[ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

Toa_Tahu

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Probably a stupid question, but how exactly would i flash this on the Optimus, V?
Any feedback will be highly appreciated! :)

Sent from my LG-P769 using Android Central Forums

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The only difference is the home and menu keys are reversed. Try it, see what happens. Don't forget to make a backup first!

sent from a Tardis. I wish!

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Wow Kraven, I'm gonna have to charge up my old LG Optimus S just to toy with this. I ended up getting a new LG Optimus AS730 but am keeping the Optimus S as a sort of guest machine (for Google TV Remote and others). I'm amazed to see this phone still going :D

Edit: Just flashed it and it is SMOOTH. I did notice swiping on the keyboard doesn't seem to work though.

Last edited:

Masterjakeway

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Flashed build 5.
system ui closes, a lot! lose status bar and recent apps function.
also, Bluetooth won't even turn on!
makes me wish I still had my laptop setup with ubuntu...

Haze666

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
System menu seems a bit sluggish at times, find myself waiting for the next screen to open for about 3-5 seconds, performance set to interactiveX 600MHz-806MHz same setting i used for 6 months with no issues in CM9
Great job btw, loving jb

relooreloo

May 24, 2012
Visit site
System menu seems a bit sluggish at times, find myself waiting for the next screen to open for about 3-5 seconds, performance set to interactiveX 600MHz-806MHz same setting i used for 6 months with no issues in CM9
Great job btw, loving jb

Crossbreeder kills the lag quite excellently! (though I had to disable its tether & DNS boost options to keep tethering working)

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Crossbreeder kills the lag quite excellently! (though I had to disable its tether & DNS boost options to keep tethering working)

I've tried flashing that in the past. Is there some sort of trick to it? Because when I have flashed it, my phone would be extremely slow to respond. Subsequent reboots did nothing...

relooreloo

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I've tried flashing that in the past. Is there some sort of trick to it? Because when I have flashed it, my phone would be extremely slow to respond. Subsequent reboots did nothing...

no tricks, I just flash and it works. Maybe ensure there is space on the system partition for it? I'm using the "stripped" gapps, and did not have to delete anything extra to have room. Also make sure you're using the most recent Crossbreeder version. The effect for me is like night and day.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
no tricks, I just flash and it works. Maybe ensure there is space on the system partition for it? I'm using the "stripped" gapps, and did not have to delete anything extra to have room. Also make sure you're using the most recent Crossbreeder version. The effect for me is like night and day.

I haven't done it since a month ago...but I had about 8 megs left on my system partition. and I have the 3/15 zip for crossbreeder, unless there's a new one and I totally missed it!

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Looks like we're good on Crossbreeder...

I do have a new issue or three.

1. Wifi is hit and miss, in fact I noticed that if its a hit, it reboots my phone. If it is a miss, it does what older builds of JBC did due to the A2SD scripts borking wifi.
2. Data drops more often and sometimes never ever comes back on until a battery pull is executed. Does it sometimes after a phone call.
3. Maybe it's a network thing? Incoming calls were much faster and lag-free on ICS and GB ROMs but people tell me it can take 6-7 rings before the phone responds. Could it be Sprint's network or could something be tweaked at the ROM level?

Last edited:

Esp_eon

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Looks like we're good on Crossbreeder...

I do have a new issue or three.

1. Wifi is hit and miss, in fact I noticed that if its a hit, it reboots my phone. If it is a miss, it does what older builds of JBC did due to the A2SD scripts borking wifi.
2. Data drops more often and sometimes never ever comes back on until a battery pull is executed. Does it sometimes after a phone call.
3. Maybe it's a network thing? Incoming calls were much faster and lag-free on ICS and GB ROMs but people tell me it can take 6-7 rings before the phone responds. Could it be Sprint's network or could something be tweaked at the ROM level?

I thought that entropy providers were disproved?
Anyway, great rom, with a couple caveats. I've noticed that whenever I try to open the power menu, it fades in, then out, then in again. Is there any particular reason why?

Edit: I also forgot, what happened to the USB fast charge thing in the power widget, and the status bar battery? Those were my favorite things from cm9.

Double Edit: Also, I forgot again, but the pattern unlock is ridiculously small :(

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23