[ROM]TeamVenum-Wicked Sensation JellyBean V 3.0 [MB1] ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazednconfused1144

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]TeamVenum-Wicked Sensation JellyBean V 2.1 [OFFICIAL] ROM

What is flash dirty? and also if I wanted to flash Up in Smoke - how do I go back to Wicked Blue?

If you want to go back to blue after any of the themes, just reflash the Rom. I go back and forth between the Rom and themes without any wipes. If you ever have any issues, just wrote cache and dalvik cache, then flash Rom.

egon10psi

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Well she was having 0 problems and the ROM was working flawlessly so I stuck to why fix it if its not broken.

I get my new s3 in the mail today form an insurance claim...so maybe I will update both of our phones to 2.1.

Can I just flash hers to 2.1 or do I need to go into backup restore back to stock then update software and then flash 2.1? Or can I just flash 2.1 over 1.2 ?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Well she was having 0 problems and the ROM was working flawlessly so I stuck to why fix it if its not broken.

I get my new s3 in the mail today form an insurance claim...so maybe I will update both of our phones to 2.1.

Can I just flash hers to 2.1 or do I need to go into backup restore back to stock then update software and then flash 2.1? Or can I just flash 2.1 over 1.2 ?

You don't need to restore back to stock. Wipe cache, dalvik and data. Flash ROM and enjoy some wicked sensations.

egon10psi

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Okay so I guess what you are saying is that 2.1 comes with the new sprint software update so that she wont get bothered with it anymore. Thank you.

Also keeps getting SD card mount error? Is this a problem just with the SD card itsself?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Okay so I guess what you are saying is that 2.1 comes with the new sprint software update so that she wont get bothered with it anymore. Thank you.

Also keeps getting SD card mount error? Is this a problem just with the SD card itsself?

No I never said that. This ROM won't be updated to the MA6 or MB1 software. It is too difficult of a job updating a themed ROM and 3 separate themes and all the mods for such a nothing update. There just isn't a compelling reason to do so.

The sd card mount issue is probably an sdcard problem. If you decide to try another, I would stay away from sandisc.

egon10psi

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Okay so one more time just to be sure....if spring ever prompts us to do a software update we should just ignore or deny it because it will mess up the device? Correct?

dazednconfused1144

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Okay so one more time just to be sure....if spring ever prompts us to do a software update we should just ignore or deny it because it will mess up the device? Correct?

If you update to v2.1, then flash the link skunk posted earlier, you won't get the notification. I'll try to link it again when I get home.

Modified build.prop for Wicked v.2.1. http://d-h.st/GKG
Just download and flash in recovery on Wicked or any of my themes. Don't use on other roms.

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

What's with the "Black" things?
Like, black market on google play, and I just got a msg, something about black dropbox? I used the pulldown menu to read it, but after tapping on it, it took me to a weird display of my pictures. I couldn't actually read the text it displayed in the notification bar.

dazednconfused1144

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

What's with the "Black" things?
Like, black market on google play, and I just got a msg, something about black dropbox? I used the pulldown menu to read it, but after tapping on it, it took me to a weird display of my pictures. I couldn't actually read the text it displayed in the notification bar.

I used B-boys inverted market and Dropbox on the newest update, and that's what he calls it. Same app with his label, nothing different.

sirtronics

May 30, 2011
Visit site

I am confussed??
Using Titanium backup do i want to do all user app? or all system data or both?

You're going to like WS-2.1 :D
As far as getting everything setup. You're always going to have to do some manual things to get a new rom set up just the way you want it. The phone settings only take 5 minutes (10 at most) to go through and manually set up. You can restore data to your email app with titanium, and desktop and lock screens only take about 30 seconds each to manually set.
As for google backup, there will be people who disagree, but you really don't need, (or want) google backing up and restoring your apps. Besides restoring the apps, google also restores the data for each app, which can cause problems. If any of that restored data is corrupt or caused problems in the past, you're just asking for trouble by restoring it. So disable the google backup option on the phone and use Titanium instead. It gives you a lot more control.
For example after flashing a new rom, you can use Titanium to batch restore your user apps with NO DATA, just the apk's. After that's done, use titanium again to selectively restore the data ONLY for the apps that absolutely need it. I only do data restore for 5-6 apps, that's it.
After restoring all your apps you can restore your launcher data and that will take care of setting up your screens with all your app shortcuts and some of your widgets. Keep in mind, widgets sometimes have to be manually set up, no way around that.
Hope this helps a little.

