[ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

CardcaptorRLH85

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 2/7/2012 zvd only

I'm having a bit of a keyboard issue: when I try to change the KB from stock, the settings don't stick...it'll let me select the other KB, but nothing will actually change. I believe this is a problem with the rom as it happens with both swiftkey and slideit...any advice? I've tried rebooting to no avail. Thanks!

EDIT: Swiftkey says that the keyboard isn't even being enabled.

Try not restoring any data or system settings from titanium backup. And install fresh from the market

I just started having this same issue today yesterday with the Swype Beta. I've tried disabling and re-enabling it, clearing it's data, uninstalling it and restoring a known working version of the app and its data from Titanium Backup, uninstalling and restoring just the app from TB, and finally what I tried about 10 minutes ago is uninstalling it and re-downloading/installing it using the Swype Installer app.

However, after each of those it still won't stay selected when I either attempt to use the 'Select input method' dialog or when I try to use the 'Select Swype' button in the Swype Installer app itself. I honestly don't know what's happening here and I've grown a bit too used to Swype. It's actually quite difficult for me to type on the built-in Android Keyboard now.

Thanks for any help you can provide ^_^

EDIT: Ok, I am using the 02-07 build (since I didn't note that before) however, I've noticed that I'm intermittently suffering from that settings not sticking issue as well. Sometimes I'll choose a setting and it will save just fine but other times it doesn't. I can't deduce a pattern to these actions.

For example, when I tried re-installing Swype again, and I went into the Language & Keyboard settings menu to activate Swype, I checked the box to activate Swype and clicked OK to dismiss the anti-keylogger warning. However, when I clicked back and re-entered the menu, the box was once again unchecked. I finally managed to get it to stay selected by rebooting after checking the box and without exiting the menu.

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
well, I am a cm7 junkie, an I've had an optimus before, hell I've been on kraven's roms before. Not sure what is causing it to do this at random. Either way, not going complete stock. Scott over at scottsrom's makes a few roms for this device. I'll go to his if I have to. Such a pain. I've never had this specefic problem, hell, never even heard of a phone doing this before now. It's always something! ugh! Sorry Kraven, seems my phone is just not your type :) Unless you have any insight on what to do/not do. I'm gonna have to move on.

Perhaps just an older build would do the trick.

CardcaptorRLH85

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

I just started having this same issue today yesterday with the Swype Beta. I've tried disabling and re-enabling it, clearing it's data, uninstalling it and restoring a known working version of the app and its data from Titanium Backup, uninstalling and restoring just the app from TB, and finally what I tried about 10 minutes ago is uninstalling it and re-downloading/installing it using the Swype Installer app.

However, after each of those it still won't stay selected when I either attempt to use the 'Select input method' dialog or when I try to use the 'Select Swype' button in the Swype Installer app itself. I honestly don't know what's happening here and I've grown a bit too used to Swype. It's actually quite difficult for me to type on the built-in Android Keyboard now.

Thanks for any help you can provide ^_^

EDIT: Ok, I am using the 02-07 build (since I didn't note that before) however, I've noticed that I'm intermittently suffering from that settings not sticking issue as well. Sometimes I'll choose a setting and it will save just fine but other times it doesn't. I can't deduce a pattern to these actions.

For example, when I tried re-installing Swype again, and I went into the Language & Keyboard settings menu to activate Swype, I checked the box to activate Swype and clicked OK to dismiss the anti-keylogger warning. However, when I clicked back and re-entered the menu, the box was once again unchecked. I finally managed to get it to stay selected by rebooting after checking the box and without exiting the menu.

Ok, I can now confirm that the keyboard issue appears with every third-party KB that I try to use. Also, freezing the Android Keyboard doesn't help matters at all. If I do that I just end up without a virtual keyboard at all. I'm about to try simply dirty-flashing the ROM over itself. Maybe that'll help me out ^_^

hman333

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking the same thing. Trying it this again w/o data2ext. I really like this build. Ugh!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

If you are using data 2ext with 2/7 that is probably your problem. Many users, including myself, have had issues with any build newer than 12/22 with data 2ext enabled.

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

Yeah this is a great build, especially for this device! I tried ALL the other ROMs this weekend, just for s h i t s and giggles. Came back to cm7 once again! May test the boot images from kraven tonight for cm9. REALLY looking forward to that being a stable release from thekraven:p:p

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
If you are using data 2ext with 2/7 that is probably your problem. Many users, including myself, have had issues with any build newer than 12/22 with data 2ext enabled.

Chances are data2ext is not the problem, sounds like software not working correctly. Possibly kernel or rom glitch.

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

CardcaptorRLH85

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

Ok, I can now confirm that the keyboard issue appears with every third-party KB that I try to use. Also, freezing the Android Keyboard doesn't help matters at all. If I do that I just end up without a virtual keyboard at all. I'm about to try simply dirty-flashing the ROM over itself. Maybe that'll help me out ^_^

Just in case anyone else has this issue, a dirty flash didn't work to fix it. Eventually, I just performed a full flash and now the issue is gone. I wish that I knew what caused it though so that I can prevent it from happening again....

glenesis

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this will help. I couldn't get my Better Keyboard 8 to stick as the main keyboard between boots. I foymund that they were auto-installing to external. Once I moved both Better Keyboard and its unlocker app to internal, all problems went away with it. Same for GoSMS and its themes. They need to be in internal storage for them to work properly. Since I made sure of that, I've had no problems.

