[ROM] CM7-TG-Reloaded (Final: 03-25)

ryan770

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM7-TG-Reloaded

I'm extremely new to all this flashing and rooting stuff, so bear with me.

I've successfully flashed the CM7 rom, but none of my apps are showing up. When flashing and doing all that CWM stuff, do you end up actually deleting it all your apps? What about everything on the SD card? I had quite a few apps loaded on my SD card and nothing is showing up. I'm not sure if it's all still there or if during the flashing process it all got deleted.

edit:
Alright I've come to understand that installing a new rom pretty much wipes everything and starts you over.
So what do I do once I get everything back and another update comes along and I have to flash again?

Last edited:

zajrik

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

I'm extremely new to all this flashing and rooting stuff, so bear with me.

I've successfully flashed the CM7 rom, but none of my apps are showing up. When flashing and doing all that CWM stuff, do you end up actually deleting it all your apps? What about everything on the SD card? I had quite a few apps loaded on my SD card and nothing is showing up. I'm not sure if it's all still there or if during the flashing process it all got deleted.

edit:
Alright I've come to understand that installing a new rom pretty much wipes everything and starts you over.
So what do I do once I get everything back and another update comes along and I have to flash again?

In my experience, when you're flashing an update to your current ROM from the same developer, you're only wiping your cache and your Dalvik-cache, so you're not actually doing a factory wipe (data and whatnot) when you're just updating your ROM. Meaning your apps will remain unwiped. Last time I updated on my OV, all my apps, my layout, all my contacts and everything remained intact. If you're switching to a ROM different than your current, you do need to wipe data and everything. In that instance, it's best to use an app that can back up all your apps like Titanium Backup.

So, just get all your apps back, get settled in, and in the future you shouldn't have to worry about it unless you're switching ROMs. Always make a Nandroid backup before you update just in case, and it never hurts to back up your apps and contacts seperately, too.

ryan770

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
In my experience, when you're flashing an update to your current ROM from the same developer, you're only wiping your cache and your Dalvik-cache, so you're not actually doing a factory wipe (data and whatnot) when you're just updating your ROM. Meaning your apps will remain unwiped. Last time I updated on my OV, all my apps, my layout, all my contacts and everything remained intact. If you're switching to a ROM different than your current, you do need to wipe data and everything. In that instance, it's best to use an app that can back up all your apps like Titanium Backup.

So, just get all your apps back, get settled in, and in the future you shouldn't have to worry about it unless you're switching ROMs. Always make a Nandroid backup before you update just in case, and it never hurts to back up your apps and contacts seperately, too.
Alright thanks! I did make a nandroid backup and I restored so it's all good.

Although once I flashed the rom and gapps again, market kept trying to download my old apps and then gave me a download error each time I tried to download titanium backup.

I've restored again for now but I might return again later.

zajrik

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Alright thanks! I did make a nandroid backup and I restored so it's all good.

Although once I flashed the rom and gapps again, market kept trying to download my old apps and then gave me a download error each time I tried to download titanium backup.

I've restored again for now but I might return again later.

Best of luck to you. At least Market keeps records of the apps you've purchased or had installed previously. It'd be hell remembering them all offhand.

Side note, I just updated my rom again a little bit ago. Only made a nandroid to play it safe, cleared cache and dalvik cache, and flashed. No data loss or anything. You just have to make sure to back up your apps to get them reinstalled after you flash a new rom and you're good to go.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

New 01-07 build uploaded. Check post #1 & #2 for link & changelog. If upgrading, just wipe cache AND dalvik-cache before flashing, it should keep all your user data & settings.

In the spirit of new years resolutions (what? a ROM needs to go to the gym once in a while too). These apps can safely be removed if you don't use them (it's from a script that I run after every new CM7 install on my MT.

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
mount -o rw,remount /system
rm /system/media/bootanimation.zip
rm /system/app/ADWLauncher.apk       # IF you have another launcher already installed.
rm /system/app/Androidian.apk
rm /system/app/AndroidTerm.apk       # Market version is more up-to-date
rm /system/app/Calculator.apk        # I prefer RealCalc
rm /system/app/CMStats.apk
rm /system/app/CMUpdateNotify.apk
rm /system/app/CMWallpapers.apk
rm /system/app/Cyanbread.apk
rm /system/app/DSPManager.apk
rm /system/app/Email.apk
rm /system/app/Gallery3D.apk         # Quickpic is much nicer replacement
rm /system/app/LiveWallpapers.apk
rm /system/app/LiveWallpapersPicker.apk
rm /system/app/MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk
rm /system/app/Pacman.apk
rm /system/app/Protips.apk
rm /system/app/ThemeChooser.apk
rm /system/app/ThemeManager.apk
rm /system/app/VisualizationWallpapers.apk
rm /system/app/VpnServices.apk

