ARCHIVED: [RoM] YOUR-MOM-ROM v.1.1 - Updated 11/27/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RoM] YOUR-MOM-ROM v.1.0 - Updated 11/14/11

I have a few questions and I know thinking great more questions but they'er only to clarify a few things for me. I did read through page ten though:

1)This ROM is it a new OS that is in place of Gingerbread?
2)Or does it use GB, only with more functionality

the reason I ask is the software version never changed or was that on purpose for sprint not to flake out?

I think the biggest question I have is is there a way to make the phone a portable hotspot again?

another bit of functionality that I miss from Froyo is the ability make and take calls using the phone mic and a simple pair of head phones makes driving easy if you can hear the person you are speaking to through the sound system.

This is built off the official ZVH (Gingerbread) update from LG/Sprint. Yes, it is just tweaked to run A LOT better.

You can use the app Wireless Tether that is included in this ROM to enable portable hotspot. I've posted this reply while using it. We have been working on getting the native hotspot working, but it's not so easy this time around.

The phone mic being disabled while a headset is plugged in, has been a big disappointment to many running ZVH. At this time, there is no fix.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

It sure is nice to see people actually thanking the devs for their time and work. It's been a while since I've been in the Optimus S forums but i about lost my cool yesterday when i noticed this thread looked like the modification request line!!! Sorry if that comment i left came off abrasive but somebody had to do it so why not me?

As a developer, that is super super frustrating. It's a time intensive, mentally taxing hobby, where your fruits are provided for free to the community, and donations are few and far between! Then to see a thread full of requests, and minor complaints, come on guys, you know better! The Optimus S are some of the busiest forums here, yet have a reputation for being one of the best behaved groups.

Hell I don't even know where my Optimus is and I've tossed these guys money.

How about this rule, and i say this jokingly so don't take it literally, if your post starts with a "how do i" or "could you please" then you must donate $1 to each dev prior to posting! lol

P.S. Hi Everyone!!! Hope all the old regs are doing well! :D I miss you all

Last edited:

Connervt

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

How do I donate to these great devs? ;)

Seriously, I agree with you 100%. The devs put in a vast amount of time, and give the fruit of their labor freely to all who come here and look. Those who have spent a decade on Internet forums and chat rooms should have developed a thick skin by now, but folks shouldn't forget their manners and civility.

I, for one, am *very* grateful for what the Optimus S devs have come up with. a 1GB Reborn phone for free is a great deal, no matter how you slice it!

And I would be all over Your Mom, if she wasn't still a bit flaky due to LG/Sprint's not ready for prime time release of Gingerbread.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

Donation links for both can be found in their posbits .... thats the top of the post where their picture is, location, forum join data yadda yadda. You need to be on a PC to see it. Mobile browser and tapatalk will not show.

What most people probably never stop to put into perspective is ... you paid potentially hundreds of dollars for a device, even if you got it free the carrier paid that fee, to a company who employs engineers for 6 figure salaries, and the phone software sucked. So a couple of geeks, who make probably minimum wage spend their free time fixing the manufacturers mistakes, and they provide that work for free!!! Have any of you seen how sloppy LG is at coding? Holy crap we should form a class action lawsuit and get $20 back per device sold to be given exclusively to the development community for cleaning up after them!! lol

Happy clicking and thank you! I appreciate you, appreciating their work!

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Donation links for both can be found in their posbits .... thats the top of the post where their picture is, location, forum join data yadda yadda. You need to be on a PC to see it. Mobile browser and tapatalk will not show.

What most people probably never stop to put into perspective is ... you paid potentially hundreds of dollars for a device, even if you got it free the carrier paid that fee, to a company who employs engineers for 6 figure salaries, and the phone software sucked. So a couple of geeks, who make probably minimum wage spend their free time fixing the manufacturers mistakes, and they provide that work for free!!! Have any of you seen how sloppy LG is at coding? Holy crap we should form a class action lawsuit and get $20 back per device sold to be given exclusively to the development community for cleaning up after them!! lol

Happy clicking and thank you! I appreciate you, appreciating their work!

I agree with all of the above and then some. Also, you can usually find donation buttons at the bottom of our releases (bottom of the first post in the thread), though I've been slacking on that recently :p

When people are thankful of my (our) work it makes me want to do more work for the community. I guess you could say my motivation is the users.

farbeh

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site

Hello,
I am using the Your MOM ROM and maybe I am missing a step. But I still am unable to activate data2ext. See attached CMD stream.
This is after formatting and partitioning the SDCARD.
Thanks for your comments.
Farshad

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I am using the Your MOM ROM and maybe I am missing a step. But I still am unable to activate data2ext. See attached CMD stream.
This is after formatting and partitioning the SDCARD.
Thanks for your comments.
Farshad

Did you flash the data2ext.zip that I posted with the instructions?

farbeh

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site

Did you flash the data2ext.zip that I posted with the instructions?

Yes Jst,
The only thing different was that I moved all data from the SDCARD first and then copied your version of the data2ext on the card before flashing it.

antipunk

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Roms been running great, just updated to ginger kernal 8.0 no prob. Thanks for the great work!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Roms been running great, just updated to ginger kernal 8.0 no prob. Thanks for the great work!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

GK 8.0 is NICE isn't it? Huge props to drew!

While we are on the subject of GK, if everyone could please read the bottom of post#2 of this thread regarding future releases of this Rom and the kernel.

Kamron

Punk a$$ b1tcH
Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

I've been playing your mom this weekend, and she's been great!

I noticed that there is a donate window on the teamhydro website, but without a working link. Is a working link coming soon?

I'm also thrilled that Drew's latest kernel resolved the double-tap issue! Thanks again Drew!

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

I've been playing your mom this weekend, and she's been great!

I noticed that there is a donate window on the teamhydro website, but without a working link. Is a working link coming soon?

I'm also thrilled that Drew's latest kernel resolved the double-tap issue! Thanks again Drew!

As you can probably tell, the website is a little bare because we're still working on it :p

I've added the donation button to the box now, I just had to finish setting up the Team Hydro paypal account.

EDIT: Oh, and THANKS!

Reactions: Kamron

Enzomatrx

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

is the default theme for this available? I flashed a GB theme and the colors are off, so I thought I'd ask (will just use the nandroid backup I made prior to flashing the theme though)

Could be useful to have...

Status
Not open for further replies.