S6 Edge - Screen rotation does not work properly

techman05

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
So far best buy samsung have no solution (solution verizon gave from samsung mothership is all they are going on right now) and I'm here backing up to the cloud for a reset and then a factory reset.

Anyone in contact with Samsung, link the firmware here for best buy so I can stop this madness.

techman05

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
You don't need to do that. If you have fast Internet back up you stuff and do the factory reset. I only have 2Gb of stuff and I'm going to be at this for a while backing up.

Perfect world they'd transfer my files to a second phone and reset mine but I didn't think to ask while I was still there in front of them.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I know that I just don't see a way to do anything than transfer to a new phone option on the Samsung switch program. Aparrently whoever guiding verizon recommended so I'm passing along what "they" said.

Go to tthis link, http://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/SmartSwitchPC.exe, and download the Smart Switch for PC or http://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/SmartSwitch4Mac.dmg for Mac and there you will have basically all the features you had with the kies program.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Use the above post and download Smart Switch for your computer, do a Full backup, and then just power off your device, Press Power, Vol. Up and Home Buttons at the same time and hold until you see at the top of your screen that it's booting into Recovery Mode.

In there do a Wipe Cache Partition and if you feel brave enough or were already decided to factory reset do a Wipe data (Full reset) and see if when it reboots everything is back to normal, if not, don't waste more time and get a replacement.

techman05

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I'be checked smart switch an it has nothing that I can access other than to switch devices. I went to the link for it and ran it and all it has is easy transfer options unless for some stupid reason I have to switch a phone to get the other features.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'be checked smart switch an it has nothing that I can access other than to switch devices. I went to the link for it and ran it and all it has is easy transfer options unless for some stupid reason I have to switch a phone to get the other features.

I don't really know what my be the difference but I just went to the PC link in there and installed the PC program, ran it, connected the phone and let me do Backup and other stuff.

techman05

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Then maybe it just doesn't like windows 7;) I looked so hard for a skip button or a "not what your looking for button". I'm stuck with steps 1-5 to transfer a phone and nothing else.

swiftkick2dnuts

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
from a thread on xda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian288

Could be. Because i dont remember testing out auto rotate before updating.. But it could very well be that 5.02 messed us up

I HAVE THE ANSWER AND REFUTABLE PROOF THE PROBLEM WAS CAUSED BY THE UPDATE

I am standing in a Sprint store and I just checked both the S6 and S6 Edge and neither have been updated and both work flawlessly the photos go to landscape mode without hesitation videos play in landscape mode instantly without having to mess with all the settings

Internet will go into landscape mode than go back without locking up

I went over all the landscape (rotation ) complaints on this string and the S6 and S6 Edge on display that haven't had the update have none of the issues listed in this forum

techman05

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
O.k well I ended up replacing my phone after 4 or more hours of backing up. Also you can tell me now that the link above for smart sync is for the install version. Apparently its supposed to work that you swap phones using the version you see on samsung's page and then a link pops up to install the full version. At least thats how the samsung.com tech described it.

I ended up doing the app sync from my old phone instead of waiting another hour to pull from the cloud and more potential use of my data. At least the phone I got did do rotation after I signed in and rotated the phone. I didn't see any funny apps except for text to speech and chrome web parts ,which didn't mention any thing on rotation.

seems to work past 10 minutes so I hope the replacement sticks.

DNA BOY

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm also going to replace my phone. But I'm wait till the new screen protector I ordered gets here I just hope the edge don't sell out at Sprint.

DaMaRa1109

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Anybody wondering. I got mine replaced at verizon this afternoon. They said I was the second person since Friday to return a s6 edge for this reason. So doesn't seem to be common but it was definitely a hardware issue.

S6 Edge

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Anybody wondering. I got mine replaced at verizon this afternoon. They said I was the second person since Friday to return a s6 edge for this reason. So doesn't seem to be common but it was definitely a hardware issue.

S6 Edge

I don't think it was a hardware issue. My edge was rotating during the activation phase, I remember. Something happened along the way. It has to be a software issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

DocRid

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I don't think it was a hardware issue. My edge was rotating during the activation phase, I remember. Something happened along the way. It has to be a software issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

Also, no one on the non-Edge side is reporting this problem. I'm guessing it has something to do with edge-specific software.

techman05

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
It's supposedly a software issue. I would have tried smart sync pc program but I already got a replaced one so I'm not going to format it to test it. I'd hope the software reset in the program is a solution but apparently just pushing the reset button doesn't fix it. At least the software link above does have a backup/restore option so you wouldn't loose much trying. Just make sure you are downloading from samsung.com or an offical rep link and not some funky site (just in case someone ever plays dirty)

techman05

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Also, no one on the non-Edge side is reporting this problem. I'm guessing it has something to do with edge-specific software.
It was reported on both sides and a link there. I think it's just more active here. The screen and the battery should be the only big difference in the devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow