ARCHIVED: [ROM] Reborn ROM v2.2.4 - 7/24/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

quietude38

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Btw - anyone else experience random reboots when using SetCPU?

Haven't since I installed it yesterday.

I need to do a full charge overnight to be sure, but it seems like battery life has improved tremendously over stock or TR 1.8.3. I've been using the phone pretty hard today after starting at about 80 percent and I'm down to only 35 right now.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Btw - anyone else experience random reboots when using SetCPU?

The reboots wouldn't necessarily be from setcpu but rather from using setcpu to OC at a level your processor is not comfortable with. Same results would happen with OC widget or editing the ramdisk to a place your phone can't handle. I'd suggest starting with the 748 (which it's set at by default) and slowly over the course of a couple weeks going up. You'll know when you hit the magic spot. Not all phones are built equally. Beezy's phone can run 864 like it's built for it and not a single reboot. If i tried 864 i would be in ::to the tune of cat scratch fever:: boot loop heaven!!!

Reactions: nre999

nre999

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
The reboots wouldn't necessarily be from setcpu but rather from using setcpu to OC at a level your processor is not comfortable with. Same results would happen with OC widget or editing the ramdisk to a place your phone can't handle. I'd suggest starting with the 748 (which it's set at by default) and slowly over the course of a couple weeks going up. You'll know when you hit the magic spot. Not all phones are built equally. Beezy's phone can run 864 like it's built for it and not a single reboot. If i tried 864 i would be in ::to the tune of cat scratch fever:: boot loop heaven!!!

Thanks! I should remember my processor lessons from back in the day... They are finicky to be sure.

Ok what should the Min Sample Rate be set to? Mine was -1

UPDATE: that worked - thanks so much!!!

Last edited:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks! I should remember my processor lessons from back in the day... They are finicky to be sure.

Ok what should the Min Sample Rate be set to? Mine was -1

UPDATE: that worked - thanks so much!!!

Glad it worked! Realistically, 750MHz is a 25% increase in CPU power over stock (600MHz). In the big picture, what does a 26.5% really gain you over 25%? The obvious answer is 1.25% more than 25%, but in user experience? OC widget, setcpu etc etc they take up precious space in /data/app, which we all cherish on this phone and you might squeek out a little more processing power but is it worth it? We've got it setup so without any extra apps you immediately get 25% extra horsepower outta the processor over stock. It runs smooth, no lag, stable as an ox. Use it, and enjoy it :)

itony

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Loving it so far! thanks guys

just out of curiousity are either of you guys,ksmith or nick using any launchers or going with the regular? i really like how you changed the dock to 5 icons instead of the stock 3

also on that note, any work being put in to window transition animations when you change pages like on go launcher? not even a problem, just wondering

minor annoyance that i'll get over but just has to take getting used to:

i'm using ime keyboard with phone keypad style and when i had to put in a password which of course you need to use ABC instead of xt9 if you press too quickly it will just keep inputting the first letter instead of changing to the next letter allocated to that key...any possible quick fix? heck it's not that big a deal i don't put in that many passwords anyway

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Loving it so far! thanks guys

just out of curiousity are either of you guys,ksmith or nick using any launchers or going with the regular? i really like how you changed the dock to 5 icons instead of the stock 3
I use launcher that comes with the ROM. I'm a sense guy at heart so seeing expresso makes me happy. Also .... the app drawer categories are pretty sweet huh?
also on that note, any work being put in to window transition animations when you change pages like on go launcher? not even a problem, just wondering
Nah, the launcher isn't open source it's a port of an existing closed source launcher so something like that would be just too time consuming.
minor annoyance that i'll get over but just has to take getting used to:

i'm using ime keyboard with phone keypad style and when i had to put in a password which of course you need to use ABC instead of xt9 if you press too quickly it will just keep inputting the first letter instead of changing to the next letter allocated to that key...any possible quick fix? heck it's not that big a deal i don't put in that many passwords anyway
Ready for me to make your day? press and hold the key. So if you want a "c" press and hold the ABC key and see what happens ;)

Reactions: itony

jakemuse

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
So.. since there's a convoluted process for voicemail now and the old app doesn't work anymore... what if I just want to listen to my old voicemails that I've saved with TitaniumBackup?

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
So.. since there's a convoluted process for voicemail now and the old app doesn't work anymore... what if I just want to listen to my old voicemails that I've saved with TitaniumBackup?

Hmm...

I went ahead and installed the voicemail app that Nick had on his website, the V2 version.

I've had no issues with it so far on Nameless.

I flashed Nameless V1 over nRom 1.6 - not sure if there are issues if you used ThunderRom?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Stock theme (non modded) won't let the phone boot. Can someone else please confirm?

Instructions to use Nameless ROM:
*MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING. THIS IS NOT AN OPTION.*

1. Download Nameless ROM. Do not open it, do not extract it, do not rename it.
2. Place on root of sdcard
2. Reboot to recovery.
3. Wipe data,cache,dalvik
4. Flash Nameless ROM.
5. Let the ROM fully boot.
Note: If you plan on flashing a theme from post #3 then you can skip step 6 and replace it with a theme rather than noIQagent.zip. The themes have the noIQagent patch built in. Steps 7-9 still need to be followed but using the theme rather than the noIQagent patch.
6. Download noIQagent.zip
7. Reboot to recovery.
DO NOT WIPE DATA DURING THIS STEP.
8. Flash noIQagent.zip
9. Reboot and enjoy!
Note: If you would like to wipe data at any point after installation you will need to flash repeat the entire installation procedure.

I've bolded and underlined the step from post #1 that i believe you missed. My guess is you flashed the ROM, skipped step 5, flashed noIQagent.

Robchaos_

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site

Just out of curiosity, why doesn't vvm work with this rom? It is built off of the official source code. Does it require ciq or is there another reason?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, why doesn't vvm work with this rom? It is built off of the official source code. Does it require ciq or is there another reason?

Some people are having luck with it working. When i tried it in testing, after flashing the noIQ it kept texting (literally texting the phone) and notifying of new messages despite no messages being available.

ssconceptz

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Loving this rom!

I do have a few suggestions...

a) add power controls in the notifications bar as seen in CyanogenMod

b) include a zip for Gingerbread keyboard

c) Green 3g and wifi icons for Gingerbread theme

d) add JIT toggle if it isn't already enabled

That's all I can think of as of now but great work.

Sent via NAMELESS Optimus S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katcragon