Samsung galaxy core prime not charging

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've had my core prime for around 3 years now and recently it has been giving me loads of overheating warning messages despite not being warm at all. It no longer charges due to a battery overheating error message but the battery within it has no issues with my moms old core prime. It has had a past of some pretty bad overheating (causing damage to the inside plastic such as slight discoloration) however its been awhile since it has had that issue. Is there any way to prevent the overheating error message?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, if you can register a account here, me or other members be happy to assist you.
I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html
I've had my core prime for around 3 years now and recently it has been giving me loads of overheating warning messages despite not being warm at all. It no longer charges due to a battery overheating error message but the battery within it has no issues with my moms old core prime. It has had a past of some pretty bad overheating (causing damage to the inside plastic such as slight discoloration) however its been awhile since it has had that issue. Is there any way to prevent the overheating error message?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Perhaps there was damage to the thermal sensors. You'd probably have to bring the phone to a repair shop, but I imagine the cost of repair would not be worth the overall value of the phone -- it may be time to get a newer phone.