[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

chedder66

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 for Sprint LS670 ZVD basesband on

I love this rom so far... I just have one question. Is everyone getting the TTS to work in google navigation? The only thing I could get to work was to install an older gmaps apk (6.5). Also, in doing this, somehow all the buttons now moved to the top, squishing the search bar. Anyone know how to fix the TTS (and now the search bar for me)?

KidFr3sH

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

What VM fix do I use for alpha 18 nd does it corrupt anything on the from I read it disables sum features ? :eek:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

jgdiaz731

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

I'm also getting the everything smushed at the top on the newest market version of Google maps and also in the Gmail app. I also have the phone app pushing all the shortcuts at the top (phone, recent calls, and favorite contacts) to the left while adding the search the top. Not sure if this is normal. I just switched from quattrimus.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

williek113

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 for Sprint LS670 ZVD basesband on

Theres something realllllly minor that annoys me so much about this rom. Sometimes, since I dont really like to get my usb and do that stuff, i just use an adapter and take out the sd card (properly ejecting of course), when I put the sd card back in doing all the ejecting properly, it says that I have a damaged sd card. I put the sd card back into my computer and it works perfectly. But then I just reboot and put the sd card back in. Nothing to worry about really, but I just thought I'd say it...

eddie098

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

can you or someone send me the gapps zip to flash everone i tried gave me negative space one the lg optimus s then it only let me install a few apps ?

JRansomed

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site

That's odd. I used the one linked in the first post. (The one with the old voice search). It worked on two phones so far. I wonder if something has gone amiss with the loading of the Rom on your phone.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

weriov

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

Been on this ROM for about four days now, and I'm absolutely loving it. Runs smooth as silk (especially with the EGL patch installed) and most features work perfectly. Just a couple hitches I've run into so far:
- Still experiencing clock lag (not a surprise, since it seems like most people are)
- As expected, my voice search button no longer works. The app itself works fine; is there any way to re-map the button?
- System > Battery shows a wildly inaccurate time on battery reading. Four or five hours after I've unplugged the phone, it thinks it's been on batter for fifteen minutes. Not sure why this would be.
- Just once, I had a problem with mobile data that required rebooting the phone. Haven't been able to duplicate this so far, so there's a good chance it was just a fluke.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced either of the last two. All in all, though, this has been a great experience so far, and I'm definitely planning on making it my daily. Big kudos to Kraven and everyone else who's contributed to this ROM!

jgdiaz731

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Been on this ROM for about four days now, and I'm absolutely loving it. Runs smooth as silk (especially with the EGL patch installed) and most features work perfectly. Just a couple hitches I've run into so far:
- Still experiencing clock lag (not a surprise, since it seems like most people are)
- As expected, my voice search button no longer works. The app itself works fine; is there any way to re-map the button?
- System > Battery shows a wildly inaccurate time on battery reading. Four or five hours after I've unplugged the phone, it thinks it's been on batter for fifteen minutes. Not sure why this would be.
- Just once, I had a problem with mobile data that required rebooting the phone. Haven't been able to duplicate this so far, so there's a good chance it was just a fluke.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced either of the last two. All in all, though, this has been a great experience so far, and I'm definitely planning on making it my daily. Big kudos to Kraven and everyone else who's contributed to this ROM!

What is the EGL patch? I'm just someone looking to improve my phones performance any way. Thanks

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

What is the EGL patch? I'm just someone looking to improve my phones performance any way. Thanks

It already has the EGL patch.

To answer bj, you will need to do all the wipes coming from a different rom. Any full updates just need caches wiped. But I do system also. There will always be patches and test. kernels released, but will be alpha 18 for awhile. If you want stay on the zvj baseband, there's a patch for that floating around.

Last edited:

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Hello Kraven,

I currently have an LG Optimus S running HydroROM, but I am going to take a chance and try out this ROM. I have heard great things about this ROM from Drew and others. Before I do, I have a few quick questions:

1. - According to your post, it looks like 'Alpha 18b' is the current version of your ROM. Is this true? Also, are you about to release another newer version and if so when? I'm just wondering if I should wait for a newer version if you are about to release one.

2. - How are future updates handled for this ROM? Are you releasing patches or am I going to have to 'wipe data' every time there is a new version?

3. - Does the current version (Alpha 18b) currently have the latest fixes (i.e., SprintVVMFix2) or do I have to download those separately?

4. - Lastly, does this ROM support the infamous 'Data2EXT' MOD? I have had 'Data2EXT' working starting with RebornROM, then Your-MOM ROM and currently with HydroROM.

5. - Your post says that this only works with ZVD, yet I see a Kernel patch for ZVJ. Does this ROM work with ZVJ if we install that Kernel? If so, which one do you recommend?

Can't wait to try out this ROM.

Thanks!

BJ

Maybe102

May 6, 2011
Visit site

Love the Rom but I had random reboots also when it rebooted it went directly to charge when plugged in unplugged reboot normal when plugged in and reboots even manual reboot went direct to charge state . Also texts lagged in received that could be carrier as I'm flashed to cricket clock lag too. Had to switch to diff. Rom due to random boots would love to go back if that can be figured out :)

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site

One more question...

Does this ROM block OTA updates to ZVJ?

Thx!

BJ

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

It's has cache/dalvik/apps to sd-ext built in from quattrimus. You just need the sd-ext partition on your sdcard prior to a clean install. Besure to make nandroid/backups prior to wiping. The OTA thing is just on sprint roms.

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Aaah ok. So, I don't have to enable 'Data2EXT' via ADB command line? All I have to do is to make sure that I have a properly formatted SD Card prior to installing the ROM?

Sent from my Toshiba THRiVE using Tapatalk 2

DoomMunky

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

I found thy this didn't quite work well enough yet to use all the time. There were data connection issues that really got to me. It just didn't seem to connect to data as much as it should. I found if I disabled then reenabled data it would usually work. Usually. That's one area I don't want unstable, though. Great work overall kraven , and thanks.

memsman

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I found thy this didn't quite work well enough yet to use all the time. There were data connection issues that really got to me. It just didn't seem to connect to data as much as it should. I found if I disabled then reenabled data it would usually work. Usually. That's one area I don't want unstable, though. Great work overall kraven , and thanks.

For me, these problems appeared after 17f.

Maybe102

May 6, 2011
Visit site

I almost didn't wake up to my alarm due to the reboot lol

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2