[ROM][Repost][06/05/11] Comm ROM 2.1 (UKB) from TSM **Updated 06/20/11**

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
HI im currently running UKB2.0 could anyone assist me with the link for Kernel 1.6. Also how do i go about unlocking the 100Mhz on the phone. Thanks

OTB 1.6 kernel can be found in post #4 of JaeKar99's Themes, ROMs, kernels, and boot animations thread here:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...t-animations-combined-resource-6-07-11-a.html

In order to enable the 100Mhz step, after flashing the kernel while you are still in CWM, there is an option, I believe under advanced, to either enable or disable the 100Mhz step

Reactions: sharvis14

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I am guessing there are more people having no problems that just aren't saying anything, then there are people with problems. Not too many people say that everything is fine, and i think thats what may shy some of us away from doing this.

That's very true. But, if everyone did post that their phone was working great. it would fill the thread with essentially useless posts and make it harder for Landshark and others to help answer questions and deal with issues. All that said, it's good to hear that everything is running great for you! Same here!

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Sharky this mean now u need to keep updating the themes section of this post.....Great work bringing this over for everyone.

land shark!!!! out of all the updates since dec 2010, this new UKB 2.0 has to be the best..
if it will give me a solid signal, then it will be my first.
i admit i am not up to date on whats happening and the language,, but this is the best especially with gunners red volt theme

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Been using this for 24 hours now and it seems like descent ROM to use, can't really complain, haven't gotten much time with it to see how it responds. One problem I've noticed is Weatherbug FC on me. Done it nonstop. IDK. It's the only app that's doing it.

I'd like to point out that the TW4 above theme FC on the camera, so to me its not a useable theme at all. I really liked it but not having a camera sucks. I went back to the standard 2.0 Rom theme and camera works fine. Hopefully they will get that fixed soon.

EDIT: I'm hoping this version has a stable Bluetooth to it. My phone & my wife's phone, using 1.3 ROM, would intermittently drop off the grid using bluetooth in our vehicles. Start vehicle, there it was. Then it was gone. But phone still showed it connected. And at times I'd get a FC from it saying Pandora caused it. So, IDK if that got fixed or not.

1.3 is absolutely terrible with bluetooth, I too am hoping that it's improved in 2.0. My bluetooth headset will connect *once* after turning the phone on, any time after that and the phone acts like theres no bluetooth device available at all. Reboot the phone, headset connects just fine. Serious pain in the ***.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Giving 2.0 a try today. It came as no surprise that the signatures in the email.apk included in the rom don't work (just like they didnt work in ComRom 1.3, and didnt work in superclean 2.0, and didnt work in superclean 1.0... Sigh.) Just FYI to others, if you care about your email signature you will have to swap the apk out with the stock one from the deodexed ED01 rom Ardynaline released. You will want to do this before bothering with the settings, because the stock APK will ignore any settings you put into the "new" one.

nycdoc

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
corner clock and bottom taskbar questions

sorry if i may be repeating previous questions but how do i restore the clock in the upper right corner and is there a way to increase the icons in the bottom task bar?

thanx

Mangojoyride

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
look in the phone settings, TSM Parts, and then status bar settings. you'll find the option in there.

granted, not all of those are instant options. alot of those need a full reboot for it to show the change on the status bar even if it doesnt say it needs to be rebooted

Reactions: nycdoc

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
sorry if i may be repeating previous questions but how do i restore the clock in the upper right corner and is there a way to increase the icons in the bottom task bar?

thanx

To fix the clock, go into settings, TSM parts, statusbar settings, Text Color and if the dot in the center of the wheel is white, click it, then back all the way out to your home screen and reboot. If it doesn't work the first time (it always has for me), just do it again. As far as the dock icons, you would have to use a custom Launcher (Launcher Pro+, ADW EX, Go Launcher, etc.).

ThomB

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Let me start with I am new to mods,ROMS etc Two weeks ago after reading Landshark's excellent instructions I flashed the CommROM V1.3 onto my phone. I left the original kernel on the phone. Three days ago again following Landshark's instructions I flashed the Comm ROM 2.0 (UKB) with the -50 PBJ voodoo kernel. I have had no problems so far and very happy with it. Battery life is 2 1/2 times better than stock. I ran a benchmark using the Quadrant program before and after flashing the 2.0. Results were Before:800 After:1625. I know there are several people involved in making these upgrades available and I want to thank everyone for their hard work.

nycdoc

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
To fix the clock, go into settings, TSM parts, statusbar settings, Text Color and if the dot in the center of the wheel is white, click it, then back all the way out to your home screen and reboot. If it doesn't work the first time (it always has for me), just do it again. As far as the dock icons, you would have to use a custom Launcher (Launcher Pro+, ADW EX, Go Launcher, etc.).
which one of those launchers are compatible?

abcs

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Email issues COM ROM 2.0

Hey guys,

I downloaded the new rom and everything works fine. The one problem I have when I click on email and go to compose, nothing pops up.

It allows me to reply to emails, and view new emails, but nothing occurs when I select compose.

Any ideas?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I downloaded the new rom and everything works fine. The one problem I have when I click on email and go to compose, nothing pops up.

It allows me to reply to emails, and view new emails, but nothing occurs when I select compose.

Any ideas?

Possibly a bad download and/or flash of the ROM. I just tried and it worked for me.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So just redownload it? Do i need to wipe everything again?

I would try a couple thing first. Go menu=>settings=>applications=>manage applications=>all=>email and try clearing cache and data, see if that helps. If that doesn't do it, boot to CWM, wipe cache and dalvik, reboot and see if you still have the problem. Last resort would be reflash ROM. If you've gotten to this point without a resolution no harm in trying to just wipe cache and dalvik then reflashing the ROM. That way if it works you don't have to wipe data, and if it doesn't, you were going to be forced to wipe data anyway at that point in order to do a good reflash. If you get to this point, don't forget to have everything backed up you need to before wiping data.

Reactions: abcs

abcs

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Sounds good. The other issue i was having was when i charge my phone over night, it says 100% and once i unplug it, it automatically drops to 75%. The phones battery life has been fine starting at 75, i was just wondering why it would drop like that?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sounds good. The other issue i was having was when i charge my phone over night, it says 100% and once i unplug it, it automatically drops to 75%. The phones battery life has been fine starting at 75, i was just wondering why it would drop like that?

You need to calibrate the battery. What the battery is reporting and what the phone are showing are not synced. Follow the first 4 steps in post #2 of this thread:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...8399-how-discussion-improve-battery-life.html

Pay particular attention to the Note above step 1 which tells you how to properly charge the battery to a full, complete 100% charge. Also between steps 3a and 3b your keyboard will disappear and you will need to hit the soft menu key and choose toggle keyboard to bring it back.

Also there is a circuit in our batteries that prevents overcharging. It does this by not accepting a charge once the battery reaches 100%, lets the battery drain to about 95%, then accepts a charge until it reaches 100%. It continues this cycle until you unplug the charger. So even though you charged overnight when you unplug you may immediately see a % between 95 & 100. Not a big deal.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Theme

UKB 2.0 with "Red Volt Theme" by gunnermike is the best yet

i still say someone needs to get rid of the old postings from last year...

Last edited: