ARCHIVED: [RoM] YOUR-MOM-ROM v.1.1 - Updated 11/27/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I did that and it gave me crazy force closes so I restored an old nandroid and no problem

Not sure why that happened. Here is what I recommend. Make a nand, wipe everything (data, cache, dalvik, and format system from mounts and storage menu) then flash v1.1 and let it boot fully. Then go back to recovery and flash the reboot mod. You should be good after that. Then you can start replacing your apps.

DRAGON JOEY

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello guys, I'm fairly new to this forum and to android os, but ever since I changed from windows os to android I don't regret it. Now I have a Samsung Epic and I've been able to manipulate fairly everything after I rooted it, but I just got my wife an Optimus S LS670ZVH and I was able to root it thanks to all the help I have recieved from you guys and I even installed the YOUR-MOM-ROM it works GREAT, but I am having a simple problem, I can't see the contacts list, the contacts to my understanding are in the phone because if I call her phone my name shows up on the screen, but if I try to search for a contact to place a call, it comes up as if there weren't any contacts available. I'm really lost with this, I don't know if I should just reinstall everything again or what? Please if there is any suggestions they will be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

eracet

Mar 7, 2011
www.evolutiongamer.net
Hello guys, I'm fairly new to this forum and to android os, but ever since I changed from windows os to android I don't regret it. Now I have a Samsung Epic and I've been able to manipulate fairly everything after I rooted it, but I just got my wife an Optimus S LS670ZVH and I was able to root it thanks to all the help I have recieved from you guys and I even installed the YOUR-MOM-ROM it works GREAT, but I am having a simple problem, I can't see the contacts list, the contacts to my understanding are in the phone because if I call her phone my name shows up on the screen, but if I try to search for a contact to place a call, it comes up as if there weren't any contacts available. I'm really lost with this, I don't know if I should just reinstall everything again or what? Please if there is any suggestions they will be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

This sounds like just a basic contact display issue.
Try this and see if it works.
Go to the contacts "app" on your phone.
Click config button, and choose display options

You should see one that says Choose contacts to display and see an account listed (or more then one)
If you click on the account you will see options of what to display. If you want to see all the contacts that you have on this phone account, make sure all are clicked.

You can always edit contacts on googles site if you log in with the account you are using for contacts.

Hope this helps.

DRAGON JOEY

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate your help, unfortunately I had already tried that but it didn't work, now I did notice that the phone powered off due to discharge and when it powered back on after charging all the contacts were synced. Don't really know if all that was needed was another reboot but the contacts are there now...lol... again thanks for your help...

densevjun1985

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey can somone help or let me know how to fix this, ive flashed the roM and love it its the greatest ever but after ive flashed it removes my info in my system, like under about phone where it norm says phone num it says unknown, and under all the info for the phone it says unknown, ive tried to update profile, but it just says not avaliable when phone is outta service, and it wont work on wifi done tried that. phone has no service and no data connectinon at all, just wondering if anyone else is having this problem? Ive used other roms before and they have worked with out flaw, but this rom kicks all them off the map, and i NEED it to work on my phone so badly, LG OPTIMUS S

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey can somone help or let me know how to fix this, ive flashed the roM and love it its the greatest ever but after ive flashed it removes my info in my system, like under about phone where it norm says phone num it says unknown, and under all the info for the phone it says unknown, ive tried to update profile, but it just says not avaliable when phone is outta service, and it wont work on wifi done tried that. phone has no service and no data connectinon at all, just wondering if anyone else is having this problem? Ive used other roms before and they have worked with out flaw, but this rom kicks all them off the map, and i NEED it to work on my phone so badly, LG OPTIMUS S

What radio version do you have? Your Mom ROM is for ZVH radio ONLY.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like you are not running zvh baseband.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

farbeh

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I had flashed my LG optimus with Your MOM for some time now and recently by haste I factory reset the phone. Now I have lost the custom recovery. The phone does not boot all the way and hangs up on the Android splash screen. Is there a way to load the custom recovery back?
Thanks
Farshad

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I had flashed my LG optimus with Your MOM for some time now and recently by haste I factory reset the phone. Now I have lost the custom recovery. The phone does not boot all the way and hangs up on the Android splash screen. Is there a way to load the custom recovery back?
Thanks
Farshad

how did you do that? from privacy menu? i thought v1.1 removed that. can you boot into recovery and does adb recognize the device?

if so, push the xionia img to the phone and flash it.

farbeh

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
how did you do that? from privacy menu? i thought v1.1 removed that. can you boot into recovery and does adb recognize the device?

if so, push the xionia img to the phone and flash it.

Hi ele,
From privacy menu. I hadn't updated from v1.0. I do boot into stock recovery and that I cannot interrupt ( or dont know how). The boot sequence formats the data and and cache and then boot s into Your MOM but stops on the ANDROID splash screen. I can run adb shell when the Adroid screen shows.
Thx

TheRidge

TheRidge
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
There's something going on here. I cant seem to DL any of the new ROM's and getting the phone to work. Everything else works fine, just no network connection. At first I thought it was probably Sprint, but when I flashed back to C7 or Reborn, my phone works just fine. Any ideas? I had the same problem with Opti-ROM earlier today. Im wondering what im doing wrong. Any Ideas? Much thanks!!
Ridge :confused:

Last edited:

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
YOu are on the wrong radio. If CM7 and Reborn work, then you are on baseband ZVD radio. And if you flash ZVH based roms, the radio will not work. These roms require ZVH baseband radio as stated in their OP. So first you must do the ZVH official upgrade which will update your radio, which needs the stock recovery to flash the radio. Then root, install Xionia recovery, then a ZVH rom.

Here is a start in the right direction: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-how-rooting-ls670zvh-links-root-zvd-zv9.html

Howard1685

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Tethering

does not matter which method I use either data cable or wifi tether my phone just simply stops providing internet or just straight disconnects from the computer (software wise) obviously it doesnt unplug its self but it might as well. Because the icon just disappears out of the tray and I get a dee-dump sound from the computer.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
razpie