Last edited:

Lane

May 15, 2011
Visit site

OF just flashed WS2.1/Up in Smoke and OMG this is good. One problem and a search thru this post has been unfruitful. When I try to copy or save pics from gmail of get an error ?unfortuneately gmail has stopped." Any suggestions?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

juniorr7710

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I was about to flash Up in Smoke, but I noticed that version I have in my ext sd card is 1.1 > but on the download link it states 1.2?

egon10psi

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

HELP I am in a hurry so posting this in here as well

Okay so I got my phone in the mail yesterday from my insurance claim and something just isnt working when trying to root this one....

First of all when I do ODIN it takes about 10 minutes to download the file...but I still get PASS. Then I take the battery out and try to boot into recovery...it starts booting into recovery then just starts the phone normally withou ever actually going into recovery.

I then can now power off the phone and boot into recovery and click on update from external SD card where I find the file I am supposed to flash. But it starts to flash and then aborts it?? What is going on here????

Also the error I get when trying to flash TEAM EPIC is E Signature Verificatoin Failed

egon10psi

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

nevermind for some reason when I clicked PDA it kept bringing up KLIES tar md5 and messing it up...I think I got it now

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

nevermind for some reason when I clicked PDA it kept bringing up KLIES tar md5 and messing it up...I think I got it now

Yes I answered that in the other thread you posted in. You were flashing the return to stock file. And were in stock recovery when you tried to flash team epic.

Please don't double post the same question in two threads. This thread has nothing to do with rooting.... ;)

egon10psi

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

sorry man I panicked.....was in a huge hurry and needed it answered quickly

Ez Duzit

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Loving the wickedness and using it for my daily driver but a couple of questions about some of the (new) settings in v2.1.

Is the volume loudness tweak still in the rom or has it been removed and replaced with Awesome BEATS / MusicFX ?
I use a great sound boost app to boost the voice directions when I'm using google nav, but now I'm scared to use it till I know if the loudness tweak is still there or not. Don't want to ruin the speaker and I didn't see anything about it being removed in the change log.

What are GPS notifications? Doesn't seem to do anything that I can notice. (in settings/sound)

Is page buddy not working? Doesn't seem to be, yet if turned off, it will turn itself back on. I did put a check in a few of the options but still nothing. (maybe just my phone?)

What is night-time keyboard mode? Doesn't do anything I can notice, but I use swipe beta, (possibly it's for android keyboard only?).

What exactly does "Use Assisted GPS" do that's different from the Use wireless networks option to assist with location?
I use google gps navigation on my phone all day every day for work, and haven't noticed any difference with assisted GPS on or off.

Under Lock screen options, what does "Popup note on lock screen" do, and how to use it?

Under back up and reset options, what does Data transfer mode do?

Last question. Other then the 1st question, did I just ask a bunch of questions about disabled features lol ??

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Loving the wickedness and using it for my daily driver but a couple of questions about some of the (new) settings in v2.1.

Is the volume loudness tweak still in the rom or has it been removed and replaced with Awesome BEATS / MusicFX ?
I use a great sound boost app to boost the voice directions when I'm using google nav, but now I'm scared to use it till I know if the loudness tweak is still there or not. Don't want to ruin the speaker and I didn't see anything about it being removed in the change log.

What are GPS notifications? Doesn't seem to do anything that I can notice. (in settings/sound)

Is page buddy not working? Doesn't seem to be, yet if turned off, it will turn itself back on. I did put a check in a few of the options but still nothing. (maybe just my phone?)

What is night-time keyboard mode? Doesn't do anything I can notice, but I use swipe beta, (possibly it's for android keyboard only?).

What exactly does "Use Assisted GPS" do that's different from the Use wireless networks option to assist with location?
I use google gps navigation on my phone all day every day for work, and haven't noticed any difference with assisted GPS on or off.

Under Lock screen options, what does "Popup note on lock screen" do, and how to use it?

Under back up and reset options, what does Data transfer mode do?

Last question. Other then the 1st question, did I just ask a bunch of questions about disabled features lol ??

I can't answer questions on any new features as I no longer have the phone. Hopefully dazed doesn't read this and get a headache. Lol. ;)

Ez Duzit

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

I can't answer questions on any new features as I no longer have the phone. Hopefully dazed doesn't read this and get a headache. Lol. ;)

Lol
The 1st question about the loudness tweak is the main one I'm hoping gets answered. The rest is just me wanting to check out other features and see if I like em enough to use. :)

sirtronics

May 30, 2011
Visit site

I guess I am missing something here I get everything EXCEPT the titanium backup Pro part right!!
(What can I backup... email? sms? screen setting? etc....)
I do a backup of all user apps?
then after a new rom install I run titanium backup and do a restore of all apps with data?
but none of my emails accounts or sms come back?
Please tell me what I am missing...
thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred