S10 PLUS Audio Files Issue

Mark8768

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I recently noticed some of my notification sounds went away, went to zedge to download, and nothing there. I found there is two folders Notification sounds and another called Notification_sound where the downloaded sounds go?

No problem I'll just move them I thought, however, the S-10 won't allow me to move those files over it grabs them but when I get to the right folder I am unable to use the "move here" darkened out.

No idea why these no longer work? Anyone run into this before?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What about if you go settings >sounds>ring tone tap the + in upper right corner can you choose your custom ringtones?

Mark8768

May 24, 2010
Visit site
What about if you go settings >sounds>ring tone tap the + in upper right corner can you choose your custom ringtones?

Yes... no problem with ringtones. It's notification sounds that seem to be an issue. I've been able to move files etc but not anymore.

Mark8768

May 24, 2010
Visit site
That's just it ...it's only downloading to notification_ sounds and the apps are pulling from notification sound. I can't move the downloaded sounds between files for some reason

Mark8768

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Figured a workaround... copied them from the audio file directly into internal storage. Working now. Thanks for the help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Using a file manager app, use the option to explore your storage (rather than looking at the categories the file manager might present to you on the main screen). Then navigate to the /Notification directory. That's the best place to copy your custom tones to.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Using a file manager app, use the option to explore your storage (rather than looking at the categories the file manager might present to you on the main screen). Then navigate to the /Notification directory. That's the best place to copy your custom tones to.
My files , pretty straight forward
Say you download from zedge , open that folder long press that message tone at the bottom screen choose move , now back out one step look for notifications folder and open it and choose move to it , done.
Go to sounds and settings >notifications sound>look for your new message tone

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe1335