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

Im on 01-07 build and phone still doesnt deep sleep. Unplugged it at around 1am and it was fully charged. I had wifi,3g and bluetooth off. Just woke up around 5am and phone was super hot and it was dead. This has been happening for the past 2 weeks and its gettin really annoyin waking up to a dead phone. It also happens durin school. Phone is dead by the time i get out of school. My cpu settings are Max-1.4 and Min-122 on Interactive. Im also undervolted with the more aggressive settings. Could that be the problem? This wouldnt happen before. Hope this problem can get fixed. Thanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Im on 01-07 build and phone still doesnt deep sleep. Unplugged it at around 1am and it was fully charged. I had wifi,3g and bluetooth off. Just woke up around 5am and phone was super hot and it was dead. This has been happening for the past 2 weeks and its gettin really annoyin waking up to a dead phone. It also happens durin school. Phone is dead by the time i get out of school. My cpu settings are Max-1.4 and Min-122 on Interactive. Im also undervolted with the more aggressive settings. Could that be the problem? This wouldnt happen before. Hope this problem can get fixed. Thanks
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That kind of drain is too fast even for the partial wakelock problem. You probably have something else draining. Install the BetteryBatteryStats app and see what the "partial wakelock" and "kernel wakelock" processes are.

moparmaniac

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site

I have a question for the group. I am running CM7-TG-Beta 8 on my Truimph. Haven't really had any major issues....until I bought a new car last month.

Car is a 2012 Charger with the UConnect system. Phone works great via bluetooth everytime but the music audio is another story. If I set up a new connection it will connect to my phone and play just fine.

If I turn off bluetooth on my phone or turn off the car and return later and try to use the bluetooth connection it won't play music any more.

It will successfully connect to the car, and watching the phone I can see it changing songs via the radio but the songs are either a) paused and will not play and stay paused when you switch to any other song (happens almost every time) or b) will play but there is no audio (only happened once).

If I delete the pairing and re-add it it will work again...but it's always a one time deal. very frustrating.

I've only read one other post similar to my issue and they went back to the stock rom and it fixed their problem.

My question is....is there anything updated in this release that may perhaps fix my issues?????

Thanks!
Mike

dhwagner

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM7-TG-Reloaded (Latest: 01-14)

I really appreciate your work on this ROM for the Triumph -
What is the story behind BT and WiFi not working at the same time?
Is a fix coming or is this something that is not possible?
I wear hearing aids that receives BT and I use it all the time - but have to turn the BT off when I want to use WIFI - if I stream from WIFI I cannot use BT to listen?
So a fix would be nice if possible.

I am not complaining just wishing - and again I really appreciate your work.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Tickerguy spent some time looking at it when he was active, and he said that both modules keep interrupting each other and logs a lot of msgs to the point of bogging the phone down. I'm assuming there isn't an easy fix.

The latest 01-14 build I just uploaded has a new feature to keep BT wake lock to help those that say BT dies if they're on a long phone call. Not sure if this will help the pairing issue.

Reactions: dhwagner

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Will i keep all my apps and data if i simply just update my rom.zip?

Always wipe cache & dalvik-cache before flashing a ROM, which keeps settings, but if your prev ROM is a non-CM7 ROM, then you need to also do a factory reset too, which erases settings, but that is only needed once moving between ROMs.

Reactions: wives1989

Tommy Javier

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

I have a question im new to this and i wanted to know where could i find the latest Ticker guys cm7 for the evo shift? Some assistance would gladly be appreciated.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

TickerGuy & the TG-Reloaded ROMs are only for the Motorola Triumph. Evo Shift may or may not have a CM7 ROM. You'll have better luck asking in that forum instead of here.

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM7-TG-Reloaded (Latest: 01-21)

So I would only need to wipe cache and dalvic? Does this mean I wont have to redo all my data? If so that really convenient

dhwagner

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM7-TG-Reloaded (Latest: 01-25)

It still seems the BT and Wifi running at the same time has problems? Anyone else experiencing this?

Well ignore the line above - I just reinstalled by deleting the dalvik cache first and the reinstalling and it seems to be working - thanks again.

Last edited: