[ROM]Superclean 2.8!! *UPDATED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Reposting this:

I have a problem and hope someone can help.........I am using the Froyo Super Clean Rom and when I take pictures they do not appear in the gallery but I can find them on the SD card........Same thing when it scans for music which is on the SD card and a similar problem with contacts on the card.........The card works fine and was fine with 2.1.......Any suggestions of what I can do?

Thanks!!

it may be a fileing system problem on your sd card. copy the card to your pc. format the sd card with the pc then the phone. copy the stuff back and see waht happens.

robt1

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
After flashing this and making the froyo upgrade im having a few problems. My email app wont load and i get force close errors. I also get audible touch tones with text messages despite having the setting turned off. Was silent mode done away with too? Pushing the volume down button does not go past vibrate.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
After flashing this and making the froyo upgrade im having a few problems. My email app wont load and i get force close errors. I also get audible touch tones with text messages despite having the setting turned off. Was silent mode done away with too? Pushing the volume down button does not go past vibrate.

no sounds like a bad flash. what version on cwm are you using?

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

It's actually under the keyboard settings as well, you'll have to turn it off under the keyboard you use to fix it. No bad flash, I had the same thing happen. HA! Finally knew a fix mike didn't! Means I've reached a mile stone in brickological logistics I believe.

Long press the power button to get at silent mode, it's not on the volume rocker anymore.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It's actually under the keyboard settings as well, you'll have to turn it off under the keyboard you use to fix it. No bad flash, I had the same thing happen. HA! Finally knew a fix mike didn't! Means I've reached a mile stone in brickological logistics I believe.

Long press the power button to get at silent mode, it's not on the volume rocker anymore.

good catch sheepy!!! i love that. did you notice the lock screen, when you pull the bar to the right it puts it on vibrate and not silent. thats awsome. i cant tell you how annoying it. i like it!

but dont forget about his force close thing sheepy. i still think bad flash. :p.

Reactions: Landshark

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

dont forget to thank the sheepster for his awsome insight into the vibrate silent thing.

Terminator02

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
btw, still haven't been able to get (adobe) flash... once again i've tried installing it from the market, then sideloading it, it just doesn't want to install

i just want it for kongregate arcade and hulu really >.>

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
good catch sheepy!!! i love that. did you notice the lock screen, when you pull the bar to the right it puts it on vibrate and not silent. thats awsome. i cant tell you how annoying it. i like it!

but dont forget about his force close thing sheepy. i still think bad flash. :p.
A-W-E-S-O-M-E. I saw the slider on the right side of the aosp lock screen, but never bothered to even look at what it was.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I would wipe cache and data for email first under manage applications. When in doubt use k9. It kicks the stock email in the junk from behind anyway.

robt1

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Reflashed and still had the same problems. Ended up fixing my problem by wiping all user data in recovery - now the email force close problem is gone. Thanks for the help gents.

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
So now that we've all had some time to spend with froyo and this ROM how are you guys fairing with batt. life? I love this ROM and froyo but I've barely used my phone this morning, pulled it off the charger at 6:00 and by 8:45 I was down to 75 percent. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Reflashed and still had the same problems. Ended up fixing my problem by wiping all user data in recovery - now the email force close problem is gone. Thanks for the help gents.

well theres your problem. anytime you flash a new rom you need to wipr data and cache. if you didnt do that when you flashed this rom from the begining stupid crap will happen. im surprised thats all that was happening.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
So now that we've all had some time to spend with froyo and this ROM how are you guys fairing with batt. life? I love this ROM and froyo but I've barely used my phone this morning, pulled it off the charger at 6:00 and by 8:45 I was down to 75 percent. Is anyone else experiencing this?

battery life deffinately blows goats, but you can help it along with the steps in the how to battery thread.

Dracolan

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
flash a theme.

Ok, i had Midnight 1.0 on my phone and was having the issue. Yesterday i updated to Midnight 1.2 and the long press issue was gone. was thinking that maybe it was the kernel i had orginally on the phone because from what i read v 1.2 on Midnight had a kernel with it. Oh well it works and i am happier now :D

MonkeyGrass

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

Follow the battery life thread instructions about charging to 100%, power off and keep it charging til it hits 100% again, turn it back on, charge back to 100%.

Then power off, reset battery stats, and run your battery down to 5-7% off that single charge. Plug back in, and charge back to 100% (preferably with the phone off, like overnight).

These steps WORK fellas. I'm actually getting as good/if not better battery life on DL30 now than I was from DL09 with a custom UV'd kernel.

After doing this two days ago, yesterday I used the phone for 16 hours and went to bed at 54% - with a couple hours of MP3's playback and streaming youtube, as well as the normal txt/email/phone/wifi usage. AND I was in a basement with crappy signal for about 8 of those hours. Gotta love the 3g toggle and WiFi!! :) I had to turn on a movie, crank it up to 100% brightness and let it run TWICE to drain the battery down to 5-6% before went to bed the other night.

Reactions: curley

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Follow the battery life thread instructions about charging to 100%, power off and keep it charging til it hits 100% again, turn it back on, charge back to 100%.

Then power off, reset battery stats, and run your battery down to 5-7% off that single charge. Plug back in, and charge back to 100% (preferably with the phone off, like overnight).

These steps WORK fellas. I'm actually getting as good/if not better battery life on DL30 now than I was from DL09 with a custom UV'd kernel.

After doing this two days ago, yesterday I used the phone for 16 hours and went to bed at 54% - with a couple hours of MP3's playback and streaming youtube, as well as the normal txt/email/phone/wifi usage. AND I was in a basement with crappy signal for about 8 of those hours. Gotta love the 3g toggle and WiFi!! :) I had to turn on a movie, crank it up to 100% brightness and let it run TWICE to drain the battery down to 5-6% before went to bed the other night.

glad to hear its working for you monkysass, it improved mine quite a bit. i still dont have the battery life i had with dj05, of course my rom flashing is at an all time high, so maybe that has something to do with it. but overall not quite as good but def improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.