[ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
You can use any file explorer with root permission to remove the .apk from /system/app. Then reboot. All gone.

Just deleted the ROM Manager apk using Root Explorer, rebooted, went to look in the play store under "my apps". ROM manager was there so I uninstalled... rebooted and checked my gallery, no pictures to be found. Can anyone confirm doing anything that actually worked for them as opposed to something that "should" work?

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Just deleted the ROM Manager apk using Root Explorer, rebooted, went to look in the play store under "my apps". ROM manager was there so I uninstalled... rebooted and checked my gallery, no pictures to be found. Can anyone confirm doing anything that actually worked for them as opposed to something that "should" work?

deleting the .nomedia and uninstalling ROM Manager did work for me. Confirmed.

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I have been restoring my previous android ID using TiBu each time I flash from the old ROM. is that standard practice or are others letting the device just generate a new ID?
Thanks for the confirmation SeigaGen. I just did another fresh clean install. Hoping for better results.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I have been restoring my previous android ID using TiBu each time I flash from the old ROM. is that standard practice or are others letting the device just generate a new ID?
Thanks for the confirmation SeigaGen. I just did another fresh clean install. Hoping for better results.

Had a chat about that here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=199859

I usually restore it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Yup... the ROM Settings...

Click to view quoted image

&

enable it here too...

Click to view quoted image

Thanks. That didn't fully answer my question at first. I thought this was a new 8/16 feature. Not sure if it was on the 8/15 build or not. So...I flashed the 8/16 build and still couldn't find it.
I looked around for awhile and finally found it. It's not in the most intuitive places I would expect it to be in the settings. I really wanted to know "under Display settings" to really find it quickly. :D

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
No go on the fresh install. I'm using the 7-26 Gapps and the 8-16 Jellybro. Tried removing ROM manager with root explorer to no avail. I think I'm going to restore my nandroid from yesterday and wait it out to see what comes from this thread.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't suggesting that uninstalling ROM Manager would fix the gallery problem. That was just a general comment for those that didn't know how to uninstall system apps :)

As for the gallery problem, I haven't had any issues with it, do I can't really speak to that.

In general though, any changes made to the system require a reboot for them to take effect.

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't suggesting that uninstalling ROM Manager would fix the gallery problem. That was just a general comment for those that didn't know how to uninstall system apps :)

As for the gallery problem, I haven't had any issues with it, do I can't really speak to that.

In general though, any changes made to the system require a reboot for them to take effect.

I did a reboot after the initial deleting of the apk, upon boot I loaded the play store and ROM manager was in my installed apps list, where I deleted it. 3rd Reboot no changes to the gallery.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
That's weird. On every CM build I flashed, the first thing I did was delete that apk. Haven't had an instance of it still being there after a reboot.

Peculiar :confused:

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Been gone for a while and still running Axiom CMPLX V1 (ICS). Want to try this out but I have 2 questions:

1. Where is the ROM download (normally somebody link the OP to it's source)?

2. Going from ICS to a JB ROM, outside of doing a full wipe, is there anything else I need to download/install aside from the ROM and it's associated GAPPS?

Thanks!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Been gone for a while and still running Axiom CMPLX V1 (ICS). Want to try this out but I have 2 questions:

1. Where is the ROM download (normally somebody link the OP to it's source)?

2. Going from ICS to a JB ROM, outside of doing a full wipe, is there anything else I need to download/install aside from the ROM and it's associated GAPPS?

Thanks!

What's up grey.. Long time no see!

You should be fine with flashing the ROM and GAPPS. The JB bootloader is a decent idea as it may help with stability too, I think you can find it in dmmarck's Jellybean thread stickied.. If not someone can link it, it isn't crucial to do first or anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: greydarrah

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
i was running 10 with 726 gapps and i had all my photos till today they just dissapeared i could use file to find pics but couldnt fig out how they werent in gallery so nstead of reading i just flashed 16 and some gapps from rootz (this is prob my 4th flash thank you dylan) hopefully it fixes it or i gotta do some reading (not in shape to read lol) ... but im mastering this flashing now i just got fig out tibu FML but baby steps i guess

and ofcourse i did dirty lol why cuz its funny and 2 im lazy and still scared

Last edited:

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
does this work and if so could you eloborate a lil for us basically me but who cares lol

Go to your apps in settings and find Rom Manager (should be in the downloaded section) choose uninstall updates. Then go to the "All" section to find Media. In Media choose clear data. Reboot and give it about 30 minutes.

I could be completely wrong but before I did this no gallery photos, after I have photos. I also tried reflashing ROM and gapps but that did not seem to work. Let me know if that worked for you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
There don't seem to be any GAPPS (that I can see) on the CM10 download page. Anyone have a link to whatever one we're supposed to use?