Samsung: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'd go with something from Samsung, Tech21, or Speck. I like the name brands more than the off brands.

It all depends. This one supplier I get generic Defender style cases from have very good quality. The iphone 7,8 defender they make is nearly identical to Otterbox. From the padded backing to screen protector. The same S9 plus generic defender is also top notch. I ordered the Samsung rugged case and also the Caseology Legion case. I will hold off until the generic clone defender comes out in a few weeks and keep a couple for myself when I order it. Just tired of spending $60 at launch for the Defender.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Everyone swears by the dome glass ones but I've never used one. The Zagg curved glass ones suck and the film ones are awful.
I wouldn't use anything but the Whitestone domed glass protectors. They are great. Expensive, but worth it. I already ordered one (the Note 9 version will be ready in a few days).

technutcounselor

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
Have they shipped yet? Have they shipped yet? Will they ship by Friday or today or next Wednesday? LOL. I have the 128 GB Blue one coming. I have an iPhone X for personal use and this will be for my business. Cant wait!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Have they shipped yet? Have they shipped yet? Will they ship by Friday or today or next Wednesday? LOL. I have the 128 GB Blue one coming. I have an iPhone X for personal use and this will be for my business. Cant wait!
I have a Fedex and a UPS app on my phone and check daily now. Not sure which way the 9 will be coming so I check both.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I noticed a tropical disturbance in the central atalntic tonight has NHC's attention. I hope this doesn't mess up my Note 9 delivery two years in a row if we get a hurricane once again.

I will go nuts if I get delayed again. Just hurry and ship the phone!

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I noticed a tropical disturbance in the central atalntic tonight has NHC's attention. I hope this doesn't mess up my Note 9 delivery two years in a row if we get a hurricane once again.

I will go nuts if I get delayed again. Just hurry and ship the phone!

I hope it don't happen again either. And thanks for the heads up lol😁

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
OMG.....

My status change from PreOrder to Preparing for shipment ...

This year Samsung ship early than anyone else. good job sammy
I hope you get it early but last year the "preparing to ship" status could stay on there for days before they would ship

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I hope you get it early but last year the "preparing to ship" status could stay on there for days before they would ship

THIS. My hasn't change. Bottom line is we won't have it this weekend. We could have it on Monday, but probably Tue. Over the next two days our order statuses will likely change and sit like that for a couple days.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: So when will the Note 9 likely ship for pre orders?

Well last night my charge disappeared from my bank account which means they're getting ready to ship. My thinking is they either start shipping them on Friday and we get it on Monday or late Sunday night and tue most of us get it.

Samsung.com gave no option to pay for overnight shipping this time so it's 2nd day air.
I wouldn't imagined that they would start shipments on a Friday and have them sit for 2 days.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: So when will the Note 9 likely ship for pre orders?

This is part of the Note pre-order tradition. Same posts, same people, different year.
...and the time lines are "usually" the same each time - picked up late Sunday night. Of course, there are exceptions.
I kind of get a kick out of reading the posts from people on Tuesday that haven't had any movement yet, while being one of the first to have their tracking number. Also, when people that pre-ordered two days before that Sunday already getting movement on their package by Sunday night and people who pre-ordered the minute pre-orders went live are seeing nothing.
Like you said, same ole, same ole.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
well looks like the blue 512gb is on back order. I put mine in the cart and says itll ship on the week of the 26. so after the initial release date. I had a note 9 512 blue pre ordered but cancelled but of course I want it now. should I pre order the purple 512? is it too girly?

I thought the "Thanos edition" looked cool in Flossy's video, but in the store it just looked pink, so I ordered the blue

Attachments

• 37861.jpg
    37861.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 131

technutcounselor

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
I have a Fedex and a UPS app on my phone and check daily now. Not sure which way the 9 will be coming so I check both.
Here’s to the truly obsessed. I’m with you. I haven’t checked the apps but I am stalking all the ac forum preorder posts daily (ok maybe every couple of hours).