[ROM][ICS][Aug 18, 2012] Android Open Kang Project [Stable 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

osc006

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Any suggestions to fix GPS not locking

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Flash EL26 and get a good GPS lock....then flash the S1 again. It fixed my GPS issues. I now lock almost instantly and very accurate.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Any suggestions to fix GPS not locking

Temp flash EL29, get a lock using GPS Status, power off, reflash AOKP. Look back several posts in this thread for the link to a video that shows how to do it.

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Does the "disable camera shutter sound" work on Stable 1? It worked on RC4/RC5...but it doesn't seem to be silent with my S1 flash.

I think you might be hearing The focus sound in your case. try going to the camera setting And turning off focus sounds. That might be what you're talking about.

Edit

Never mind you're right. I just tested and my camera sound won't mute as well. Its not just focus sound. Sorry for the mistake

elport

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
You don't. Update Profile, Update PRL and dialer programming codes are not available on E4GT AOSP ROMs (yet). In order to do these things, the best/easiest option is to "temp flash" EL29 then flash back to your AOSP ROM. It's quite easy and you don't lose any data or settings in the process.

Here's qbking77's video walkthrough on how to do it: How to Temporary Boot Stock EL29 on the Samsung Epic 4G Touch - YouTube

Does the modem change when you do this?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Does the modem change when you do this?

No. The only time the modem will change is when flash it separately or via a full system TAR using Odin.

blars1206

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][July 25, 2012] Android Open Kang Project [Stable 1]

Anyway, DK, I flashed the FG20 modem and weird things started happening. First of all, after flashing I went to try out speedtest and it could not locate a server near me even though GPS was locked and someone over on sextapes thread was experiencing the same thing. I tried clearing data, rebooting, everything I could think of and nothing changed it.

So, I flashed back to FF18 modem and I am still experiencing the same problems. I did not have any of these issues before flashing that modem. I usually keep GPS off unless I need it and just let apps locate me through cell towers, but now none of them can, I tried downloading new apps to see if they could locate me without GPS and they cannot. Do you know what I can do to fix this?

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Folks,

I gotta call something out and hope you guys don't take offense to it.

When linking to something, such as FG20 modem, common courtesy is that you usually give a shout out to the person who originally provided it... in this case, sextape of XDA.

The other and honestly more egregious issue is the re-linking to something from another site but adding a click revenue generator to it before going to the link when you didn't originally post it. Nothing personal but I gotta flag it to mods and will suggest you correct the link ASAP.

So again, you can find the links here for FG20. FG26 rdf was posted yesterday for Sprint/Boost so there may be more in the works soon. Thanks again to sextape and labelexpired for their work on these.. and again keep an eye out for more possibly soon!

Sorry for the confusion. @ Dealism please remove the link.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I love XDA it is a great resource and there are many good helpful people. All I'm saying (if you are reading this Mr. XDA secret agent) is instead of coming over here and scolding us all like a group of misbehaving children, why don't you send the specifically accused a pm and explain the situation so that it may be resolved. He may not have been aware that he was doing any wrong.

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

Club XDA'ers are trolling this thread like apple trolling patents. Everyone watch yourself :what:

Was actually a member of AC longer than I've been on XDA (by a couple of weeks)... just haven't been posting much on here since I went from the Optimus S to the E4GT.

In the future I'll PM the person, flag the mods and not spam the thread. Don't like singling people out but if that's the way the community prefers it then so be it. :shrugs:

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

Was actually a member of AC longer than I've been on XDA (by a couple of weeks)... just haven't been posting much on here since I went from the Optimus S to the E4GT.

In the future I'll PM the person, flag the mods and not spam the thread.

No redirect was added to the link... I could care less about revenue. That was a copy and paste from an xda link.. my bad its gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174