool:

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site

Still screaming along.
I like having Android browser back. Chrome is slow, and it still has weird glitches.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

Base : Jelly Bean 4.1.1 JRO03L <---------- Is this the latest and what does the "jro03L" actually mean?:confused:

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Clean AOSP 4.1.1 build 3 (JRO03L)

I just posted build 3. It includes facebook contact sync. You might have to clear data on Contacts, Contacts Storage, and Facebook or do a full wipe data/cache before this install to trigger your contacts to pull in the Facebook data. Enjoy

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

Base : Jelly Bean 4.1.1 JRO03L <---------- Is this the latest and what does the "jro03L" actually mean?:confused:

This is the latest source that google has pushed. This is how they label their builds, with a series of numbers and letters. You'll notice that they increase as builds increase. The leaked verizon build is JRO03O. O being a few letters past L, obviously. Google hasn't released anything past JRO03L to AOSP yet though. You'll also notice that as Android versions increment alphabetically, so do these versions. ICS build versions started with I. Jelly Bean build versions start with J.

Reactions: JkdJedi

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site

So I spoke to soon about not having wifi issues. Although I also discovered it was my room mates CrApple router. I connected to a neighbors wifi and haven't had a hiccup since.

So my new issue is that Clean broke my root. I ignored the denied errors from Superuser until I tried to enter recovery. I used root check and it said I didn't have root! I loaded that root toolbox and I couldn't get it to root. However it got me into "ODIN" mode and I was able to navigate to ROM manager recovery menu. I quickly flashed another ROM and I had root back.

So I don't know why it crippled Superuser. :confused:I'm on JMO03O from Team Black Hat now. Which has wifi issues with CrApple too.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I presume by ODIN mode you mean Bootloader?

Check my OTA thread in the general section--there are 2 SU packages that you should keep on your SDcard (use the latest--Superuser 3.1.3). If you ever lose root, simply boot into recovery and flash the SU zip.

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

So I spoke to soon about not having wifi issues. Although I also discovered it was my room mates CrApple router. I connected to a neighbors wifi and haven't had a hiccup since.

So my new issue is that Clean broke my root. I ignored the denied errors from Superuser until I tried to enter recovery. I used root check and it said I didn't have root! I loaded that root toolbox and I couldn't get it to root. However it got me into "ODIN" mode and I was able to navigate to ROM manager recovery menu. I quickly flashed another ROM and I had root back.

So I don't know why it crippled Superuser. :confused:I'm on JMO03O from Team Black Hat now. Which has wifi issues with CrApple too.

Clean didn't cripple your root. That is how it is designed. Go to Settings > Clean extras if you would like to enable root at any time. You can also create a Settings shortcut for Clean extras on your home screen. This is how CM does it now too, I believe. The thought is that your device is more secure if it's not left on root all the time. Personally, I've only had to turn root back on once or twice. I like to leave it off. This way if somebody finds my phone or a rogue app tries to do something bad, they don't have the keys to the kingdom. In the case of physical theft, they'd first have to unlock my phone and re-enable root, etc.

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

I presume by ODIN mode you mean Bootloader?

Check my OTA thread in the general section--there are 2 SU packages that you should keep on your SDcard (use the latest--Superuser 3.1.3). If you ever lose root, simply boot into recovery and flash the SU zip.

With Clean, ideally, you should never do that. I use a customized Superuser.apk and su to achieve the selective root feature. You'd probably be fine, but if you do that or use the Market version of Superuser (which shouldn't install), then the Selective Root setting in Clean extras will no longer do anything.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Clean didn't cripple your root. That is how it is designed. Go to Settings > Clean extras if you would like to enable root at any time. You can also create a Settings shortcut for Clean extras on your home screen. This is how CM does it now too, I believe. The thought is that your device is more secure if it's not left on root all the time. Personally, I've only had to turn root back on once or twice. I like to leave it off. This way if somebody finds my phone or a rogue app tries to do something bad, they don't have the keys to the kingdom. In the case of physical theft, they'd first have to unlock my phone and re-enable root, etc.

I believe cms default is root access for apps. At least it's been when I've flashed it recently.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

I believe cms default is root access for apps. At least it's been when I've flashed it recently.

I guess if it's Apps only by default, then at least that should cover the physical theft of your phone, so long as you keep your phone locked. To be honest, I think people should be leaving root access off entirely, until and unless they need it. I was even thinking of trying to make this setting password protected, so that you have to enter your password to change it. But, I haven't figured that out yet :)

I may consider changing it to Apps only, if only to make it less confusing for first time users.

Last edited:

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

build 4 should be ready in the next few days with at least reboot options and enhanced battery options with the ability to just have text now and no icon. reboot options will currently be "Reboot", "Safe mode", "Recovery", and probably "Bootloader". you'll still be able to do safe mode by simply long pressing shutdown. I left this because you might decide that you want to turn off the reboot option altogether.

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Clean AOSP 4.0.4 build 3

I just posted build 4. It contains reboot options, including safe mode, and enhanced battery percentage options. enjoy!

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Clean AOSP 4.0.4 build 3

just a quick update. updated my base from JRO03L to JRO03R. not sure what that gives though, other than bug fixes/stability.

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Where did R come from, everyone is receiving O OTA?

R is the most recent code that Google pushed to AOSP a couple of days ago. ROMs that are built from source do not rely on leaked OTA's like the JRO03O OTA. Instead, ROMs built from source pull code directly from Google and build it from the ground up. Therefore, it doesn't matter what the current OTA is.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
just a quick update. updated my base from JRO03L to JRO03R. not sure what that gives though, other than bug fixes/stability.

R is the most recent code that Google pushed to AOSP a couple of days ago. ROMs that are built from source do not rely on leaked OTA's like the JRO03O OTA. Instead, ROMs built from source pull code directly from Google and build it from the ground up. Therefore, it doesn't matter what the current OTA is.

Is it typical for new revisions to show up in AOSP without Google updating the build list at source.android.com for a while? Just curious.. asking because I checked the site and it lists the most recent revision to AOSP as still JRO03L: Codenames, Tags, and Build Numbers | Android Open Source

If so would you happen to know where they have a more updated/current listing of the builds? I like to keep my resources up to date :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Novigator