[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

Conker1r

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 6/26 ZVD basesband Alpha16

A lot of folks seem to have that problem; I seem to have lucked out...the solution was mentioned on the first page in getting some video player from Google Play store...
Sent from a Purple LG-LS670 with CM9...the New Wolzard Phone...yes.

Yes, it was to use MX Player

Reactions: Shinkenred

jasonjreed516

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site

I know these posts are fairly old, but I am new to this. I have installed the CM9 on my LG Optimus S and I couldn't be any happier with my phone now. Everything about this ROM is great as well as all the features. My pic messaging did not work before I flashed the ROM, as well as my You Tube, and GPS, but thanks to the CM9 everything works like it should. It's like I have a brand new phone without forking out all the cash to get a new one. Big thanks to the devs.

amskhan

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

hey if i forgot to flash gapps/dl it can i just reboot.. to the ro without gapps. go back nto recovery and flash gapps?

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

So... I'm working on testing 3G speed... (I may need to revert to reborn for a while to see if that manifests similar behavior... OR perhaps it was just because it was yesterday and sprint broke something on their network... not sure) I know if anything was downloading in the background (gmail) my speed would appear to go in the toilet... sometimes it would be blazing fast... I'm unsure how reliable speedtest is for analyzing network speed on these devices...

Also, is there any sort of log that's stored for a longer period of time for this ROM? My son managed to cause the latest 16 to spontaneously reboot while playing games while we waited to watch fireworks last night...

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Also, is there any sort of log that's stored for a longer period of time for this ROM? My son managed to cause the latest 16 to spontaneously reboot while playing games while we waited to watch fireworks last night...

Get a copy of /proc/last_kmsg.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Stole ( :) )this from quattrimus cm9-nightly-20120705.changelog:
Code:
========================================
device/lge/thunderc-common ...
commit 70077436f94636c55b789dcc4751368a6a695857
Author: Xxxxxx Xxxxxxx <tdm.code@gmail.com>

Workaround for mismatched AudioSystemLegacy.h.

Might this be related to the audio lib boot animation hang some of us are experiencing?

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

Get a copy of /proc/last_kmsg.

I couldn't find "/proc/last_kmsg"... found /proc/kmsg... but I don't think that would be meaningful...

When I say it rebooted, I saw the "LG logo and the boot animation again...

Not sure this would be of any help, but...

current dmesg -> [DOS] dmesg - Pastebin.com
current logcat -> [DOS] logcat - Pastebin.com

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Going back a few pages, there was questions about hardware changes/revs on the Opti S... It seems to me that between zv9 and zvc? there was a hardware change that was at minimum a different video configuration... (you wouldn't have video if you downgraded those phones to zv9 so you could use the current rooting method...) not sure that it helps...

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
All my searches show an LCD display change, but chip level can be small enough to not be documented or cause problems in only in custom rom.

-via LG-LS670 w tdm quattrimus ICS & Tapatalk 2

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Stole ( :) )this from quattrimus cm9-nightly-20120705.changelog:
Code:
device/lge/thunderc-common ...
commit 70077436f94636c55b789dcc4751368a6a695857
Author: Xxxxxx Xxxxxxx <tdm.code@gmail.com>

Workaround for mismatched AudioSystemLegacy.h.

Might this be related to the audio lib boot animation hang some of us are experiencing?

Way to be alert. :) unfortunately, no, this is just a way to avoid forking the hardware_legacy project.

Reactions: Pkt_Lnt

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't find "/proc/last_kmsg"... found /proc/kmsg... but I don't think that would be meaningful...

When I say it rebooted, I saw the "LG logo and the boot animation again...

Not sure this would be of any help, but...

current dmesg -> [DOS] dmesg - Pastebin.com
current logcat -> [DOS] logcat - Pastebin.com

Hmm .. if it reboots to the lg logo you typically get a last_kmsg. That is a recovered copy of the crashed kernel log. It should provide valuable hints on what caused the reboot. The running info won't help, unfortunately.

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

Hmm .. if it reboots to the lg logo you typically get a last_kmsg. That is a recovered copy of the crashed kernel log. It should provide valuable hints on what caused the reboot. The running info won't help, unfortunately.

Understood... (this was critical in finding the audiolib watchdog bite on the cm9 install on the touchpad...) but it wasn't there... and afaik, I haven't restarted this phone since it spontaneously restarted last night...

hman333

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm also getting the boot hang for all versions of alpha 16. I can test/confirm any different configurations if needed for more info.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Pkt_Lnt

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Wipe system and cache, then delete the bootanimation.zip inside the alpha16 zip. And flash with signature off. There's two settings that preload the bootanimation, but could be filling up the memory unnecessarily. Otherwise, use quattrimus till this gets worked out. At least it narrowed down a bit, and not the latest audio patches, but could be a bad sync on my part when cm9 was in the middle of commits.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Wipe system and cache, then delete the bootanimation.zip inside the alpha16 zip. And flash with signature off. There's two settings that preload the bootanimation, but could be filling up the memory unnecessarily. Otherwise, use quattrimus till this gets worked out. At least it narrowed down a bit, and not the latest audio patches, but could be a bad sync on my part when cm9 was in the middle of commits.

Still stuck in the ANDROID boot animation with the bootanimation.zip deleted from /system/media. Logcat looks the same.

I am having trouble doing a locat redirect from within an adb shell. "logcat > c:\logcat.txt" gives a file not found, any help for a brain freeze/fart. Window cmd buffer at 999 does not capture the cycle that goes around and around.

edit -
duh, I need to not do it from a shell but just the cmd window "adb logcat > logcat.txt"

Last edited:

garbb

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

16E runs pretty damn great. If it wasn't for voice search and video playback issues I would probably use it as a daily driver.

It looks like the issue where the phone was not going to sleep when bluetooth was turned on has been fixed. I don't suppose there are any plans to back port that to CM7? Or is that rom no longer under development?

Also, it looks like the option for "regulatory domain" to allow for usage of wifi channels 12-14 in not available in advanced wifi settings. Is there any way to enable that that anyone knows of?

garbb

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Do you mean the kernel at the link at the bottom of this post or something else?
I tried this kernel with CM7 and unfortunately the bluetooth sleep issue remains.
Hmm...I guess I really shouldn't continue talking about this in this thread, sorry.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam_274