I had some problems with many settings not sticking on prior builds, but no problems on 2/7 barebones build. None at all. I did a thorough clean flash on the initial install. I don't dirty-flash anymore. I use SMS Backup And Restore from the market, File Explorer to back up APK'S of everything, and Titanium Backup with the pro license.

I hope this helps someone.

Thanks again, theKraven. You should really be theKnighr, for valour in your conquests.

Cheers!

glenesis

PS - I am not using data2ext for apps. I play around too much to deal with that again and again. At one point, though, I had well over a hundred apps and still had free space.

Now I have my apps trimmed to just what I actually use, and this thing FLIES.

PLUG - Live, learn and love Titanium Backup. It is your best friend. Learn the filters and the batch functions. The batch cache-cleaning is amazingly deeper than any task killer cach cleaner I've ever used. Ti Backup keeps my Android humming.

Sprint offered me my upgrade today, and I said no. I love my Kraven Opti S so much! I've never loved a phone this much, cept maybe my MotoQ

O:)

Thanks to theKraven and to everyone else here.

So, I want to play wirh ICS tonight. Which VD should I try first? Of course, I'll nandroid right back here!

Edit: Gonna try Lewa.

http://www.131records.com

Last edited:

hman333

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Google play ?? I just now found out about this. The gf was like, umm,...I think I broke my phone again, my market is missing an now there is this google play thing! her being on an evo4g that's got a custom rom on it. So I look into it, lo an behold, google's changed up music, books, market, maybe even more with this "play" thing. Soo.... do we download it safely on our kravenized handsets? will it play nicely? Will I find myself nandroiding back to 10 min. ago? :)

no problems with it here, updated market and apps yesterday.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues with tethering? The native cm7 tether connects but isn't at all reliable. Open garden says I have a wired tether I need to shut down.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

A couple new builds. Currently uploading.

3-7c
Download http://tinyw.in/eS6y
MD5 1a05141d064d18216a75cf1fc5b44df7
Latest cyanogen sync, now 7.2 rc1
Mostly fixes for ics rotations
Fixes for alarm clock hanging in landscape mode
Added jerryscript's notification backdrop changing
Bobzhome 3.7 kernel

3-7d
Download http://tinyw.in/oFgq
MD5 58a05ab6a63acc1e24970e517e246a1c
Latest cyanogen sync, now 7.2 rc1
Mostly fixes for ics rotations
Fixes for alarm clock hanging in landscape mode
Added jerryscript's notification backdrop changing
Bobzhome 3.7 kernel
Market fix by jerryscript by disabling 01mvdalvik should prevent out of space market errors. From this post http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...rgans-unofficial-cm7-1-a-463.html#post1642462
" The script made it appear as if you had more space than the market could use. This script was causing the market to think you didn't have enough space to install an app, sometimes even if you had 100mb free. With the script removed, you see the actual amount of space available to the market, so any space not available errors you get from the market are now, for the most part, legitimate. "

Last edited:

CardcaptorRLH85

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

I wish that I'd known that you were going to post another build so soon. I'd have waited a couple days before doing my clean install.... Oh well, it's all good. Thanks for the new ROM ^_^

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I wish that I'd known that you were going to post another build so soon. I'd have waited a couple days before doing my clean install.... Oh well, it's all good. Thanks for the new ROM ^_^

I wiped cache and dahlik and dirty flashed 3/7c with no issues yet. I also did 3/7d and was immediately informed that I was out of of room, so I went back to 3/7c, since the market (playpen ;) ) out of space error never occurred for me.

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

About an hour after dirty flashing, my phone crashed and rebooted....not quite sure why.....but it doesn't usually do that. I wasn't even using it. It was just sitting on my desk. Just thought I would let you know.
I've been OC'd to 748 max. 245 min.

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

I've never had a successful dirty flash, something always started acting up or the phone would glitch.

Never had issues when I did fresh installs - they always worked well.

garbb

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

For some reason I have issues with bluetooth and battery life with this ROM and not with any other ZVD roms. Basically with wifi off and bluetooth turned on and not paired or connected to anything the battery will drop about 30% in 8 hours. With BT off it only drops a few percent. (this is with the phone completely idle otherwise) It will not last thru the day without dying. I have tested the same conditions with other roms and the battery will only drop about 1-2% in the same time period with BT on.
I have tested this with another optimus S to rule out it being a problem with the individual handset and have seen the same results.

Can any dev possibly look into this issue? I really like this rom but I can't use it because I need to use bluetooth.

I would be happy to provide logs or anything like that if it would help.

avelis26

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Trying to get the 3-7d build but the links are broken :(

If anyone has an alt link I would love to flash my phone today and update.

P.s is here going to be an updated gapps zip ? last one i can see was back on 1/16/11

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys91