Samsung galaxy S4 battery question

Jude Mathis

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi, im new to samsung and android stuff and i want to ask a question regarding battery life.Why is that after 15 minutes my battery went from 100% to 97%.Is this normal? Coz i really haven't done anything besides browsing through the net.And my battery usage says that my screen is using the most battery with 78% usage.I don't quite know what's using up my battery that fast or is it normal? Have all the features turned of and my brightness lower.My phone is 2 weeks old btw.

Thanks!

stramuzik

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
its normal in all android devices expect NOTES because it has a 3100mAH battery where as the s4 has a 2700mAH battery and even s4 has a AMOLED display and the screen consumes the power much

hausjam

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Same thing here. Its weird coming from an iPhone where you can use it for like half an hour and it still shows 100% . but I have always questioned the legitimacy of that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

prozacfield

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi, im new to samsung and android stuff and i want to ask a question regarding battery life.Why is that after 15 minutes my battery went from 100% to 97%.Is this normal? Coz i really haven't done anything besides browsing through the net.And my battery usage says that my screen is using the most battery with 78% usage.I don't quite know what's using up my battery that fast or is it normal? Have all the features turned of and my brightness lower.My phone is 2 weeks old btw.

Thanks!

Screen on + signal + browser itself + background services = battery going down. There's nothing to do with it, that's the way this OS works. If you want to know more, get Wakelock Detector and learn to use it, this way you can find what is eating your battery and maybe disable/get rid of it. Google Services is the main problem, poor signal is the second. If you have many widgets consider removing them, they really eat battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevenharvi